Akeem Jones out per TOS | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Akeem Jones out per TOS

Jones committing had always surprised me, given 2 QB's were here.

When the commit was out, I figured it was because the team had some big name 2014 kids and this would be a favor to the coach, but found they don't have anyone really touted for 14.

For everyone that wants him, don't you think the staff can do more at that position (whichever position you think he will end up at) with a full recruiting year. I anticipate getting a pretty solid QB next class and the defense should be able to recruit for itself next year after it gets recognition for hitting the crap out of guys like Boyd.

I think if you are in the military, you should be able to drink...however that drinking should be restricted to the base/post...
Agreed...at some remote locations...you really better off to keep them on base/post.

Well then...people who are in their 30's, 40's, 50's etc. shouldn't drink as techinically their brains are deterioriating...And I can guarrantee most of those people at those ages have a much more stressful and difficult life than most 18 year olds!!

AirForceOrange, I think he wasn't being serious in his reply to you.

You can be 18 and sign your LOI without a parent, it was noted by ESPN yesterday in the article about the mom who stole her sons LOI.
Actually he had to have his dad sign it. They did the signing ceremony at a bar.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...s-signs-arkansas-razorbacks-commitment-letter

The end of the article says this.
The signature of a parent or legal guardian is required for a student-athlete under the age of 21 for a binding agreement with an NCAA member institution to be valid.

I don't think this has been asked or answered yet in this thread... What happens to Jones now? His only opportunity here is as a walk-on. Where is he going now?

I don't think this has been asked or answered yet in this thread... What happens to Jones now? His only opportunity here is as a walk-on. Where is he going now?
Actually he can sign a LOI up until April 15th IIRC. I bet a lower Div 1 team swoops in. I hope Cuse can offer him a greyshirt or get him into the prep school at Milford.

Well then...people who are in their 30's, 40's, 50's etc. shouldn't drink as techinically their brains are deterioriating...And I can guarrantee most of those people at those ages have a much more stressful and difficult life than most 18 year olds!!

It is a fact that the male brain develops slower than a females and does not mature until the age of 25. The ability to make sound mature decisions and the full development of the frontal lobe takes time. People shouldn't even drive until much later than 16.

Here is a nice little article/ interview about it.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=141164708

"Many of the costs of adolescents are actually - what we think of as the costs of adolescence, the risks of crime and car accidents and all the crazy things that adolescents do are actually more issues with young adults, people in the 18 to 25 age range, largely because they have more opportunities to get into these kinds of trouble because they have less parental supervision than the younger adolescents do"
Your comment holds little merit and a lack of understanding of brain development and maturity of adolescents.

Ummm...k...Before I retired I knew quite a few people who joined/enlisted that were over the age of 21...sorry but your arguement has no merit...

Also, you can die at 12 because you are 12 or you can die at 49 because you are 49...that made absolutely no sense...

EDIT: Also...are you saying people are forced into the military? You really need to read your stuff before you hit the Post button...
You should probably take a few reading lesson before you reply to someone's post.

The average age of an enlisted soldier is between 17-21 years of age. Why is this? Because these males brains are still developing and these young men feel invincible. They are easily trained and sent out to fight. They are more willing to put their life on the line because of this and because of the lack of maturity in their brain and lives.

because we magically become mature at 21?
Not magically biologically. It is actually over the age of 21 but the difference between 18-21 is quite large. Most say up to 25.

You should probably take a few reading lesson before you reply to someone's post.

The average age of an enlisted soldier is between 17-21 years of age. Why is this? Because these males brains are still developing and these young men feel invincible. They are easily trained and sent out to fight. They are more willing to put their life on the line because of this and because of the lack of maturity in their brain and lives.

I imagine the same applies to colleges and universities. The young high school grad is easily trained in the ways of the influential professors, and his mind is so full of grandiose and unproven ideas of how to bring the world together that nationalism is a foreign and ignorant concept to him.

I'll tell my son his Bronze Star wasn't earned and his two combat tours didn't mean anything because his brain wasn't fully developed when he willingly put his life on the line when he entered West Point shortly after 9/11...we should've let the fuzzy science college professors sign up and fight since they are older and know all the answers and risks.

I'll tell my son his Bronze Star wasn't earned and his two combat tours didn't mean anything because his brain wasn't fully developed when he willingly put his life on the line when he entered West Point shortly after 9/11...we should've let the fuzzy science college professors sign up and fight since they are older and know all the answers and risks.
That's not even remotely what he said. No one is taking shots at those who serve. He is saying a generalization that people sign up for the military at a younger age due to maturity issues.

Personally I think it's only part of the reason. Those that have the stones to sign up generally do it younger. Also, as people get older, they start to have families, and they see enlisting as a risk they are no longer willing to take with a family at home.

That's my take anyways. For some maturity is definitely an issue though, I don't think anyone can deny there are 18 year olds that are very immature.

So anyways enough military/immaturity talk. This is supposed to be a thread about Akeem Jones, and his inability to attend SU on scholarship any more.

That's not even remotely what he said. No one is taking shots at those who serve. He is saying a generalization that people sign up for the military at a younger age due to maturity issues.

Personally I think it's only part of the reason. Those that have the stones to sign up generally do it younger. Also, as people get older, they start to have families, and they see enlisting as a risk they are no longer willing to take with a family at home.

That's my take anyways. For some maturity is definitely an issue though, I don't think anyone can deny there are 18 year olds that are very immature.

So anyways enough military/immaturity talk. This is supposed to be a thread about Akeem Jones, and his inability to attend SU on scholarship any more.

I can't disagree with any of that...I just got hacked off by the generalization he was running with. It just came off to me as military bashing.

Anyways back to Akeem...hopefully the kid lands in a good spot.

I can't disagree with any of that...I just got hacked off by the generalization he was running with. It just came off to me as military bashing.

Anyways back to Akeem...hopefully the kid lands in a good spot.

notice he chose not to answer whether he has ever served?...i find it interesting when some who just reads about something pretends to know more than someone who actually experienced something...anyways, back on topic...i hope the kid lands somewhere good and he.likes...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

I wonder if that is accurate because the kid who's mom stole his LOI, he had to have his father come and sign the LOI instead and mom has hired a lawyer to fight it because mom and dad are separated.

pretty sure jeremy heard the story wrong.

because i heard everyone talking about this story staying that because he is under 21, he needed his moms sig which is when she stole it.

In order to get this thread back on track I do feel bad for this kid and he loves Upstate NY so much couldn't we find a way to stash him at Milford for a year and see how he develops and get him the hell away from where he lives and hates it?

In order to get this thread back on track I do feel bad for this kid and he loves Upstate NY so much couldn't we find a way to stash him at Milford for a year and see how he develops and get him the hell away from where he lives and hates it?

I wouldn't be surprised if he still ends up in Syracuse. A lot of things can happen with non qualifiers (if the staff really likes his athleticism and he wasn't the backup plan at QB)

This is disappointing, feel bad for the kid. Really wanted to come here and be apart of the team but I guess the staff saw that he probably wouldn't ever touch the field at QB and weren't sold on him playing another position. Best of luck to Akeem wherever he lands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom