Alex Plavin says to get off of Marrone's case | Syracusefan.com

Alex Plavin says to get off of Marrone's case

SWC75

Bored Historian
I wondered what Moore and Beaulieu must have done to deserve being suspended for the whole game when Spruill will only miss part of the game after being arrested.

His response, (if I understood him correctly) was that in the 'real world' it's all about winning and that Spruill needs to be in there to help us win while Marrone and Beaulieu aren't as important. He asked, (after I got off the air) if anyone would want Nassib or Lemon suspended if they had done what Spruill did. I E-Mailed him that I would like them suspended if they'd done what Spruill did, that if the rules don't apply to everyone on the team, you don't have a team.

He also said that Marrone's insistence on discipline and character was a good way to get rid fo the bad players he inherited from Greg Robinson but he doesn't need that any more because they are gone.

He said that we'll kill West Virginia because they aren't excited enough about being in the game because after starting 5-0, they were hoping for the BCS. (If that's the case, it would appear winning isn't an issue.)

Oh for christ sake, get over it. Who cares, watch the freaking games. Were you there? Do you have all the details, etc etc. Let the coaches do their jobs and watch the games. I think Marrone has a pretty good track record here. Must be more to the story, if their isn't then it's his call, his career, his team. As a fan I could care less about this stuff anymore.

Oh for christ sake, get over it. Who cares, watch the freaking games. Were you there? Do you have all the details, etc etc. Let the coaches do their jobs and watch the games. I think Marrone has a pretty good track record here. Must be more to the story, if their isn't then it's his call, his career, his team. As a fan I could care less about this stuff anymore.

We're not supposed to care? Were Moore and Beaulieu arrested?

I agree. 99.99% of people do not know EXACTLY what went on, so leave that to the team behind closed doors and let them handle it internally. People calling out Marrone is unfair. You don't know what happened.

Also, I'd imagine the behind-the-scenes punishment that these kids are getting is brutal. Guilty or not.

I agree. 99.99% of people do not know EXACTLY what went on, so leave that to the team behind closed doors and let them handle it internally. People calling out Marrone is unfair. You don't know what happened.

Also, I'd imagine the behind-the-scenes punishment that these kids are getting is brutal. Guilty or not.

So you're thinking the cops could get suspended for filing a false report (they should if they did)?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I wondered what Moore and Beaulieu must have done to deserve being suspended for the whole game when Spruill will only miss part of the game after being arrested.

His response, (if I understood him correctly) was that in the 'real world' it's all about winning and that Spruill needs to be in there to help us win while Marrone and Beaulieu aren't as important. He asked, (after I got off the air) if anyone would want Nassib or Lemon suspended if they had done what Spruill did. I E-Mailed him that I would like them suspended if they'd done what Spruill did, that if the rules don't apply to everyone on the team, you don't have a team.

He also said that Marrone's insistence on discipline and character was a good way to get rid fo the bad players he inherited from Greg Robinson but he doesn't need that any more because they are gone.

He said that we'll kill West Virginia because they aren't excited enough about being in the game because after starting 5-0, they were hoping for the BCS. (If that's the case, it would appear winning isn't an issue.)

Plenty of ignorance in there by Plavin.

That's not even Plavin's argument, (that we don't know what really happened). His argument is that winning is everything and you don't suspend players who are vital to winning. Do you agree with that?

So you're thinking the cops could get suspended for filing a false report (they should if they did)?

No but people are making the police report out worse than it really is.

You think cops are 100% honest every time?

No but people are making the police report out worse than it really is.

You think cops are 100% honest every time?

Here's my point. Spruill either did or didn't put his hands on the cop. If he did, he should be suspended. If he didn't, the cop should be suspended for filing a false report.

Here's my point. Spruill either did or didn't put his hands on the cop. If he did, he should be suspended. If he didn't, the cop should be suspended for filing a false report.

Fair enough, so how do we find out? Someone must have this on their cell phone. nIf no can conclude anything, then this should be swept under the rug.

If the rumors are correct, then Beaulieu and Moore both failed drug tests. A failed drug test is a verdict of guilt and the school should act appropriately. And the school is required to act appropriately per the NCAA if I understand correctly - it's a moot point.

Rene and Spruill haven't even been charged with anything and I'm sure their punishment will be worse than being suspended for a game or part of a game if they are found guilty of a misdemeanor. I think Marrone is punishing them as he is now just because of the incident and I'm sure it could get worse if/when a decision on guilt is made.

There seems to be an assumption out there that the Pinstripe Bowl will be their only punishment - if they're found guilty I don't see that. Hunt and Carter both had heavier punishments than missing part of a game after being found guilty of a misdemeanor.

If the rumors are correct, then Beaulieu and Moore both failed drug tests. A failed drug test is a verdict of guilt and the school should act appropriately. And the school is required to act appropriately per the NCAA if I understand correctly - it's a moot point.

I wasn't talking about Beaulieu or Moore, I'm talking about the others.

Here is how I look at it:
They were arrested, they will go to court and the core of the punishment will be handed out after the government is satisfied. Followed by the student review board. A partial game punishment was handed out for being stupid and getting in a situation to begin with. There could be additional game time suspensions handed out next season.
As for Moore and Max, their situation was probably more cut and dry. There is a specific rule that was broken. For instance, a urine sample was positive. Not saying that was the case, but as an example this would result in a punishment that was clearly stated in the athletic department handbook. Ie. failed test equals one game suspension. There is no grey area there.
The school could be hit with NCAA sanctions if they did not handle punishments to the letter of the handbook. The NCAA does not govern the individual school handbook, but each student athlete MUST be held to the same rules regardless of sport or player ability.

Just my experience.

Rene and Spruill haven't even been charged with anything and I'm sure their punishment will be worse than being suspended for a game or part of a game if they are found guilty of a misdemeanor. I think Marrone is punishing them as he is now just because of the incident and I'm sure it could get worse if/when a decision on guilt is made.

There seems to be an assumption out there that the Pinstripe Bowl will be their only punishment - if they're found guilty I don't see that. Hunt and Carter both had heavier punishments than missing part of a game after being found guilty of a misdemeanor.

We must have been typing at the same time. (I said the same thing)
You are exactly correct.

They were arrested, they will go to court and the core of the punishment will be handed out after the government is satisfied. Followed by the student review board. A partial game punishment was handed out for being stupid and getting in a situation to begin with. There could be additional game time suspensions handed out next season.
As for Moore and Max, their situation was probably more cut and dry. There is a specific rule that was broken. For instance, a urine sample was positive. Not saying that was the case, but as an example this would result in a punishment that was clearly stated in the athletic department handbook. Ie. failed test equals one game suspension. There is no grey area there.
The school could be hit with NCAA sanctions if they did not handle punishments to the letter of the handbook. The NCAA does not govern the individual school handbook, but each student athlete MUST be held to the same rules regardless of sport or player ability.

Just my experience.

I think you've probably nailed it. My only difference in opinion is that a coach doesn't need to wait for the legal system to take place nor should he.

This I know for a fact. The police will get us for this. From time to time, they have let things go. Not anymore. You don't put your hands on a policeman. The police watched this closely. And they are not happy.

Overall, this might be your worst post since saying Nassib was the worst qb ever at syracuse. As I said above, this isn't just about Marrone and the program. We also live in a city. That city has a police force. That police force has looked the other way on many occasions and everyone here knows that. Believe me, they are looking forward to not overlooking the next thing now. We will pay for this. And it isn't worth it.

He's earned the benefit of the doubt in this area. BTW, what the hell does that nasally knucklehead know about the real world.

That's not even Plavin's argument, (that we don't know what relaly happened). His argument is that winning is everything and you don't suspend players who are vital to winning. Do you agree with that?

The guy is ascribing motives with no basis, I hate that.

Just my experience.

Sounds much more likely.

The guy is ascribing motives with no basis, I hate that.

I suspect that Plavin does not have a Mensa card. Although juxtapose against Lindsey and his insights, he is a realtive genius. So, he does have that.

Overall, this might be your worst post since saying Nassib was the worst qb ever at syracuse. As I said above, this isn't just about Marrone and the program. We also live in a city. That city has a police force. That police force has looked the other way on many occasions and everyone here knows that. Believe me, they are looking forward to not overlooking the next thing now. We will pay for this. And it isn't worth it.

Whatever, I could give a rats ass... The Syracuse cops have looked the other way up there for 25 years.. DC and many of the football players from that era as well use to know all the cops by name, hell I would say 50% of the time they gave DC a ride home on a Friday or Saturday night. The fact is these type of things will happen and how Marrone chooses to discipline the kids is his business, I am a fan, a booster, and a supporter of the program but I don't care how the coach disciplines the kids, as I said it's his job, his career, his team, and lets face it that job will be judged on winning football games, and if Marrone appears to be taking a wait and see approach on this maybe there is a reason... The garbage about " You don't put your hands on a cop" What is that.. depends on the situation.. I lived in that area for 3 years parties got out of control all the time, cops showed up all the time, some decent cops some not so much, always two sides to the story, Would this be the first time a few knucklehead cops were over agressive with their restraining techniques? etc etc etc, so unless you have the story the whole story, not some story told down at Swallows by a City cop but the story of actual witnesses I would just refrain from throwing hearsay and opinion around as fact.

What this we will pay for this business? How will you pay for this? Give me a freaking break

Whatever, I could give a rats ass... The Syracuse cops have looked the other way up there for 25 years.. DC and many of the football players from that era as well use to know all the cops by name, hell I would say 50% of the time they gave DC a ride home on a Friday or Saturday night. The fact is these type of things will happen and how Marrone chooses to discipline the kids is his business, I am a fan, a booster, and a supporter of the program but I don't care how the coach disciplines the kids, as I said it's his job, his career, his team, and lets face it that job will be judged on winning football games, and if Marrone appears to be taking a wait and see approach on this maybe there is a reason... The garbage about " You don't put your hands on a cop" What is that.. depends on the situation.. I lived in that area for 3 years parties got out of control all the time, cops showed up all the time, some decent cops some not so much, always two sides to the story, Would this be the first time a few knucklehead cops were over agressive with their restraining techniques? etc etc etc, so unless you have the story the whole story, not some story told down at Swallows by a City cop but the story of actual witnesses I would just refrain from throwing hearsay and opinion around as fact.

What this we will pay for this business? How will you pay for this? Give me a freaking break
It doesn't matter what the circumstances were. We will pay for this. That is the point. And you will give a rats ass whe we do.

It doesn't matter what the circumstances were. We will pay for this. That is the point. And you will give a rats ass whe we do.

Oh please... get over it. WE WILL PAY!!!!!! The Syracuse city cops are going to come down on Syracuse football!!!!! WE WILL PAY!!! please

Just my experience.
sounds like marrone got his hands on some of JBs splendid white-out for the handbook.

'what he do? whats the handbook say? shlit. darryl, would you mind leaving the room??... hop!! get me the white-out, we got gtown on sunday...'

Oh Lord

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom