Air Force to the BE it sounds like | Syracusefan.com

Air Force to the BE it sounds like

Nice article. I like Mueh's approach and philosophy. He admits to needing more money but is not willing to sell out his team and his W's for it.

BE getting the service academies in football only is definitely an interesting approach and IMO as long as it's for football only is really a no brainer at this point. Football only will allow them to get "strength in numbers" to retain BCS. They will absolutely have to get to 12 or more teams and football only's makes most sense to offset the league already bloated by basketball only's. If I was the BE, I'd tell anyone who wants to join in football only to promptly submit their resume for immediate consideration.

Besides, if the NCAA decides to pull their BCS, who's gonna tell 'em?

Who's going to tell the Army, Navy, Air Force & Mafia they are going to take their prize away?

Not me ... not my job. Anyone? Anyone?

How much money can Air Force be look at making in the BE? Flying cross-country to Piscataway, NJ, Storrs, CT, Cincinnati, OH, Tampa,FL, Morgantown, WV Louisville, for 60+ players has to be very expensive. The contract that the Big East is looking at has to be enough to justify this move. I find it funny how selfish these small Catholic schools are Seton Hall and Providence. They have DONE NOTHING recently for the Big East and there needs are being taken care of to the detriment of UConn, Rutgers, West Virginia. They have the gall to take shots at us when we fill up the arenas and give them the cache to be able to recruit. If I am UConn or Rutgers and I see Air Force brought in I am thinking great its a road game I will never be able to get too and its just shows where the power is in the conference.

How much money can Air Force be look at making in the BE? Flying cross-country to Piscataway, NJ, Storrs, CT, Cincinnati, OH, Tampa,FL, Morgantown, WV Louisville, for 60+ players has to be very expensive.

I believe they are eligible for frequent flyer miles.

How much money can Air Force be look at making in the BE? Flying cross-country to Piscataway, NJ, Storrs, CT, Cincinnati, OH, Tampa,FL, Morgantown, WV Louisville, for 60+ players has to be very expensive.

it's the Airforce, flying should not be an issue :)

This quote from the article ought to make Rutgers, UCONN, and WV feel great...

""We were approached by the Big 12, and I told them we're not a good fit for that conference. In the Big 12, geography makes sense, the economics make sense, but recruiting makes no sense for us. I can't recruit against Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State," Mueh said." "That's why I turned down the Big 12. I can't do that to my kids, because they'll get beat up."

I guess Mueh feels he can recruit against the left over Big East schools and have an easier road lol

If we were left behind the only palatable additions would be the service academies. This is the best providence could do.

Boise State (football only) actually makes more sense than TCU (all sports) did. I don't think Big East was going to have much luck recruiting Texas kids anyway.

So essetially, the Air Force AD wants to join the Big East because the players there are smaller and slower and won't kill his Cadets. Now there's a ringing endorsement.

Travel issue?

Remember, it's football only. It's 7-9 games a year, 1/2 of those trips will be made by Air Force. No big deal.

I assume that there will be OUTRAGE over the Big East raiding premiere teams from the Mountain West and WAC, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom