Adrian Autry to Take Helm of Men's Basketball as Jim Boeheim's Storied Career Comes to End | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Adrian Autry to Take Helm of Men's Basketball as Jim Boeheim's Storied Career Comes to End

Well it's game on now. Assuming they sat down with the team or will be now.

JB's press conference comments were very strange. First he said that he made his retirements speech last Saturday, then was non-committal about what that meant.

I wonder if he just couldn't bring himself to say it out loud.

I'll get it out now. I would NOT have gone to syracuse had it not been for Jim and what he built up there. A kid from Boston wouldn't have been exposed to Big Monday, the Dome, everything that was built in the 80s when I was wide eyed and so impressed by the majesty that is Syracuse University.

I am emotional now that it's over and reflecting on my own life and how I got to where I am. I owe so much of it (wife, job) to Syracuse University. And the derivative to that is one Jim Boeheim. I even got to do a commercial with him for TK99 (Gomez show) in the mid 90s when I was the Orange.

Hope retirement is good for you Jim.

LFG Red!

LGO

I am not at all sold on the hire, but, considering that him coaching next year was a strong possibility, the minimum that needed to happen happened. What a way to end a legendary career. The rushed botched and horrible retirement saga feels both terrible and like it had to happen. This is both horrific and good news. Crazy times.

That couldn’t have been handled any better by the University? No national search?

Total garbage all the way around.

The PC today was likely the final nail in the coffin. JB's statements likely pushed the last few people on the fence over the edge.
Probably decided before the game they just did JB not dirty and let him coach the ACCT as a non lame duck.

Things like this can’t be perfect no issue with how this played out.

Autry has 2 years so we didn’t cost him any portal time good job by the AD.

Pretty telling that the word "retire" is not used in the press release. I really hope they all can smooth things over quickly and make this as dignified as possible.
Yea, they took the decision out of his hands. If he wants to go whine and complain now, it's a terrible look for Autry and the university. Honestly, well done by JW. This had to be done this way and it was executed well.

jennifer-lawrence-thumbs-up.gif
Look. Be snarky all you want. We did not hire a search firm, but John has actively been planning for this for at least the last two years. I can guarantee you there were external clients considered and back channel communication explored. This was not a lazy, path of least resistance decision. Did we get to the point that we brought multiple candidates in for repetitive rounds of interviews? No. But there were many sources on input that went into this decision and Red was far from the only candidate.

That couldn’t have been handled any better by the University? No national search?

Total garbage all the way around.
I’d prefer National. Not thrilled.

But national and then deciding on Autry loses him portal recruiting time. They did this 100% the best possible way to support Adrian. Fair play and good luck to him.

He’s not too expensive to fire like a national hire he either wins or he’s out in 2 years.

Look. Be snarky all you want. We did not hire a search firm, but John has actively been planning for this for at least the last two years. I can guarantee you there were external clients considered and back channel communication explored. This was not a lazy, path of least resistance decision. Did we get to the point that we brought multiple candidates in for repetitive rounds of interviews? No. But there were many sources on input that went into this decision and Ted was far from the only candidate.

A lot of co$ideration went into the deci$ion.

So now comes time for all the thank yous and I sure hope a nice documentary on a storied career. Also once the wound heals and the paperwork and formal goodbyes are over hope he is back out there talking hoops. Should be no shortage of love thrown his way. Change was needed but it's now Reds team.

Look. Be snarky all you want. We did not hire a search firm, but John has actively been planning for this for at least the last two years. I can guarantee you there were external clients considered and back channel communication explored. This was not a lazy, path of least resistance decision. Did we get to the point that we brought multiple candidates in for repetitive rounds of interviews? No. But there were many sources on input that went into this decision and Ted was far from the only candidate.

Doing some back channel kicking of tires does not equal a national search, or full due diligence.

Highlighted section above says it all. And I say that with zero trace of snark.

Everyone knows where I stand.

That said, let's go Red.

Probably decided before the game they just did JB not dirty and let him coach the ACCT as a non lame duck.

Things like this can’t be perfect no issue with how this played out.

Autry has 2 years so we didn’t cost him any portal time good job by the AD.

Agreed, gives Red a nice head start and not drag this out. SU getting this out of the way and looking forward is the way to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom