Akok Akok in the portal | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Akok Akok in the portal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Good get for them given he isn't a bad player. That said he isn't a great 3pt shooter ( 33 pct) and it's not like ECU played much of anyone last year. So big step up night in night out in competition. Not a guy i am raving about being all BE and taking me to the tourney. Arguably just a horizontal replacement at PG for them at best.

Dude hit 46% from 3 last season, potentially solves backup 5 and adds another perimeter threat.

He fits the previous relationship standard.

I mean... sorry, Ballard. If there's only one scholarship and he's interested I'd happily welcome in Akok.

Dude hit 46% from 3 last season, potentially solves backup 5 and adds another perimeter threat.

He fits the previous relationship standard.

I mean... sorry, Ballard. If there's only one scholarship and he's interested I'd happily welcome in Akok.
Definitely, Ballard can go to Wichita State and we can grab Akok. Win win.

I'm not surprised AA is making this move, he didnt find his niche there combined with his injury

Curious where he lands

Double AA was one that I'd hope we'd land the first go round. He'd still fit in well for our current scheme and could play the 4/5. I wonder how recovered he actually is from the injury though.

Does anyone know how he is doing with the injury? Did he come back yet to playing? I didn’t pay attention to him nor UConn.

Does anyone know how he is doing with the injury? Did he come back yet to playing? I didn’t pay attention to him nor UConn.
He played this year, very foul prone, good shot blocker, never fir UCONN system, I think he would have been a typical SU forward but question if he could do much of anything as a rebounder. still has a decent stroke and a good weak side shot blocker. Injury was devastating, I was at the game and it looked as bad as it was.

so really - is lesser/post-injury AA a better option than big Quincy?

He’s fully back to health. His only issue on the court this year was that he was lost defensively. He’d come in, hit a 3 and then lose the guy he was supposed to be guarding in back to back possessions and get pulled.

He’s fully back to health. His only issue on the court this year was that he was lost defensively. He’d come in, hit a 3 and then lose the guy he was supposed to be guarding in back to back possessions and get pulled.
did you guys expect this departure?

He just chose the wrong college for his skill set. Not sure if there is a scholarship for him at Syracuse but if so, hope he ends up here.

There is playing time to be had and he is well suited to the way Syracuse plays.

Why not both Akok and Ballard. Can Weitzman pay Billy Owens for some appearances? Say an amount equal to a SU scholarship; then put a certain roster player on walk-on status?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom