Alex Hayes & Corey Cooper commits | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Alex Hayes & Corey Cooper commits

Reality is that a lot of kids that go the prep route are there for a reason and while many have D1 caliber talent, that doesn't always equate to having your head on straight or even being college-capable.

Some attrition from commits in prep never making to campus is to be expected.

i realize this. i am not saying it is anyone fault. i just mean it would be extremely unfortunate cause your not guarantee to ever see him again

He may have been looking at my post - now with the Tucker correction the success rate is 60%, whether it's on the student academically or whether the student commits to a different school following his time at Milford, 60% is the recent success rate of keeping commits after they attend Milford.
This BS stuff of unknowns is on all the sites without any facts to support the conclusion or conjecture.Clues re for Sherlock Holmes,not recruiting fans I hate rumors of all kinds.Sounds like a sewing klatch of old ladies after a long night and their romance novels.

While they are certainly 2 different situations, they are both part of that 60%.
In all of those cases, we had hopes that the player would make it to Syracuse the following year. 40% of the time, they did not.
The 60% still means something - it means that we had roughly 10 guys committed who went to Milford, and 6 of those guys eventually ended up on the SU roster.

I'm not saying that it's Syracuse's fault or Milford's fault when it is on the student to obtain eligibility - and I'm definitely not trying to be a Debbie Downer or anything. I'm really pulling hard for any 'Cuse commit who attends prep school to stay committed AND to do the work necessary to make it to the next level.

In hindsight: I should not have originally labeled it as Syracuse's success rate, but should have labeled it as the students' success rate in making it from Milford to Syracuse.

I see what you were are saying and maybe (probably) I am being a nit-picking A-hole, but what does grouping kids who never qualify with kids who are recruited away from Cuse show us?

I think you need to separate the kids who go the prep route and never qualify from the kids who go the prep route, qualify, and choose to go somewhere else.

The latter, Cuse can often times be held responsible for. The former is largely on the student.

I see what you were are saying and maybe (probably) I am being a nit-picking A-hole, but what does grouping kids who never qualify with kids who are recruited away from Cuse show us?

I think you need to separate the kids who go the prep route and never qualify from the kids who go the prep route, qualify, and choose to go somewhere else.

The latter, Cuse can often times be held responsible for. The former is largely on the student.

I'm with ya - I wasn't really trying to assign responsibility to 'Cuse OR the student. Anomander bottom lined it nicely by saying that there is just no guarantee that we'll see someone again who goes prepping, and so I have learned from past experience not to get too excited about commits who do not qualify.

Regarding Cooper specifically, of course this is all just premature BS since we don't know anything officially, but it helped me get through my workday :)

I don't remember off the top of my head about Matt jones unless I go look it up but upon him entering Milford I don't believe we offered him a scholarship again and so he ended up at buffalo.

I don't remember off the top of my head about Matt jones unless I go look it up but upon him entering Milford I don't believe we offered him a scholarship again and so he ended up at buffalo.

I was going to post the same thing. I'm not 100% sure on it but probably around 70% sure that was the scenario.

Didn't a coaching change happen with him?

I was going to post the same thing. I'm not 100% sure on it but probably around 70% sure that was the scenario.

Didn't a coaching change happen with him?

Yes I believe the coaching change did happen with him. Don't remember though which statf

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom