Al Golden of Univ of Miami speaks to the ACC-ESPN TV Contract | Syracusefan.com

Al Golden of Univ of Miami speaks to the ACC-ESPN TV Contract

I think all of this crap about teams leaving the ACC is exactly that, crap. Maybe Clemson, but they've always been the odd step sister that nobody wants. The Big XII is the one that is still on the ropes. The B1G, SEC, and Pac 12 can go in there at any time and take whatever schools they want out of that conference.

I think all of this crap about teams leaving the ACC is exactly that, crap. Maybe Clemson, but they've always been the odd step sister that nobody wants. The Big XII is the one that is still on the ropes. The B1G, SEC, and Pac 12 can go in there at any time and take whatever schools they want out of that conference.

Come on people, we need to spread my Oklahoma to the Big Ten rumor until it snowballs into something that can catch fire. I want to hear the OU BoT president questioned about it.

I really liked this guy for our program glad he is in our league

Come on people, we need to spread my Oklahoma to the Big Ten rumor until it snowballs into something that can catch fire. I want to hear the OU BoT president questioned about it.

Posters on the WVU Big 12 Conference Sc**t board caught wind of it. Aren't they the gossip queens?

I'd help out, but I don't think the B1G would hold their academic noses long enough to discuss the possibility.

I'd help out, but I don't think the B1G would hold their academic noses long enough to discuss the possibility.

Oklahoma is ranked higher than Nebraska.

Oklahoma is ranked higher than Nebraska.
From my time stationed in Big Ten territory, they won't pass the smell test. Just an opinion. Also, when Texas was flirting with the B1G, they were informed that TAMU could come along, but no others.

There is little doubt that if the B1G called OU today, OU would have everything completed tomorrow.

From my time stationed in Big Ten territory, they won't pass the smell test. Just an opinion. Also, when Texas was flirting with the B1G, they were informed that TAMU could come along, but no others.

There is little doubt that if the B1G called OU today, OU would have everything completed tomorrow.

I didn't think Nebraska would pass the smell test either, but here we are. The comments on the WV board that OU would never leave Texas are ridiculous - do they not remember OU freaking out about the Longhorn Network? The only reason OU tied itself to Texas in conference expansion is that it was either that or stay in a dying Big 12.

I agree, if the B1G called Oklahoma tomorrow we'd have a press-conference Friday.

I didn't think Nebraska would pass the smell test either, but here we are. The comments on the WV board that OU would never leave Texas are ridiculous - do they not remember OU freaking out about the Longhorn Network? The only reason OU tied itself to Texas in conference expansion is that it was either that or stay in a dying Big 12.

I agree, if the B1G called Oklahoma tomorrow we'd have a press-conference Friday.

Have to agree with you on the Nebraska smell test issue. Especially as they were losing their AAU status simultaneously with Syracuse.

I agree that OU is NOT joined at the hip with Texas, they have a great rivlary and want to continue it, but OU attempted to leave Texas to join the Pac 12, but was given the cold shoulder. Facts have never been a strong suit with WVU fans.

OU freaked over the LHN, but that was over two issues: Using teh LHN as a recruiting tool and as means of ensuring they would get a network deal done, too.

OU has the eyes of the SEC on them. They can land there safely (which is one reason thatI believe that the SEC has not moved on FSU/Clemson, OU/FSU is MUCH better!). I think that OU is realistic and knowing that they will have a real opportunity at the conference championship almost yearly keeps them willing to play Texas' game with the Big 12. I do belive they know that Texas is just as likely to blow up the Big 12 as to keep iot together, which explains why they are pro-expansion, especially with respectable football schools. Regardless, the UT/OU rivlary wil probably continue whatever happens, that rivalry was far more important than the UT/TAMU rivalry.

I think anybody in any conference outside the SEC and Big 10 should learn to not get too comfortable in their surroundings. I don't think it means that the death knell could be around the corner for individual programs, but simply that when all schools in a conference are looking out for their individual interests, it's not going to breed much conference stability.

I really liked this guy for our program glad he is in our league

I agree he's a great coach but why was he issuing a statement he clearly didn't write? I mean, were the media hounding him for a comment?

I think anybody in any conference outside the SEC and Big 10 should learn to not get too comfortable in their surroundings. I don't think it means that the death knell could be around the corner for individual programs, but simply that when all schools in a conference are looking out for their individual interests, it's not going to breed much conference stability.

I hear Northwestern to the Big East