Alan Griffin
Cole Swider
Quincy
Benny
Sidibe
Edwards
Boeheim jr
Chaz Owens
Other than the fact that there's no proven real point guard...the coach who would find playing time for all those players is who again?

So does the fact that we have heard nothing bode well for his staying? I hope so.
I too hope he comes back, and hope he's learned his role in Boeheim's zone defense, and hope he'll have better shot selections. But I have no inside information.

But here's a scary thought: his father Adrian and sister Audrey both played for Seton Hall :(

To be honest I thought for sure he was gone but the fact that he hasn’t announced anything yet makes me think he might stay. If he was going to transfer you would think he would have done it awhile ago as spots are starting to fill up making places he could go limited. He’s obviously not an NBA player yet but could always sign G-league or go overseas.

Anyone with a brain should gladly welcome him back, the season obviously didn’t end how he wanted it too but if AG tightens up his handle and works on his defense he’ll be a FORCE. Those are the 2 things sorely lacking in his game...obviously shot selection needs to be better as well. But AG is not that far off from being a good consistent player if he works in those things. If he improves his handle similar to Hughes’ then I can see him splitting time at the 2 and 3. He’s obviously a scoring threat when he’s not yanked 2 minutes into the game. A team of

JG3
Buddy
Symir
Alan Griffin
Cole Swider
Quincy
Benny
Sidibe
Edwards
Boeheim jr
Chaz Owens

Is starting to grow on me a bit. I was a bit hesitant about this team because of athleticism which we will be lacking but that’s a high IQ team. Obviously we’ll be a hell of a shooting team, pretty confident rebounding won’t be a problem with this team. What worries me in penetration on offense, defense on the top of the zone, back line I think takes a huge step forward next year. I think players will know their roles better and team chemistry should be really good as ALOT of these guys have known each other for YEARS and have played with each other for awhile even before CUSE. To me this team has the potential to be an under the radar Boeheim team that people don’t expect much from but over performs.
I don’t know how much they are under the radar when some early pollsters have us as high as 14th in the country.

I too hope he comes back, and hope he's learned his role in Boeheim's zone defense, and hope he'll have better shot selections. But I have no inside information.

But here's a scary thought: his father Adrian and sister Audrey both played for Seton Hall :(
Don't think they have room plus he's not going to want to sit out a year

He had a couple of amazing blocks on hustle plays. His inconsistency was very enigmatic. He seemed to have too much talent to be that inconsistent.

all in all, I would love to see him back on a no promises basis, where he gets the minutes that he earns.

To be honest I thought for sure he was gone but the fact that he hasn’t announced anything yet makes me think he might stay. If he was going to transfer you would think he would have done it awhile ago as spots are starting to fill up making places he could go limited. He’s obviously not an NBA player yet but could always sign G-league or go overseas.

Anyone with a brain should gladly welcome him back, the season obviously didn’t end how he wanted it too but if AG tightens up his handle and works on his defense he’ll be a FORCE. Those are the 2 things sorely lacking in his game...obviously shot selection needs to be better as well. But AG is not that far off from being a good consistent player if he works in those things. If he improves his handle similar to Hughes’ then I can see him splitting time at the 2 and 3. He’s obviously a scoring threat when he’s not yanked 2 minutes into the game. A team of

JG3
Buddy
Symir
Alan Griffin
Cole Swider
Quincy
Benny
Sidibe
Edwards
Boeheim jr
Chaz Owens

Is starting to grow on me a bit. I was a bit hesitant about this team because of athleticism which we will be lacking but that’s a high IQ team. Obviously we’ll be a hell of a shooting team, pretty confident rebounding won’t be a problem with this team. What worries me in penetration on offense, defense on the top of the zone, back line I think takes a huge step forward next year. I think players will know their roles better and team chemistry should be really good as ALOT of these guys have known each other for YEARS and have played with each other for awhile even before CUSE. To me this team has the potential to be an under the radar Boeheim team that people don’t expect much from but over performs.
Maybe it's as simple as this:

A) AG wants to play in the NBA, or at least professionally
B) His performances this season revealed to him that he has weaknesses in his game that he must correct if he wants to succeed at the next level
C) If he has a future, it will be as a guard
D) To succeed as a guard he knows he must tighten up his handle and work on his defense and improve his ability to drive into the lane with shot blockers waiting
E) [There may be a good possibility that] he believes he can make those improvements, maybe by as soon as October
F) If he does succeed in correcting those flaws in his game, he'll be performing at a level that will force Boeheim to play him at guard this year, some how, some way
G) One possibility is that he realizes that his is his best shot at chasing an NBA future, here at Syracuse, and most of it will depend on what he is able to do--himself--to fix those shortcomings in his game and there's no reason for him to think that he'll be better able to do that by starting over at another program

So there's plenty of logic he could embrace to convince him to stay and play at Syracuse.
Will he succeed in making himself an invaluable player next season?
Does he really have any choice but to embrace a confidence in his ability to achieve his goals?

Maybe it's as simple as this:

A) AG wants to play in the NBA, or at least professionally
B) His performances this season revealed to him that he has weaknesses in his game that he must correct if he wants to succeed at the next level
C) If he has a future, it will be as a guard
D) To succeed as a guard he knows he must tighten up his handle and work on his defense and improve his ability to drive into the lane with shot blockers waiting
E) [There may be a good possibility that] he believes he can make those improvements, maybe by as soon as October
F) If he does succeed in correcting those flaws in his game, he'll be performing at a level that will force Boeheim to play him at guard this year, some how, some way
G) One possibility is that he realizes that his is his best shot at chasing an NBA future, here at Syracuse, and most of it will depend on what he is able to do--himself--to fix those shortcomings in his game and there's no reason for him to think that he'll be better able to do that by starting over at another program

So there's plenty of logic he could embrace to convince him to stay and play at Syracuse.
Will he succeed in making himself an invaluable player next season?
Does he really have any choice but to embrace a confidence in his ability to achieve his goals?
Good points, but not his reality at the Cuse. He is not a pg and he will not be getting buddy’s minutes. Here, he is a SF, plus he rebounds well for his size.

Good points, but not his reality at the Cuse. He is not a pg and he will not be getting buddy’s minutes. Here, he is a SF, plus he rebounds well for his size.
It seems that what you were saying is even if Alan is able to make the kind of improvements that would "force Boeheim to play him", Boeheim wouldn't sacrifice any of Buddy's minutes, even though Alan would--according to the assumption--by his play be no significant drop off in performance at the SG position.

I think that's nonsense, especially if Buddy is performing next year at the same level he was playing at in the NCAAT. If Buddy's playing that well, there'd be no concern in JB's mind about playing him fewer minutes and putting Alan in if Alan's playing that well.

For Alan, now, it's all about improving your game for the next level, and if you're able to do that, then you're future's secure (somewhere), no matter how prominent you are in the rotation.

It seems that what you were saying is even if Alan is able to make the kind of improvements that would "force Boeheim to play him", Boeheim wouldn't sacrifice any of Buddy's minutes, even though Alan would--according to the assumption--by his play be no significant drop off in performance at the SG position.

I think that's nonsense, especially if Buddy is performing next year at the same level he was playing at in the NCAAT. If Buddy's playing that well, there'd be no concern in JB's mind about playing him fewer minutes and putting Alan in if Alan's playing that well.

For Alan, now, it's all about improving your game for the next level, and if you're able to do that, then you're future's secure (somewhere), no matter how prominent you are in the rotation.
Buddy is locked into 30+ minutes at the SG spot next year, as he should be.

Don't think they have room plus he's not going to want to sit out a year
Not sure he would have to sit out a year. No one knows...is he in the same boat as Tape 2.0 or no?

Not sure he would have to sit out a year. No one knows...is he in the same boat as Tape 2.0 or no?
He's already transferred once and got a waiver. Not sure the ncaa would be too kind a year later. What's his reason this time? He already used the he wants to be closer to home

What about Duke to play with his brother? Do they have a scholly for him?

Don’t think it can be overstated what a disadvantage the first year players were at with next to no preseason practice and a minimal number of pre conference games. You can’t learn zone rotations through individual practices with your position coach. Allen struggled early with assignments and actually seemed to get worse the more he thought about it

It must be difficult for kids who probably view themselves as pure scorers (AG, JG) to back off on some shots when they see another guy (BB) with a green light every time.

It must be difficult for kids who probably view themselves as pure scorers (AG, JG) to back off on some shots when they see another guy (BB) with a green light every time.
I feel like it is apples to oranges for shot selection. Once AG got the ball one of two things was happening. A drive and most likely a turnover or a step back 3. Similar for JG ...he doesn’t mind taking a half court heat check.
Buddy usually takes quality shots. The season turned when he started hitting a better %.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom