Alan Griffin is real, and he's spectacular | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Alan Griffin is real, and he's spectacular

JB could have a really nasty team this year with the way Sidibe came on during the second half of last season and the ever versatile Marek gaining 19 pounds and not getting pushed around as much, and not having to play the center position as much, if at all. Throw in a little K Richmond, with Griffin filling the Hughes role and JB could go nine deep.
n'oubliez pas monsieur Guerrier !

Was I the only one that read the post's headline and immediately thought it read "Alan Griffin ruled ineligible"?

I guess I just assume the worst.

This is great news!!!
I started reading it as we had a coach change his mind and was heading to Bloomington...(cuz we can't have nice things)

Could very well be. However, considering the number of players and staff, basketball would be easier to regulate and oversee.

I'm loving sports right now with NHL playoffs all day and I will need my Orange Hoops fix this fall. I'm more optimistic of a January start than November.
Is hockey popular in Canada?

Love Eli but JG3/Buddy/Griffin is probably our best 3pt shooting trio in a decade

Triche/Rautins/Wes
GMac/Devo/Nichols

Gbinije/Cooney/Malachi was an ok trio on the %s, but throw in Lydon and that’s a dangerous team.

Those would seem to be the contenders? Along with last year.

Amazing that in this era we had a sweet 16 team without having one good 3 point shooter, % wise.

NCAA after cancelling season:
RegalFineAsianelephant-small.gif

Us:

Just don't know enough about this kid - his game compared to Eli's? Equal to, less, greater?

Just don't know enough about this kid - his game compared to Eli's? Equal to, less, greater?

He is a good shooter and tenacious rebounder.

Hasn't shown the same type of handle / ability to create off the bounce for himself and others that Eli did, but he was also not featured in that way at Illinois -- he was used primarily as a spot up shooter, so it doesn't mean that he CAN'T do those things.

He is a good shooter and tenacious rebounder.

Hasn't shown the same type of handle / ability to create off the bounce for himself and others that Eli did, but he was also not featured in that way at Illinois -- he was used primarily as a spot up shooter, so it doesn't mean that he CAN'T do those things.
Agreed. I don't think he has the handle Eli did though but I have watched him make moves that mean he is more than capable of being a good wing off the bounce. I would say slightly better than first year Eli but not as good as 2nd year. He is physical though and I think could finish around the rim better than Eli. Either way it is a huge get to have him eligible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom