Akok Akok in the portal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Akok Akok in the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big-time. I feel for Clingan. He either will have no help or have two guards trying to prove themselves in a better league dominating every possession. He isn't going to get a fair shake.

He wont play much at all next year either and hes a horrible fit for their defense scheme. Can never pair him with Sanogo either

I think they have 5 guys leave.
Martin went to the draft
Akok, Floyd, Diggins and Gaffney to the portal. Have I missed anyone?

Outside Sanogo almost all that "future talent" has seemingly abandoned ship.

They lose Whaley and Polley as well due to eligibility exhausted. So it's Sanogo, Jackson, Hawkins and Samson Johnson that is really left. Johnson was supposed to be a much bigger deal as a frosh similar to Benny.

Last edited:
Outside Sanogo almost all that "future talent" has seemingly abandoned ship.

They lose Whaley and Polley as well due to eligibility exhausted. So it's Sanogo, Jackson, Hawkins and Samson Johnson that is really left. Johnson was supposed to be a much bigger deal as a frosh similar to Benny.
Yikes. They are going to struggle to score 50.

Yikes. They are going to struggle to score 50.
They struggled to score 50 this past year, didn't they? I thought the thing they had going for them this year was a strong lead guard and tons of athletes. Now, the lead guard is gone and the players left have athleticism, but not the depth they had last year.

Ventured over to Boneyard to see their takes and a couple posters said probably Syracuse bound and that he’d be perfect in the zone (which we know). Obviously they have no inside info but, damn I think he would still fit in here.

He's never fully recovered from the Achilles tear and his offensive game at this point is non-existent. I'd be shocked if he ended up at SU.

They struggled to score 50 this past year, didn't they? I thought the thing they had going for them this year was a strong lead guard and tons of athletes. Now, the lead guard is gone and the players left have athleticism, but not the depth they had last year.

Jackson right now is their best returning 3pt shooter. The two guards they are after are lower mid 30s from 3. They might be very close to the bottom in perimeter shooting.

I sure hope so, it would be great to have him on the roster as the stretch 4/backup 5.
Dare I say he would’ve been “ready” had he come here? Prototype SU 4 who can block everything in the back of the zone, as well as hit a three when needed.
Injuries notwithstanding, he was a much better fit here than w/ the mutts.

Many moons ago yes.. or did something recent show we were interested again ( we have been chatting on main board on this)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom