Alec Lemon Impressing at Texans Training Camp | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Alec Lemon Impressing at Texans Training Camp

He missed 1 game but he played a month before he was truly healthy. His 2nd half of the season numbers were staggering.

edit: Just added it up last 6 games of the regular season he went 46 catches 801 yards 7 TD's.

That's scary good. One of the best games I've ever seen was the performance against ...south Florida? Can't believe I'm blanking on that :eek:

That's scary good. One of the best games I've ever seen was the performance against ...south Florida? Can't believe I'm blanking on that :eek:

I have Mizzou etched in my mind. He and Nassib ate up their secondary.

They were unstoppable, not just in the Missouri game but also against South Florida late.
Lemon is the classic guy who gets overshadowed because we are also looking for a QB. You could make an argument he's a more important loss than Nassib. Probably not but you could at least argue it. He was solid from Day 1. A very big loss.

Lemon is the classic guy who gets overshadowed because we are also looking for a QB. You could make an argument he's a more important loss than Nassib. Probably not but you could at least argue it. He was solid from Day 1. A very big loss.

I was actually thinking about that while reading the hoops thread.

Which guy do we wish we had one more season with this year. Nassib? Pugh? Lemon? Shamarko? or even Sharpe?

The one certainty is that Alec wouldve made life a lot easier for whomever our qb is this year.

Day Seven Report on Lemon: - The UDFA wide receivers have been an interesting group to watch and Alec Lemon and Ez Nwachukwu have taken to the front of the group. Lemon has been a catching machine and this is for a player during rookie mini camp in May that really did not stand out. Since training camp, Lemon has been consistent in all he does and it has shown on the field. Today he made a great catch and broke a big hit from Braman to get into the end zone.

Love it. Really hope he sticks.
Considering the team he is on ,I would think he has an excellent chance of doing that. The kid deserves this opportunity.;)

temp_BB13216--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.JPG

Whats the point? While I agree, the ball is still in the air.

The point is, it's going to take a helluva play to make that catch. Being that it's Alec, he likely does. Plays like that stand out in camp.

The point is, it's going to take a helluva play to make that catch. Being that it's Alec, he likely does. Plays like that stand out in camp.
Gotcha and agree. I hope the kid makes it for his sake and those around him family wise. It also helps the Orangemen program if another young man makes it to the NFL.:eek:

good for him, thats someone im truely pulling for.

hope the basterd can tackle, for his immediate future is as a gunner.

Oh Lord

Alec is one of my favorite players over the last 10 years! I want him to make it with a passion. Great kid great family, pure class all around!

Speaking of family, any mods have Arundels contact info? Now that Alec has graduated, maybe we can get him to come back for a nice "hey thanks for raising the statistically best receiver we ever had" post.

Is Alec the youngest or are there any other Lemon's coming through the HS ranks that we could potentially see in orange?

Youngest is heading to Johnson and Wales, Charlotte campus, in less than a month! He's charted his course towards culinary arts/restaurant management. The oldest just took a coaching internship at Methodist University as a DB coach. Looking forward to empty-nesting!!!

If the youngest makes it, that will make us 4 of 4 getting their bachelor degrees. One way to grade a parent... :)

Youngest is heading to Johnson and Wales, Charlotte campus, in less than a month! He's charted his course towards culinary arts/restaurant management. The oldest just took a coaching internship at Methodist University as a DB coach. Looking forward to empty-nesting!!!

If the youngest makes it, that will make us 4 of 4 getting their bachelor degrees. One way to grade a parent... :)

5 star parents. ESPN top 100 lock.

Congrats to you and yours!

5 star parents. ESPN top 100 lock.

Congrats to you and yours!

Thanks much! :) Looking forward to Syracuse traveling our way for the Maryland game - also looking forward to a Fall where most of our weekends won't be spent on the road! Not that we don't love Syracuse, but not driving 12 hours round trip has a certain appeal to it...

Right to be proud you deserve it for raising some great kiddos!