After 6-0 start…. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

After 6-0 start….

Stetson Bennett is about to turn 25. Hendon Hooker is 24.

Maybe he'll give it one last year, finally have the same OC for two seasons in a row. If he's really enjoying the season as much as it seems he is, why not.

I truly hope he comes back

Just don’t think it’s a forgone conclusion

Agree on O line. At DT. Lockett, Darton are currently sophomores with two years of eligibility. Then you have Fuentes and Bassette behind them.
Wouldn't Lockett get a RS year? He's a true soph. (2021) who was injured in the fifth (Virginia) game. However, he didn't play in the Wagner game (not in the participation report). So unless I'm missing something, he's only played in 4 games this year and, assuming he takes a M-RS, should have 3 years left to play.

Last edited:
Wouldn't Lockett get a RS year? He's a true soph. (2021) who was injured in the fifth (Virginia) game. However, he didn't play in the Wagner game (not in the participation report). So unless I'm missing something, he's only played in 4 games this year and, if he takes a MRS, should have 3 years left to play.
Good thought. I believe a player has to play in 4 or less games to get a redshirt.

Yup. Silver lining to the injuries is we get Thompson (hopefully) and Lockett back next year. Geer is becoming an Ed "Too Tall" Jones type player. Darton is a smart, hyperactive NT(ish) w/a chip. Caleb has mega-talent. Fuentes, Linton developing. Nolton in S&C pgm. Maybe Hough breaks through. If White keeps them over-performing and the back 8 continue run stuffing, we're a top defense and we've proved that so far this year. One more injury and this could all go out the window.

2 Very Good wideouts coming back: Gadsden and Jones
I see Jones as more in the mold of OGII. Potential to be another very good possession receiver who can matchup against physical coverage. We'll need that.

What we're lacking is a true deep threat that can stretch the field and prevent the safety from creeping up. That's where the portal and NIL can really help.

Yup. Silver lining to the injuries is we get Thompson (hopefully) and Lockett back next year. Geer is becoming an Ed "Too Tall" Jones type player. Darton is a smart, hyperactive NT(ish) w/a chip. Caleb has mega-talent. Fuentes, Linton developing. Nolton in S&C pgm. Maybe Hough breaks through. If White keeps them over-performing and the back 8 continue run stuffing, we're a top defense and we've proved that so far this year. One more injury and this could all go out the window.
Don't forget Denis Jacques or however you spell it. Staff REALLY likes him.

We need another WR who can step up and assert himself, force his way into a contributing role. WR coach needs to take a hard look at the group in the offseason IMO and have a group ready to go with at least 3 solid contributors next season. Enough is enough.
I think those players are already on the roster, For me, Both Adams and Hatcher are both big, speedy receivers with good hands. They just need experience and confidence to round into top receivers.

Where’s he going?
I could see him landing some nice NIL deals around town. He's easy on the eyes. Could definitely see him repping Levis jeans... Bass Pro Shops...

Where’s he going?
I know right..As much as he's a very good college QB he really isn't an NFL QB, he's only 23 and even if he's getting his Bachelor it's always good that if you have ongoing eligibility use the system to get a free Masters.

I know right..As much as he's a very good college QB he really isn't an NFL QB, he's only 23 and even if he's getting his Bachelor it's always good that if you have ongoing eligibility use the system to get a free Masters.
He”s not an NFL Qb. He”s probably an NFL athlete.

He’s been able to very accurately throw into big windows. He throws a nice deep ball as we have seen. He”s got the corner route to the left end zone down pat. All great things. His improvement has been remarkable.

I think his mechanics prevent him from being able to get the ball out quick and drive it consistently into tight windows. He still has a lot to work on to have s chance at the next level.

He”s not an NFL Qb. He”s probably an NFL athlete.

He’s been able to very accurately throw into big windows. He throws a nice deep ball as we have seen. He”s got the corner route to the left end zone down pat. All great things. His improvement has been remarkable.

I think his mechanics prevent him from being able to get the ball out quick and drive it consistently into tight windows. He still has a lot to work on to have s chance at the next level.
Eric Dungey V2.0

Personally, I don’t think Shrader comes back. I question whether CDR-Wilson would have come here to sit for 2 years having sat 1 year already.

Personally, I don’t think Shrader comes back. I question whether CDR-Wilson would have come here to sit for 2 years having sat 1 year already.
Anybody with eyes would have thought he had a chance, and he had to get out of UF either way

Anybody with eyes would have thought he had a chance, and he had to get out of UF either way

I have eyes and I don’t think he ever had a chance unless he was a superstar. A coach isn’t going to want to go with a different QB for the 3rd straight year.

Agreed. Thought the same when they brought Shrader in last year. The plan was to replace Tommy at some point during the season.

I have eyes and I don’t think he ever had a chance unless he was a superstar. A coach isn’t going to want to go with a different QB for the 3rd straight year.

He was brought in to compete against GS for QB1.
(after Lamson got dinged)
he came up a tad short.

Shrader has proven he’s got the goods this year, but I am VERY glad we’ve got a solid backup in case he gets injured or struggles.

Given the OC and QB coach were brand new, I’m sure they didn’t care who won the job, or how long they’d been here.
The best players play.

Sounds like you are saying that Shrader told the staff before CDR-W transferred that this would be his last year. I am doubtful of that.

Think GS needs an extra year to hone his skills for playing on Sunday's. Enjoy the dude now for he is for real and I see a HUGE game from him vs. Clemson.

Jalen Hurts having Philly on top of the league rn has to help Garrett’s pro prospects. He’s a pretty good comp to Shrader.

Sounds like you are saying that Shrader told the staff before CDR-W transferred that this would be his last year. I am doubtful of that.

Does sound like that doesn’t it?

I mean, it would explain the sideline reporter saying that it was his last year.

If Shrader hadn’t made any improvement CDRW would be the starting by now.

He was a hedge.

As for GS, unless he makes another leap the next six games, he has a no chance of being drafted. Therefore is he going to leave to be a free agent?

he could well have said it would be his last yr.. still doesnt mean it will be.. We could go 12-0 and lose, we could go 8-4. He may well think maybe i can do this and be a pro with another yr.. I have to think its gone better than expected.. Maybe he wants to go play in the SEC and prove some people wrong.. Maybe he wants to fly planes for a career.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom