ADJW on Dino: "He's going to be our coach in 2021" | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

ADJW on Dino: "He's going to be our coach in 2021"

Funny. The BS I spew? I think you should re-read the paragraph. It's complete diarrhea. A bit dramatic here, no? Just a small sample below.

"Letting 18-22 year old kids make very strong political statements on national TV that can’t be taken back or gracefully mitigated later in life is a phenomenally problematic public lack of judgement that will likely hurt the university’s image in my eyes. These are kids who lost the power to choose their uniform on senior day because they couldn’t get that decision right..."
You’ll have to get a job one day, and when that day comes, you’ll be thankful that you have an anon name on the internet. The kids suiting up don’t have that luxury. Unlike the embarrassing fly stupid things that you routinely say, they can’t hide. An adult should protect them from their mistakes.

You’ll have to get a job one day, and when that day comes, you’ll be thankful that you have an anon name on the internet. The kids suiting up don’t have that luxury. Unlike the embarrassing fly stupid things that you routinely say, they can’t hide. An adult should protect them from their mistakes.

did you really address that to IB.

Seriously you have no idea who you are addressing with that crap.

Your delusional if you think that people who disagree with you aren’t highly successful

No, I have a problem with you making points without doing any actual work. Lots of "I suspect" and "I'm not sure" but I'm 100% correct you should believe me.

Why? There's zero substance until you show the work. First assignment: Correlation between YPG and good offense. Show that there is none as you assert. We'll wait.
To be clear, I’m not making a statement over whether or not he’s a good OC.

I’m making a statement over whether non-pace adjusted stats are meaningful. That’s basic math.

But if you need numbers, for the (I’m guessing) 15th time, imagine a world where an offense scores a TD and only a TD every 2nd time it gets the ball, and imagine it gets the ball 24x a game. Assuming extra points are sure things, it will have generated 84 points a game (7x24x50%=84). Now assume that another offense scores every time it has the ball, but they only have 10 possessions a game. Again assuming XPT are sure things, it would have generated 70 pts a game.

If the 2 teams play each other, the team with the offense that scores every possession will beat the team that only scores every other possession. However, the less efficient offense has a higher PPG number.

That disconnect is why per game stats are meaningless in a world where tempo offenses exist in harmony with traditional offenses using numbers and (extremely) basic math.

If you disagree with my math, then you’re beyond help (which I suspect is the case). If you disagree with our OC running a high tempo offense, then take it up with Syracuse University and the bio that they wrote about him (which I’m pretty sure was the other guy’s source).

If your feelings are vicariously hurt that I called out bad analysis, then it’s time to throw out your participation trophies.

did you really address that to IB.

Seriously you have no idea who you are addressing with that crap.

Your delusional if you think that people who disagree with you aren’t highly successful
I did, and there are plenty of people who disagree with me who are highly successful. I disagreed with much of what RBG and Scalia wrote, but they were undoubtably successful. They were also undoubtably competent.

My opinion of someone has nothing to do with their propensity to agree with me. It has to do with their ability to voice a well-reasoned position.

I don't have a job I have a company a couple of them BTW, but thanks and most that know me here know that I am not full of it and I maintain that your OP was as worthless as worthless comes.

Syracuse is the only P5 team to not have an undefeated nonconference record in a single season since 1998.

We lose atleast 1 nonconference game every year.
That hurts getting to bowls.

Really hope that we push back the 2022 Purdue game to 2024. I think the entire team is two years away from a potential breakthrough year. Yet we have two P5 games OOC like idiots.

Part of the reason why I hate Duke, NC State, Wake is because they schedule weak OOC every year. Then they start 5-1, get overhyped, and finish 7-5 overall.

I don't have a job I have a company a couple of them BTW, but thanks and most that know me here know that I am not full of it
The kids on my street who sell lemonade during a pandemic have a company, too. I’ll drop your name if they decide to outsource labor.

The kids on my street who sell lemonade during a pandemic have a company, too. I’ll drop your name if they decide to outsource labor.

Like I said, many know me here in the real world and know what I do for a living and what I own professionally. I am good with it and this will be my last post on the topic. I am certainly not anonymous. I have done OK.

Last edited:
I did, and there are plenty of people who disagree with me who are highly successful. I disagreed with much of what RBG and Scalia wrote, but they were undoubtably successful. They were also undoubtably competent.

My opinion of someone has nothing to do with their propensity to agree with me. It has to do with their ability to voice a well-reasoned position.

now you’re comparing your reasoning ability to that of a Supreme Court justice

unreal

You really think because a black athlete put Equality on the back of their Jersey they are going to have an issue finding a job after college lol... You sir, are out of touch.

I’m making a statement over whether non-pace adjusted stats are meaningful. That’s basic math.

But if you need numbers, for the (I’m guessing) 15th time, imagine a world where an offense scores a TD and only a TD every 2nd time it gets the ball, and imagine it gets the ball 24x a game. Assuming extra points are sure things, it will have generated 84 points a game (7x24x50%=84). Now assume that another offense scores every time it has the ball, but they only have 10 possessions a game. Again assuming XPT are sure things, it would have generated 70 pts a game.

If the 2 teams play each other, the team with the offense that scores every possession will beat the team that only scores every other possession. However, the less efficient offense has a higher PPG number.

That disconnect is why per game stats are meaningless in a world where tempo offenses exist in harmony with traditional offenses using numbers and (extremely) basic math.

If you disagree with my math, then you’re beyond help (which I suspect is the case). If you disagree with our OC running a high tempo offense, then take it up with Syracuse University and the bio that they wrote about him (which I’m pretty sure was the other guy’s source).

If your feelings are vicariously hurt that I called out bad analysis, then it’s time to throw out your participation trophies.

Every time you explain non-pace adjusted stats to me it cracks me up. I've never once said that they were better. I've pushed back on the notion that they are 100% meaningless. I think non-pace-adjusted stats are ill-equipped to measure efficiency, but that there's still a correlation.

The math I disagree with is "slamming posters for using the wrong stats + never doing your own work" - it leads me to think your opinion is not worth reading because you don't really know what you're talking about outside of a basic math concept that you keep explaining to people who already understand it.

Why would my feelings be hurt lol.

To other people reading this.. The truth is that advanced stats and pace-adjusted stats are harder to find generally. The ones that are readily available are not all in one place or easily digestible. Sometimes it can be easier to lean into what you can find quickly - especially if you're on your lunch break and pecking at your phone.

YPG and PPP are close to meaningless stats. There’s a wide dispersion in pace between schools ever since Art Briles’ Baylor offense got big, and the modern game is much faster than past eras.

Yards per play/possession and points per play/possession (ideally possession) are far more relevant.

I have no idea if YPP/PPP would make Gilbert look good or bad, but making arguments based off of YPG is like arguing how good of an offensive coordinator he is based on his cousin’s favorite 3 colors.

2017YPPYPP Rank out of 130
Sterlin Gilbert, USF6.15#35
Sean Lewis/Lynch, Syracuse5.33#95

Did ya work for you. If you want to split it, you can look up what the defenses each team faced that year looked like so we can factor it in, you know for efficiencies sake.

Did ya work for you. If you want to split it, you can look up what the defenses each team faced that year looked like so we can factor it in, you know for efficiencies sake.

TheCusian coming in hot from the top rope!!

tenor.gif

you tell us

when all is said and done though he'll likely have produced more NFL kids than any SU coach since 2000.
I hope he does, because if he does we are at least competitive and maybe good. I see no proof of this presently, and no longer am wearing those orange glasses.

are you really arguing that if the full roster had the benefit of working with the new coordinators and the younger players on the roster had the benefit of a spring and summer strength and conditioning program this team wouldn’t have performed better?
No I am arguing that every team had the same practice and player issues, but our staff was the worst at coaching through those issues.

That’s a different record you are referring to. And where do you get from my post that I have orange colored glasses, was it when I said don’t hope too hard for a miracle?
yes because that statement made no sense.

You really think because a black athlete put Equality on the back of their Jersey they are going to have an issue finding a job after college lol... You sir, are out of touch.
Is that really what he is referring to?
"Equality" on the back of the jersey was the extremely strong political statement?

I thought I had missed something.

This is EXACTLY why either God, Al Gore or Temery invented the 'Ignore" button.

NZM shall grace my board view nethermore.

Quantitative Analysis as a standalone is only as good as the person putting the numbers on the page. A team that only has 10 possessions a game won't sustain scoring on every drive as they will be gassed before halftime (24 possessions a game vs. 10 possessions). Further, around 70% of P5 offenses utilize some element of enhanced paced play on the field. Statistical analysis can be just as biased as human gut instinct when presented in silos.

Did you bet that Russell Wilson would throw 70+ TDs after the first 3 games of the 2020 NFL season?

Only folks who were excited about Wildhack comments were the other ACC FB programs. They want Dino to return. Easy W.

I do not think deciding to go with Dino ends well...

Keep seeing this pop up too. 1st caveat: Recruiting can always be better, unless you're Clemson. Actually, I bet you could go to their board right now and find a position group they are not excited about because 'cruiting could be better or they missed on a guy.

Is Babers on the low end of recruiting? Not compared to Syracuse HC's.

HCAvg # of 4* who made it to campusNational Rank Avg (based on quality and quantity)ACC Rank Avg (if applicable)Average Rating
Dino Babers0.456.410.80.8422
Scott Shafer06112.30.8223
Doug Marrone0.2559.3N/A0.8145
Greg Robinson154N/A0.8044
You are a true looks through orange tinted glasses fan on everything. Recruiting has stunk. Let the truth set you free. College FB is not that difficult to understand as a coach. You recruit lousy, the team will stink. Like 1-10 stink.

Dino is going into Year 6. Recruiting should be far better. It isn't. Other programs use far advanced recruiting systems and procedures

1-10. How does that stat taste? Do you ever read your own posts. Such a homer. Be a fan. That is fine. But try to be a little objective for once. Think about what you are writing first. When every post is a total homer post you lack credibility. The FB team just finished last again...yeeesh!!

No I am arguing that every team had the same practice and player issues, but our staff was the worst at coaching through those issues.

Uh, no they didn’t

How many programs changed both coordinators, changed the defense, and had over half the active roster first and second year players?

Do you think that just maybe this disruption might impact a team like that, in particular one that relies on coaching and training up three star recruits, maybe more than others

All COVID impacts are not equal, it’s not a hard concept if you know what’s going on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom