Aleon Calhoun | Syracusefan.com

Aleon Calhoun

anomander

Living Legend
Could be another late add for the 2013 class. Monday is the deadline to sign. 3 star JUCO OT from Navasota, TX (Navarro JC). 6'7 340. Has over 20 offers, but has been in recent contact with Sam Houston St, South Florida, and Syracuse. Wants to go to Texas AM, but hasn't heard from in 2 weeks. With some of the departures he could be a nice option.

EDIT. Wanted to add he was rated #75 on ESPN JUCO top 100. Took officials to Texas Tech and USF

Could be another late add for the 2013 class. Monday is the deadline to sign. 3 star JUCO OT from Navasota, TX (Navarro JC). 6'7 340. Has over 20 offers, but has been in recent contact with Sam Houston St, South Florida, and Syracuse. Wants to go to Texas AM, but hasn't heard from in 2 weeks. With some of the departures he could be a nice option.

EDIT. Wanted to add he was rated #75 on ESPN JUCO top 100. Took officials to Texas Tech and USF

Texas Tech verbal out of High School. Had some nice offers both out of high school and JUCO.

Texas Tech verbal out of High School. Had some nice offers both out of high school and JUCO.

ya saw FSU, OK ST, Miss St were said to have offered while in JC. At a local JC now taking classes to try and gain eligibility. He would definitely be at a bcs school already if it weren't for academics.

I'm guessing SMU. Sounds like he wants to stay local.

Also, if FSU Miss st and A&M are staying away because of grades why are we involved?

I'm guessing SMU. Sounds like he wants to stay local.

Also, if FSU Miss st and A&M are staying away because of grades why are we involved?

Seems like we have taken a couple flyers if stuff concerning Estime and Cooper are true.

That kind of news would deflect from my anticipated bummer night in BBAOT with that kind of size would be a super import an signing for the program at this stage. Presuming he can move at that size.Being 6-7would help that issue a bit.:eek:

That kind of news would deflect from my anticipated bummer night in BBAOT with that kind of size would be a super import an signing for the program at this stage. Presuming he can move at that size.Being 6-7would help that issue a bit.:eek:

i guess a 5.3 for a guy that size is pretty good.

Finished watching his 2:17 highlight tape...

and Aleon Calhoun still hasn't gotten out of his stance.

oh wow he is slow. the defender was actually getting off the ball faster then he was. he could have some real problems against some quicker DE's

I wouldn't offer him based on his last name alone. I refuse to cheer for a Calhoun EVER.

Just watched his tape. Hope we don't offer. Worse than Lou Alexander IMO

Just watched his tape. Hope we don't offer. Worse than Lou Alexander IMO

Same here. Just had a chance to watch the video. If all those schools really offered, someone must be seeing something. But man is he slow out of his stance.

It almost seems like he does not hear the snap count...

Also looks a bit lost out there.

Wonder if he's even being looked at as an OT or as a DT based on his size. Keeping in mind that we just had a mountain of a DT get himself kicked off the team.

Any D1 lineman, O or D, would be off the ball and have their hands on him before he even got out of his stance.

As many others have said, I really hope we don't offer.