Akeem Jones QB Miami Carol City H.S. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Akeem Jones QB Miami Carol City H.S.

I say tell him he has a chance to compete at quarterback, and if he doesn't win the job, he'll have the opportunity to switch positions. It's honest, and who knows, maybe he surprises and wins the job (after a redshirt year). I think we should bring in as many athletic quarterbacks as we can, and let the cream rise to the top. The guys that don't win the job get the same advice KJ did when he lost out to McNabb, "Your best chance to make it to the pros is at another position."

I say tell him he has a chance to compete at quarterback, and if he doesn't win the job, he'll have the opportunity to switch positions. It's honest, and who knows, maybe he surprises and wins the job (after a redshirt year). I think we should bring in as many athletic quartebacks as we can, and let the cream rise to the top. The guys that don't win the job get the same advice KJ did when he lost out to McNabb, "Your best chance to make it to the pros is at another position."

I agree the name TX colleges do it all the time they load up on HS qb's bcause they are usually the best athletes on their HS team and then decide where to place them later.

I say tell him he has a chance to compete at quarterback, and if he doesn't win the job, he'll have the opportunity to switch positions. It's honest, and who knows, maybe he surprises and wins the job (after a redshirt year). I think we should bring in as many athletic quartebacks as we can, and let the cream rise to the top. The guys that don't win the job get the same advice KJ did when he lost out to McNabb, "Your best chance to make it to the pros is at another position."
QBs usually are the best athletes on the team. Being a QB, he's used to handling a ball, so he could be a candidate to switch to WR/CB. Running QBs usually have pretty fluid hips as well.. My guess is we're recruiting him as an ATH. Better to keep stockpiling those at this point, with a new OC here, so he can put the best guys for his system on the field and figure out where best to utilize those that don't fit his approach.

We're definitely getting faster with the additions of late, so I anticipate a number of income freshman to either be redshirted or tried at various other positions.

QBs usually are the best athletes on the team. Being a QB, he's used to handling a ball, so he could be a candidate to switch to WR/CB. Running QBs usually have pretty fluid hips as well.. My guess is we're recruiting him as an ATH. Better to keep stockpiling those at this point, with a new OC here, so he can put the best guys for his system on the field and figure out where best to utilize those that don't fit his approach.

We're definitely getting faster with the additions of late, so I anticipate a number of income freshman to either be redshirted or tried at various other positions.
Yep. Take a look at him a QB first and switch him where he can help most if it's not there. Worked out well for KJ and Dee Brown.

Yep. Take a look at him a QB first and switch him where he can help most if it's not there. Worked out well for KJ and Dee Brown.
Dee Brown might be a very good comparison.

arte.jpg

Great so now everyone will think we lost a kid to Marshall.

If he visited here it might be different story

Great so now everyone will think we lost a kid to Marshall.

If he visited here it might be different story
Visited on 1/25.. That's also when we offered I believe.

Personally I think he is a back-up plan to either Spearman or Brown. If one of them doesn't come then Jones may get the 'ship

I thought Thomas did visit...Nobody really knew. Someone on twitter indicated he was at SU.

He will decide tomorrow and could be our 20th player taken. I think he is deciding between QB at Marshall or ATH at Syracuse.

He is waiting for his father to abdicate the throne so he can become King of Zamunda.
Sweet.. I'll see you a Prince (TG) and raise you a King.

If he did not sign today and is waiting until tomorrow it's so we can overnight his LOI. I'd fully expect him to now take one of the open Syracuse scholarships.

McD tweeted all QBs on board so would have to agree with the ATH offer.