Alex Hayes & Corey Cooper commits | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Alex Hayes & Corey Cooper commits

Well, we are all going to find out soon enough!

I'm just trusting HCSS and his staff/family. These guys seem pretty solid to me.

Agree completely. It's pretty b.s. that people are piling on his impression from coaching against the kid. Absolutely ridiculous. He never implied that he was better at judging talent than Strong, he was simply giving his personal impression from what he personally witnessed. Unbelievable.

Put yourself in the same situation, you coach against a player that all of a sudden commits to the college you follow. At no point from game tape or in the game did the player stand out above and beyond any other player. You then post on a message board what your opinion is WITHOUT even trying to blast the kid, purely your opinion and you get attacked for it.

:bat:

I guess implying that he made up all his scholarship offers isn't blasting him in your world.

Agree completely. It's pretty b.s. that people are piling on his impression from coaching against the kid. Absolutely ridiculous. He never implied that he was better at judging talent than Strong, he was simply giving his personal impression from what he personally witnessed. Unbelievable.

Put yourself in the same situation, you coach against a player that all of a sudden commits to the college you follow. At no point from game tape or in the game did the player stand out above and beyond any other player. You then post on a message board what your opinion is WITHOUT even trying to blast the kid, purely your opinion and you get attacked for it.

:bat:

No one "attacked" him, quit being so dramatic. It wasn't so much what he said as much as it was how he said it. No big deal, we know Cooper was highly sought after so it's irrelevant anyway. Regardless, I like having a high school coach posting here and hope he posts more.

To be honest, we have no idea if he is a BCS level D-1 player. I am excited for him, don't get me wrong, just like every player that signs with Syracuse. But, most of us will not have an idea on just how good that player is until he sets foot on campus.

But, if this was Tomcat talking about a NY player, there wouldn't be near the same blowback.

I see a lot of blow back when it comes to any discussion around Rouse. I think the issue you have is that you have someone who says the kid is not a D1 prospect in spite of what appears to be some attention from high level programs ... if a kid in NY had that level of interested Tomcat (who is pretty darn accurate) usually doesn't tag him as a fringe D1 type player. Again no offense to anyone but I would give the SU staff and Charlie Strong's staff as well as a few others the doubt ... over a HS coach from NC. Fair or not that is how I came to my conclusion and if you find flaws with my logic so be it. If you find a player in NYS with a commitment to LVille or a school of that ilk that Tomcat has said is a fringe D1 player then I will be very surprised. If anything he gives the player more credit than an offer list would indicate ... a prime example would be Tommy Hopkins.

No one "attacked" him, quit being so dramatic. It wasn't so much what he said as much as it was how he said it. No big deal, we know Cooper was highly sought after so it's irrelevant anyway. Regardless, I like having a high school coach posting here and hope he posts more.

Not dramatic at all. People attacked him for having formed an opinion based on his personal experience seeing the kid play. That is just a fact.

If people prefer to trust college programs evaluations of this kid over a H.S. kid, there's nothing wrong with that, I would too. I personally like Cooper. Simply just say "well I'm going to trust the evaluations of the coaching staff and other college teams". Done, no big deal.

The reality is, people don't like people who know things to post if the information doesn't suit what they want to hear. That is why some people on here with good information keep it to themselves. If I were him, I wouldn't bother posting about any kids I've seen play again.

Not dramatic at all. People attacked him for having formed an opinion based on his personal experience seeing the kid play. That is just a fact.

If people prefer to trust college programs evaluations of this kid over a H.S. kid, there's nothing wrong with that, I would too. I personally like Cooper. Simply just say "well I'm going to trust the evaluations of the coaching staff and other college teams". Done, no big deal.

The reality is, people don't like people who know things to post if the information doesn't suit what they want to hear. That is why some people on here with good information keep it to themselves. If I were him, I wouldn't bother posting about any kids I've seen play again.

Well then hopefully he has thicker skin than you do. No one said anything out of line, the coach included. All I see in this thread are requests that he explain his rather cryptic posts and some harmless ball-busting. No biggee, we'll see how Cooper looks compared to the rest of the WR unit in August.

I like how this board hopes for informed posters who have seen these players play, but if your a coach who coached against him and said he didn't impress, you don't know anything about football!

I also enjoy how people who haven't seen him play are so quick to dismiss someone who has.
Thank you. And again I am surprised by his stars and rankings. He isn't a bad player and I hear he is a great person and I know he has talent. I am very surprised that he is ranked 188th by scout. Was he their best player? Yes but he wasn't the best Wr in the area or in his conference.

If the staff wants this kid on the team enough to offer a scholarship then I want this kid on the team and I'm happy that he decided to go to Syracuse.

If the staff wants this kid on the team enough to offer a scholarship then I want this kid on the team and I'm happy that he decided to go to Syracuse.
I am too. Just giving you a report that I am surprised that he went to such a good program. I have seen a lot of D I studs in HS and all make you stop and say holy cow this kids is on another level. Cooper never did that for me. But there are plenty of kids that go D I that coaches see measurables more than game play. Someone earlier stated that Wrs at times are hard to impress because they depend on someone else getting them the ball. That is certainly true but they usual stand out in other ways. He didn't. What stands out to me is that 'cuse is gettting a good kid and that my young HS 10th grade players are better than we all thought.

I appreciate the report and hopefully those players that you think are better than Cooper also get invites to come to Syracuse if they are that good.

I appreciate the report and hopefully those players that you think are better than Cooper also get invites to come to Syracuse if they are that good.
I only hope... I cannot wait until they get out of our conference! BTW Millbrook has a huge WR that is scary. #2 I believe. I think he will be a senior.

North Carolina has a lot of talent and hopefully SU will start to have a nice pipeline there as well as down the whole coast.

Maryland, DC, Virginia, and North Carolina have a ton of talent. Syracuse was getting players from there for a little while. Was it Chris White who was recruiting that area.

Well then hopefully he has thicker skin than you do. No one said anything out of line, the coach included. All I see in this thread are requests that he explain his rather cryptic posts and some harmless ball-busting. No biggee, we'll see how Cooper looks compared to the rest of the WR unit in August.

I don't think deciding not to post observations or personal opinions as an informed person has anything to do with thick skin but whatever.

I never implied anyone said anything "out of line". I essentially said there was needless ball busting of someone who coached against the kid and has broken down film of him. If he wasn't impressed by the kid compared to other players, he wasn't impressed. So what.

So we have two coaches in the Raleigh area with completely different opinions about young Cooper. One thinks he's average, the other says he blew people out of the water and his combine numbers, measurables and ball catching was top notch.

So we have two coaches in the Raleigh area with completely different opinions about young Cooper. One thinks he's average, the other says he blew people out of the water and his combine numbers, measurables and ball catching was top notch.

Well ... to be fair one saw him in games ... the other at a combine ... two different environments in which you can gauge a player ... he could be the anti-Sales.

Well ... to be fair one saw him in games ... the other at a combine ... two different environments in which you can gauge a player ... he could be the anti-Sales.

tis true, and yet to be fair, combines/camps are usually how players get offers from colleges. And in the nfl it's normally how they get drafted. How many times did this HS team throw the ball, how was the QB, how did the line block, what were the field conditions? last year they had a 5 star RB who they just fed the ball to all game long.

I believe their team was only 3-8 this year and it's a run first offense.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...42/corey-cooper-making-most-every-opportunity

who thought Nassib was a drafted QB until he had an oline that could block

Corey Cooper and HCSS:
BBvIRE-CQAAO70s.jpg:large

Cooper who was born on Christmas turns out to be our late present that was worth waiting for.

Welcome Corey!!!

I am debating posting any more to this but I heard some unfortunate news this weekend from some area coaches connected to Millbrook.

I am debating posting any more to this but I heard some unfortunate news this weekend from some area coaches connected to Millbrook.
Are you pissing in our cornflakes?

Um...ok...so are you going to share this news or what?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom