After 6-0 start…. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

After 6-0 start….

And why is that? He's not going to the NFL and he can make more money with NIL then entering the "Real World". If you said 90/10 I'd think maybe you were close because some random, dumb thing could occur but 50/50 is a pretty wild take.

Not everyone wants to do it the way Sam Hartman is.

He will be 23 next season…

Would I love to have him back? Absolutely.

Check out the QB room for next season:
Garret Shrader
Justin Lamson
CDR Wilson
LaNorris Sellers

RB room, without Tucker:
LeQuint Allen
Juwan Price
Ike Daniels
Muwaffaq Parkman

2 Very Good wideouts coming back: Gadsden and Jones

Oline will be a huge question mark.
This is the scary thing next year
O-line will depend on how many guys decide to leave eligibility on the table. We have several that could move on, and several that could play another year if they want.

The only truth is that most folks, outside of the program, don't know anything about who will go or who will stay. Or who or what position the staff is still targeting for 2023.

I do know one thing for sure, that just like this year, there will be no mass exodus. ;)

He's a 4th year Jr Starting QB of a Top 25 team. You see a lot of guys like that just calling it quits to go use that communications degree? I'd honestly be shocked.

I’d be shocked if he wasn’t back.

Well - after he leads us to an undefeated Natty, and then rides off to the NFL as a 1st round draft pick, you'll be less shocked. :cool:

It could happen! ;)

But seriously - I hope he plays well enough, consistently enough, that going to the League after this season is a legit option, not some crazy longshot.
It would do AWESOME things for our future QB recruiting getting GS into the league, after a decade drought.

I'm certainly not wishing him away - dude is a fantastic COLLEGE QB, baller, and tons of fun to cheer for.
I hope he stays.
But for the first time in a minute (as the kids say), we've got some legit talented depth in the QB room behind him:
CDRW, Lamson, Capt Morgan, Villari (if need be) and LaNorris Sellers inbound.

O-line will depend on how many guys decide to leave eligibility on the table. We have several that could move on, and several that could play another year if they want.

Berg - going to the League. He gone. Enjoy him this season, folks!

Vett - RSJr - who knows? He's got another year here, if he wants it.

Bleich RSJr - ?? I think it's his last year, he got screwed on transfer waiver/Covid thng.

Dakota Davis RSSr. - I * think* this is his last year?
He had a RS year as a true Frosh, and this is his 5th year on the field, so that covers the Covid freebie.

Tisdale RSSr. - ??

That would make Ellis the only potential returning starter, if all 4 of the other guys are gone. :(

Bleich RSJr - ?? I think it's his last year, he got screwed on transfer waiver/Covid thng.

He had a RS year as a true Frosh, and this is his 5th year on the field, so that covers the Covid freebie.

Tisdale RSSr. - ??

That would make Ellis the only potential returning starter, if all 4 of the other guys are gone. :(
Must Portal. MUST.

Worried about keeping Lamson. Also, think we need to bring in a instant star rb, if Tucker leaves. Maybe use the Weitsman slot on a stud running back for next year, or a wr as well.
Not sure it works that way.

Tisdale RSSr. - ??

I think at least one of those guys will come back.

Unless it's flipping Betrand or Norman, we shouldn't take anymore hs kids for '23. Any slots that open up for whatever reason, use them on Portal transfers that can contribute immediately next season. With the success that's brewing with our program, I think we can pull in the type of 2-deep guys that we missed out on last season(e.g. Cam Goode, Jared Verse, Akeem Mesidor, Steven Stilianos.)
Well, we will likely loss kids via the Portal as well

Not WR?

Can never have enough WRs, but I like what we have coming back.

I suppose I should’ve said that OL & DT are the most critical needs.

Stetson Bennett is about to turn 25. Hendon Hooker is 24.

Maybe he'll give it one last year, finally have the same OC for two seasons in a row. If he's really enjoying the season as much as it seems he is, why not.

Can never have enough WRs, but I like what we have coming back.

I suppose I should’ve said that OL & DT are the most critical needs.
Agree on O line. At DT. Lockett, Darton are currently sophomores with two years of eligibility. Then you have Fuentes and Bassette behind them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom