Alabama: 5 players tested Positive for COVID | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

Alabama: 5 players tested Positive for COVID

Has there been any follow up to all of these players and staff that tested positive? I would like to know how they are all doing but haven't seen any follow up articles.

Has there been any follow up to all of these players and staff that tested positive? I would like to know how they are all doing but haven't seen any follow up articles.
Not publicly. The players health should be their business. They also may not be allowed to speak, I don't know. They will always put their team first.

There have been a few leaks on social media from parents. Brady Feeney was the largest leak, as a parent from a different team, released that private information. There are others. Some have spoken anonymously to the Guardian, and I suspect more may.

Generally, my understanding, is most fully recover with no problems. Others have experienced heart and breathing issues. I'm guessing the pac12 health demands come directly from their knowledge of the situation. I think they want to keep their friends business private, and address it directly with the NCAA.

Last edited:

I'm sure they're all fine. That's what the percentages say. But I'm also sure when something bad happens to that one player or coach you'll hear about it. No news is good news.

I'm sure they're all fine. That's what the percentages say. But I'm also sure when something bad happens to that one player or coach you'll hear about it. No news is good news.
There are more of these.

Some studies indicate a change in heart function for up to 78% in the study. It is unclear the effect on this age group, but it is how more severe cases go.

Last edited:
This is the correct answer. You won’t see follow up articles about recoveries because they don’t produce clicks.

There are more of these.

Some studies indicate a change in heart function for up to 78% in the study. It is unclear the effect on this age group, but it is how more severe cases go.

Don't take this the wrong way and I don't want to make light of it in any way shape or form, but the IU freshman football player checked into IU over 325 pounds. The virus is known to hit overweight - obese - people harder. I would also caution jumping the gun on the virus having caused the potential heart issue until further studying and testing is done. Many athletes get to college and have heart issues detected that pediatricians missed along the way.

Don't take this the wrong way and I don't want to make light of it in any way shape or form, but the IU freshman football player checked into IU over 325 pounds. The virus is known to hit overweight - obese - people harder. I would also caution jumping the gun on the virus having caused the potential heart issue until further studying and testing is done. Many athletes get to college and have heart issues detected that pediatricians missed along the way.

Remember Jermaine Pierce?

It absolutely is affecting players. 1st the breathing, then the heart. Northwestern has added EKG checks, after each player recovers, because its what the virus can do.

Player quote:

"Why are people having this power over us, and why aren’t they being checked?” one player said. “I’m honestly the most stressed out that I’ve been in my life. I have a teammate [near] me who has tested positive and has complained to me about how much his lungs hurt. This is coming from an incredibly fit, athletic guy with six-pack abs. He told me verbatim, that ‘there is no way I could go through a whole practice much less a game within three weeks. This breaks down your body.’”

Then he provided his most evocative testimony of all.

He said, “We need help.”

It absolutely is affecting players. 1st the breathing, then the heart. Northwestern has added EKG checks, after each player recovers, because its what the virus can do.

Player quote:

"Why are people having this power over us, and why aren’t they being checked?” one player said. “I’m honestly the most stressed out that I’ve been in my life. I have a teammate [near] me who has tested positive and has complained to me about how much his lungs hurt. This is coming from an incredibly fit, athletic guy with six-pack abs. He told me verbatim, that ‘there is no way I could go through a whole practice much less a game within three weeks. This breaks down your body.’”

Then he provided his most evocative testimony of all.

He said, “We need help.”

What exactly are you getting at by posting this? It's a bad bug, of course people are getting sick and not feeling well. People with Mono might feel the same way.

What exactly are you getting at by posting this? It's a bad bug, of course people are getting sick and not feeling well. People with Mono might feel the same way.
This isn't mono... or anything like it.

This isn't mono... or anything like it.

Yeah no kidding but mono can give a person a 104 degree fever for a week and make the person feel like holy hell. Someone with pneumonia might have lungs that hurt. Randomguy posts a 2nd hand quote describing how another player doesn't feel well. Insert "mono, flu, pneumonia' and they'd fit the same quote. A great number of players are also asymptomatic and to date, nobody has died - thank god.

I think it goes without saying that sympomatic players who pick it up won't feel well. My friends mom and sisters picked it up in Houston. They felt like holy hell for a few days and then it cleared up. About a week. The 2nd or 3rd days being the worst and one of them said the anxiety they had over having it was probably the worst part.

Have you had it?

Last edited:
Yeah no kidding but mono can give a person a 104 degree fever for a week and make the person feel like holy hell. Someone with pneumonia might have lungs that hurt. Randomguy posts a 2nd hand quote describing how another player doesn't feel well. Insert "mono, flu, pneumonia' and they'd fit the same the quote. A great number of players are also asymptomatic and to date, nobody has died - thank god.

I think it goes without saying that sympomatic players who pick it up won't feel well. My friends mom and sisters picked it up in Houston. They felt like holy hell for a few days and then it cleared up. About a week. The 2nd or 3rd days being the worst and one of them said the anxiety they had over having it was probably the worst part.

Have you had it?
I haven't, a colleague has. She is not old, has no comorbidities, is physically fit, and has always maitained a healthy weight. She has been officially recovered for a few weeks and still says she struggles to get through the day.

1 player broke quarantine. Quickly spread to 28 in a dorm setting. Article quote:

Yes, the party happened and could have contributed to the problem, but they say the virus’ spread was traced to a single player who broke rules, left campus and returned as an asymptomatic carrier. It quickly spread from there in a dorm setting. If that’s true, consider the logistical challenges of protecting the team from exposure.

1 player broke quarantine. Quickly spread to 28 in a dorm setting. Article quote:

Yes, the party happened and could have contributed to the problem, but they say the virus’ spread was traced to a single player who broke rules, left campus and returned as an asymptomatic carrier. It quickly spread from there in a dorm setting. If that’s true, consider the logistical challenges of protecting the team from exposure.

Hearing things like this make me very concerned for dorms across the county.