Alec Lemon Impressing at Texans Training Camp | Syracusefan.com

Alec Lemon Impressing at Texans Training Camp

Orange Fever

Walk On
From a local Texans blog:

Day Five: "Rookie wide receiver Alec Lemon keeps impressing, today he made an impressive one-handed catch in the corner of the endzone on a well placed ball from T.J. Yates. This has been two strong days for Lemon in full pads."

Day Four: "Rookie wide receiver Alec Lemon has just been steady as a player out on the field. Lemon runs great routes and has impressed the staff with his consistency on the field."

I really hope Lemon makes the roster in Houston.
958683_t607.JPG

Can't say enough good things about Alec, I believe he'll be playing football for awhile. I hope he makes the 53 but if not, I'm positive he'll be on a practice squad.

Can't say enough good things about Alec, I believe he'll be playing football for awhile. I hope he makes the 53 but if not, I'm positive he'll be on a practice squad.
His story is beginning alot like super secret almost recruit Chris Hogan on Hard Knocks last year - made a great first impression, got the 24/7 (always open)nickname, then ran into some trouble (I think it was even Alecs issue of getting separation) and was cut. Believe he ended up on the Bills practice squad and I think he's still there in camp this year.

I know what the Texans have at the top of the depth chart, but who is he fighting for a roster spot with?

They have Andre Johnson, first-round pick DeAndre Hopkins, and DeVier Posey. After that I didn't recognize any of the names. Seems to be an open competition for the last few WR spots.

Hope he makes it. He'll need to show something on special teams to stick as a 4/5 WR.
Great kid.

They have Andre Johnson, first-round pick DeAndre Hopkins, and DeVier Posey. After that I didn't recognize any of the names. Seems to be an open competition for the last few WR spots.

Plus a Vet QB, an O that's pretty electric, a good ground game and a growing organization and fanbase. Great spot to be in.

Great player.

I still don't think some realize he had one of the best recieving years ever. 70+ catches, over 1000 yards and 7 scores, plus a rushing td. And he missed a game yes?

Big numbers for most college players. Great hands, great attitude. Plus, I got to hold the door open for him on south campus when I was bombed once and he actually acknowledged the act #winning

My son and I talked to him after the Spring Game. He was a really nice guy and very easy to root for. I mentioned to him that his parents brought a lemon cake to the Fine Lot tailgate for the last home game of the year and he laughed. I told him to thank his parents for the delicious cake!

Good to hear.

When I saw Alex signed with the Texans. I knew his chances of making an NFL roster were great; they are one of the beat organizations in football and don't make many mistakes evaluating personnel.

Hope he has a long and healthy career there.

Great player.

I still don't think some realize he had one of the best recieving years ever. 70+ catches, over 1000 yards and 7 scores, plus a rushing td. And he missed a game yes?

Big numbers for most college players. Great hands, great attitude. Plus, I got to hold the door open for him on south campus when I was bombed once and he actually acknowledged the act #winning

He missed 1 game but he played a month before he was truly healthy. His 2nd half of the season numbers were staggering.

edit: Just added it up last 6 games of the regular season he went 46 catches 801 yards 7 TD's.

Imagine the numbers he would have put up if he hadn't been banged up for half his career here.
Yeah, I think people forget that even injured he was a standout receiver. He only played a small part of his career here at full strength.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Alec was awesome to watch last season. I wish he would've had 4 healthy seasons, but such is life; a killer 2012 with a bowl win over WFVU more than made up for it. ;)

We need more proud and well-rounded Syracuse ambassadors like Alec in the NFL. Go get em bud!

One of my all-time favorites.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

No doubt. Can't say enough good things about Alec. I was so pissed when he didn't get drafted, but have all the confidence in the world that he will still make it happen.

Go get 'em Alec.,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consider me unsurprised... I'm still baffled that he went undrafted. Kid will make an NFL squad (maybe not this year, but before he calls it quits) and he will carve out a niche on teams.

He's the guy who shows up to camp and nobody thinks he's a football player. He's not overly fast, big, strong..doesn't have the "look", but once he's on the field he turns heads because of his consistency and underrated talent.

That's just it--Houston has a glaring need for competent WRs. This was a good selection from Lemon to go there as an UFA--he has an outstanding chance to make that squad.