After 6-0 start…. | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

After 6-0 start….

Jalen Hurts having Philly on top of the league rn has to help Garrett’s pro prospects. He’s a pretty good comp to Shrader.
Ugh don’t tell me that means I’d have to root for the Eagles on some type of level. Because I would. Is this like a Syracuse right of passage?

Sounds like you are saying that Shrader told the staff before CDR-W transferred that this would be his last year. I am doubtful of that.

I’d just be happy GS is healthy for the Clemson game and we are 6-0 going into Clemson. Last year he played injured when he probably shouldn’t I doubt he plays the last couple games when his throwing shoulder was messed up if we had a decent backup. QB2 in our system has played a lot of meaningful minutes every season for us until this year and we are only half way through a heavily backloaded schedule.

It really doesn’t make sense to worry about the backup being buried.

Sellers-CRDW-Lamson competition will be fun though when it happens.

Ugh don’t tell me that means I’d have to root for the Eagles on some type of level. Because I would. Is this like a Syracuse right of passage?
They’ll blow it in the playoffs but Phillys running away with the #1 bye spot.

They’ll blow it in the playoffs but Phillys running away with the #1 bye spot.
I don’t care about that, my father and grandfather were die hard NYG fans so I’m conditioned to hate the Eagles. I don’t really follow the NFL though, just fantasy football and MNF.

Personally, I don’t think Shrader comes back. I question whether CDR-Wilson would have come here to sit for 2 years having sat 1 year already.

Remember when CDR-Wilson transferred to Cuse, GSwas coming off a less than impressive year as a passer. GS is an impressive athlete and a quality threat to run with the ball. But he was not impressing anyone in 2021 with his passing skills.

That’s has changed. GS has proven to be a capable passer. Not a great passer, but a capable passer, solid running threat, an improving game manager and an outstanding leader. I like the improvement and look forward to more.

And, if my memory serves me correctly, we did not see GS in the spring game.

A coach isn’t going to want to go with a different QB for the 3rd straight year.

At this point, although not ideal, I don’t think the HC would care if we had a different QB1 every season if that QB was better than the previous QB and gave the team a better chance of winning games.

If a coach hangs on to an inferior player because he doesn’t want to go with a different player for the 3rd straight year, then that coach has failed to do what is best for the team.

Spring should be interesting. I don’t see GS going anywhere, JL will be back (he’s already throwing in some drills), CDR-W has a strong arm and is very athletic. And, if Sellers enrolls early the competition should be fun.

Enjoy the here and now. It’s special.

I may be delusional, but I choose to believe that GS will stay because he thinks next year’s team has a legitimate shot at the CFB playoff. This belief and his natural leadership will, in turn, keep players from portaling and attract the pieces missing to run the table next year.

Remember when CDR-Wilson transferred to Cuse, GSwas coming off a less than impressive year as a passer. GS is an impressive athlete and a quality threat to run with the ball. But he was not impressing anyone in 2021 with his passing skills.

That’s has changed. GS has proven to be a capable passer. Not a great passer, but a capable passer, solid running threat, an improving game manager and an outstanding leader. I like the improvement and look forward to more.

And, if my memory serves me correctly, we did not see GS in the spring game.

At this point, although not ideal, I don’t think the HC would care if we had a different QB1 every season if that QB was better than the previous QB and gave the team a better chance of winning games.

If a coach hangs on to an inferior player because he doesn’t want to go with a different player for the 3rd straight year, then that coach has failed to do what is best for the team.

Spring should be interesting. I don’t see GS going anywhere, JL will be back (he’s already throwing in some drills), CDR-W has a strong arm and is very athletic. And, if Sellers enrolls early the competition should be fun.

Enjoy the here and now. It’s special.

Who said I wasn’t enjoying the here and now? I was joining in on the discussion about Shrader returning.

If Shrader hadn’t made any improvement CDRW would be the starting by now.

He was a hedge.

As for GS, unless he makes another leap the next six games, he has a no chance of being drafted. Therefore is he going to leave to be a free agent?

What do you think we told CDRW to get him here? You have a shot to start this year? But if you don’t you won’t next next year either.

Does sound like that doesn’t it?
Not sure if you are being sarcastic. It does to me if true. Inside knowledge or speculation?

Not sure if you are being sarcastic. It does to me if true. Inside knowledge or speculation?

Pure speculation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom