Akeem Jones out per TOS | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Akeem Jones out per TOS

In a world of Manti Te'o girlfriends, yes, he should absolutely check with those same "sources" - very likely someone at Manley - on a player that was a questionable schools from the moment his name surfaced.

And this was after Coach McDonald Tweeted that ALL quarterbacks were in.

A blogger at large is one thing...a Syracuse.com/Post-Standard writer is another. Cohen didn't do everything he was supposed to.

He will be a star. Wasn't one on this story.

To be fair, it was being speculated (and rightly so) that Jones may be coming in as an ATH recruit (not a QB). Articles that were written prior about him also stated that his position at the next level would likely not be QB...

I really for bad for the kid . Seemed like a greSt program kid with a bunch of potential .

In a world of Manti Te'o girlfriends, yes, he should absolutely check with those same "sources" - very likely someone at Manley - on a player that was a questionable schools from the moment his name surfaced.

And this was after Coach McDonald Tweeted that ALL quarterbacks were in.

A blogger at large is one thing...a Syracuse.com/Post-Standard writer is another. Cohen didn't do everything he was supposed to.

He will be a star. Wasn't one on this story.

Cohen pointed that out, FYI

Not sure if this was mentioned but you have to be 21 to sign the LOI by yourself. Otherwise you need 1 of your parents/guardians to sign it.

So...you have to be 21 to sign an LOI to attend college for a sports scholly...but at 18 you can sign a contract with U.S. to join the military and potentially die for your country?

Ummmm...yeah...that makes as much sense as not allowing 18-20 year old military members to drink...

Not sure if this was mentioned but you have to be 21 to sign the LOI by yourself. Otherwise you need 1 of your parents/guardians to sign it.

You can die for your country at 18, but damn if we'll let you sign a piece of paper letting you play football for a college.

Cohen did not do his homework. Period.

A green journalist new to the position and a new staff don't help...but this is on him.

He will learn. He's good. But he whiffed on this.

Between this and Donnie's "there are consequences" article not a good start to the new approach.

But it's what the new "paper" wants to take.

So...you have to be 21 to sign an LOI to attend college for a sports scholly...but at 18 you can sign a contract with U.S. to join the military and potentially die for your country?

Ummmm...yeah...that makes as much sense as not allowing 18-20 year old military members to drink...

Heard the other day that Texas has a bill in it's legislature to reduce military drinking age from 21 to 18.

You can be 18 and sign your LOI without a parent, it was noted by ESPN yesterday in the article about the mom who stole her sons LOI.

You can be 18 and sign your LOI without a parent, it was noted by ESPN yesterday in the article about the mom who stole her sons LOI.

I wonder if that is accurate because the kid who's mom stole his LOI, he had to have his father come and sign the LOI instead and mom has hired a lawyer to fight it because mom and dad are separated.

You can die for your country at 18, but damn if we'll let you sign a piece of paper letting you play football for a college.

You can die at 18 because you are 18. If the military let your brain mature and not let you make such a decision on your own until you are 21 they would get a lot less people willing to give up their lives.

Why would one want to add a depresant to a very difficult and stressful life to a still maturing developing brain?

They were wrong, it is 21.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

You don't have to sign anything. This isn't a law, there's no reason to bring your complaint with the military system into this.

One of the major differences with a 4-year SU athletic scholarship is - at a value of over $200K for those 4 years - it's about 6x more valuable than an enlisted person will make in the military over that same period of time.

That D1 - BCS private school scholly from SU is pretty valuable to the "student"-athlete when you match it up to joining the military.

You can die at 18 because you are 18. If the military let your brain mature and not let you make such a decision on your own until you are 21 they would get a lot less people willing to give up their lives.

because we magically become mature at 21?

One of the major differences with a 4-year SU athletic scholarship is - at a value of over $200K for those 4 years - it's about 6x more valuable than an enlisted person will make in the military over that same period of time.

That D1 - BCS private school scholly from SU is pretty valuable to the "student"-athlete when you match it up to joining the military.

Ummm...I was not equating what one makes in the military rather than the fact that can/could die for their country, which to me is worth a heck of lot more than $200K...

You don't have to sign anything. This isn't a law, there's no reason to bring your complaint with the military system into this.

That is true, you don't...I was just saying that it is interesting that at 18 you can commit to join the military and die for your country, but there are other things can not do until you are older...

Heard the other day that Texas has a bill in it's legislature to reduce military drinking age from 21 to 18.

I think if you are in the military, you should be able to drink...however that drinking should be restricted to the base/post...

Ummm...k...Before I retired I knew quite a few people who joined/enlisted that were over the age of 21...sorry but your arguement has no merit...

Also, you can die at 12 because you are 12 or you can die at 49 because you are 49...that made absolutely no sense...

EDIT: Also...are you saying people are forced into the military? You really need to read your stuff before you hit the Post button...

Why would one want to add a depresant to a very difficult and stressful life to a still maturing developing brain?

Well then...people who are in their 30's, 40's, 50's etc. shouldn't drink as techinically their brains are deterioriating...And I can guarrantee most of those people at those ages have a much more stressful and difficult life than most 18 year olds!!

Look I'm for drinking - but to say there is no difference in maturity between 18 and 21 is dumb. My wife works with students and teaches freshman courses on this stuff. 18 to 21 is huge - esp for guys. (Women get their crap together earlier in life, on average).

Ummm...k...Before I retired I knew quite a few people who joined/enlisted that were over the age of 21...sorry but your arguement has no merit...

Also, you can die at 12 because you are 12 or you can die at 49 because you are 49...that made absolutely no sense...

EDIT: Also...are you saying people are forced into the military? You really need to read your stuff before you hit the Post button...

This thread has morphed from being about Akeem Jones to joining the military and drinking age. Can we stay on topic?

Perhaps AFO can open a new thread in a different forum if he wants to debate this.

This thread has morphed from being about Akeem Jones to joining the military and drinking age. Can we stay on topic?

Perhaps AFO can open a new thread in a different forum if he wants to debate this.

You are right...I apologize...I hate it when people do that in other threads...I did not mean for it to turn into that, was just making a statement in relation to what a person under 21 can and can not do...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom