After the Orange | Syracusefan.com

After the Orange

CoopSwoop

2nd String
Basketball after the Orange -Part 1
after1.jpg

My group in Vegas over Thanksgiving to see SU, went to the URI game and got together with Teisha Hyman for a bit after the game. She is very happy there.
Too bad that URI has not played up to expectations as they will not make NCAAs unless they win the conference championship.

Priscilla Williams seemed to have so much promise before she got hurt. Was it a concussion? She’s been at 3 different colleges and her best year by far was her first at SU. Sad , she was a prize recruit too.

My opinion only- but I think Cardosa would have been a national superstar earlier if she had stayed here. Her numbers as a senior aren’t that far off from here her freshman year. I loved how she ran the court while here, I don‘t notice her speed as much at SC but she’s a unique talent. She was a big loss.

Priscilla Williams seemed to have so much promise before she got hurt. Was it a concussion? She’s been at 3 different colleges and her best year by far was her first at SU. Sad , she was a prize recruit too.

My opinion only- but I think Cardosa would have been a national superstar earlier if she had stayed here. Her numbers as a senior aren’t that far off from here her freshman year. I loved how she ran the court while here, I don‘t notice her speed as much at SC but she’s a unique talent. She was a big loss.
And the 2 recruits who didn't come now at Miami Day-Wilson, and Lattimore were going to join that team.

And the 2 recruits who didn't come now at Miami Day-Wilson, and Lattimore were going to join that team.
both now at Miami but Lattimore was at Texas before transferring to Miami while Day-Wilson went to Duke first before joining Lattimore at Miami. Too bad but we’re doing well without them.

Screenshot_4.jpg

Najé Murray joined the Aztec staff prior to the 2023-24 season. A former Aztec (2017-19), Murray set the SDSU school record for three-pointers in a season (81) before moving on to play at Texas Tech (2020-21) and Syracuse (2021-22).

In her career, Murray scored 1,213 points and made 223 three-pointers across 115 games.

In her first year at SDSU, Murray was named to the Mountain West All-Freshman team after leading all freshmen in the conference in threes per game. As a sophomore, she averaged 13.7 points per game and led the conference with 81 made threes.
At Texas Tech (2020-21), she averaged 7.4 points per game while shooting a career-best 37 percent from three.
As a graduate student at Syracuse (2021-22), she was a team captain and started all 28 games and averaged 11.1 points per game.

Murray then played overseas for a year with Amicale Steesel in Luxembourg.
Murray was a standout at Saint Mary’s High School in Stockton, Calif. where she scored over 1,000 points.
Murray earned a bachelor’s degree in organizational leadership from Texas Teach and then a master’s in sports management from Syracuse.

Not surprised she's gone into coaching, she was a leader on the floor

Maud Huijbens was awarded Sixth Woman of the Year in the WCC. Gonzaga well balanced team, fun to watch.

Oregon women’s basketball guard Priscilla Williams enters transfer portal.​

She has played coast to coast. Her best year was here as a freshman, Syracuse, then S. Florida, then Oregon - all one year stints. Was her injury that impactful over her career? Sad if it was. She was a big time recruit, McDonald’s All American and Jordan Classic player.

She has played coast to coast. Her best year was here as a freshman, Syracuse, then S. Florida, then Oregon - all one year stints. Was her injury that impactful over her career? Sad if it was. She was a big time recruit, McDonald’s All American and Jordan Classic player.
I wish she had stayed with SU, might have been great for us and better for her in the long run.

In today's free agent NIL world I gthink you will find several players doing exactly what she is doing

In today's free agent NIL world I gthink you will find several players doing exactly what she is doing

It’s crazy, but there’s probably more $ in it for her and similar players to do this, rather than (attempt to) play in the WNBA.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom