Adrian Autry to Take Helm of Men's Basketball as Jim Boeheim's Storied Career Comes to End | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Adrian Autry to Take Helm of Men's Basketball as Jim Boeheim's Storied Career Comes to End

I just don’t know about Red. He has been on staff for the last 10 years and the decline. Langel a better option who will probably get another gig and make them regret it, ND?

I just don’t know about Red. He has been on staff for the last 10 years and the decline. Langel a better option who will probably get another gig and make them regret it, ND?
Nah, if you were going out of the family you get a good coach, not a patriot league guy

Wow. Very surprised with how quickly the announcement came. Kudos to the AD and Administration for actually acting.

JB is and forever will be Syracuse basketball. Hate that things weren’t as pretty these past few years, but his impact on the university and city of Syracuse will live on past his time.

Did we not do a national search?

jennifer-lawrence-thumbs-up.gif

Looks like this statement was pretty well thought out, and planned to be pushed out as soon as the season ended.

Still dislike staying inside, but at least JB has been ushered out the door.

Love the guy, very appreciative of all of the enjoyment he's brought to my life -- but he's presided over a period of decline that just wasn't acceptable anymore.

Hopefully in time, the fanbase will remember the good more than the bad, and his legacy won't be defined by the last 9 years that fell far short of the standard he'd set.

Last edited:
I’ve said a lot of negative things about JW lately, but it’s clear Jim did not want to retire and yet an hour after the season Red is the new coach because JW knew it was time. Props to JW to not folding and doing what was best for Syracuse University.

I was three sheets to the wind in Atlantis when I met GMac and Red. Asked Red to take a picture of GMac and I while I rambled about how much I loved him and the whole time I can’t get the camera on my phone to work

I go “man I’m so sorry I’ve been drinking since my plane landed down here.” Red said to me “As you should be.”

It was so damn cool. I hit people with that line all of the time now.

I’m all the way in based on that interaction alone. Let’s win some damn games.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom