Adrian Autry to Take Helm of Men's Basketball as Jim Boeheim's Storied Career Comes to End | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Adrian Autry to Take Helm of Men's Basketball as Jim Boeheim's Storied Career Comes to End

Of course the Syracuse alumns are going to want one of their own. Big shocker there. Ex players are barely fit to make rational choices do to built in bias. Do we see a big recruiting jump from Red? I can’t see it. Does the hire cure the apathetic fan base and goes back to 20k+ for home games? Highly doubtful. Not to even fake a national search after 7 years of irrelevancy is shocking. In no other circumstance , in no other sport would this hire been made in similar circumstances. Name one. Even if they had to hire from within they made the wrong choice. Total $h0w up there
You are correct. We all know what bad Athletic Department that we have…I could go on and on with the silly errors…

-Misspelling current and pats player names
-Making puzzling head coaching decisions in our main sports
-The prior women’s bball scandal
-Botched JB fiasco

I feel like we do too many silly actions. And it pains me to say as a big fan and season tickets holder

Wow! Totally missed that one.

Man, how anyone can blame any of this on the admin is astounding.
Yep. Jim made the choice to spend the past couple months being needlessly coy, and at times combative. And he made the choice yesterday to act that weirdly in the press conference and tell the team.

It would have been very, very easy to tell the media that he’d address his future in due time. And he could have waited to tell his players until this weekend. But he didn’t.

He made choices. Consequences followed.

I agree. Most of the commentators love him. Non popular opinion: Outside of his pressors he is wry, witty pretty much congenial.
During my second interaction with him, I asked him to call my buddy who's had seasons forever. So he calls and starts in on my friend. "You're probably one of those guys who's always busting my chops".

Does anybody find it strange that he hasn’t released a statement yet?

Not if he has something for the presser tomorrow. If he is there or releases something for that, wouldn’t be weird to me.

If presser goes by and still nothing- that would be a bit deflating.

Nope, thats called being smart at this point. Decompress. Let the news cycle pass nationally on his departure. Let Red have his day. Maybe later Friday you get a statement from him about Red only. Maybe Monday there is a broader message thanking the community and Syracuse. I would wager someone who can navigate between JB and JW is probably trying to help smooth things and I am sure JBs wife was helpful as well.

This is still sinking in for me. Literally the basketball coach at Syracuse longer than I’ve been alive.

I never thought that win over WVU would be his last win in the tournament, oddly enough.

JW said on a radio interview a couple months ago that they would search for the next coach internally and externally and make the hire best for the program. Now we're hearing that Red's been locked in for a long time. Did he just straight up lie? And why?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom