Alabama: 5 players tested Positive for COVID | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

Alabama: 5 players tested Positive for COVID

This guy on Twitter is an agent for many NFL players. So that is the source of this rumor

Not sure which thread this belongs but I didn't see this posted. And I find this very interesting if it were to happen how other conferences would react

Syracuse player on this list (i know its just an opinion but its probably true)

No question the southern schools..in both ACC and SEC...are the weakest link in 2020 season. They are not testing, social distancing, following any CDC protocols. Sad. If season is canceled and I think it is 50-50 it will be traced to the South. You can't be this stupid and have a season.

Clearly Liberty should be dropped from schedule. Yesterday.

Syracuse player on this list (i know its just an opinion but its probably true)

It likely would cause them to forego their college careers. Who can blame them? Spring FB is a non starter with the NFL draft. Just look at it this way. These same players listed are likely skip typical non CFP bowl games to get ready for NFL Combine. That has been the trend recently. Draftable players are focused on NFL and last regular season game is it. Yet the B10 and PAC12 expect players of this caliber to play in spring??? Preposterous.

so let me ask this.. where are the players going that they are running into people to make them sick? Its not in class or on campus most likely. is it grocery stores? home? where they live? other students?

so let me ask this.. where are the players going that they are running into people to make them sick? Its not in class or on campus most likely. is it grocery stores? home? where they live? other students?

Other students. Hookups and small get togethers.

so all things they have control over.
Not really. Restrooms(one of the highest concentrations) Dining halls. If they are in a general population group dorm, with shared anything. Busses, etc...

Now that they've caught the 237 cases, I'm sure they'll be fine.

Screenshot_20200817-190930_Twitter.jpg

At this rate we will achieve Herd by Labor day. Not sure what these kids are thinking. So glad this is the generation that will be taking care of us:(

Not really. Restrooms(one of the highest concentrations) Dining halls. If they are in a general population group dorm, with shared anything. Busses, etc...
the are ball players.. they dont have to be in any of those situations for the most part..

At this rate we will achieve Herd by Labor day. Not sure what these kids are thinking. So glad this is the generation that will be taking care of us:(

Sometimes I get a little upset about getting older.

But then I realize that there was no social media when I was in college, which is a MAJOR plus. And there was no pandemic. I'm dumb enough now, but what might I have been like if I was in college when this was going on?

and unc was at 2% before classes started. Now they are at 13.4%.
No they were not. That's a bogus positivity rate. # of tests/positives. UNC would currently have .45% positive. The actual # of positives. (137/30000)

Positivety rate is good for spinning things.
Example. 100 football players, tested every 2 weeks. 50 are infected, then recover. In 8 weeks, your positivity rate is 9%, not the 50% that were ill. If 20 get ill, your positivity rate is 3% not 20%. Looks much better.