Alex Plavin says to get off of Marrone's case | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Alex Plavin says to get off of Marrone's case

At Miami too. And he won. Everyone in the real world is treated in accordance with his value to the organization. The more valuable, the more leeway.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Maybe Marrone's Way is the NCAA Way. The next walk-on to get into trouble should be worried...very worried.

At Miami too. And he won. Everyone in the real world is treated in accordance with his value to the organization. The more valuable, the more leeway.

You believe that's how college sports should work?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

There is nothing to agree with you on. I didn't give an opinion. The police have taken notice on M.S.. There will be payback at some time. And I'm sure people will care when that happens. End of story. Sit with your blinders on. Is nassib still the worst qb in Syracuse history?
That sets themselves up for a lawsuit as it will most likely involve african american players. There will be a precedent set where this was a payback for a prior incident and will draw media interest.

Does the SPD want to go there?
Does the university?

They (SPD) need to see the bigger picture and stop worrying about dick size. (and being abusive - there are numerous videos appearing online showing questionable tactics by the department)

That sets themselves up for a lawsuit as it will most likely involve african american players. There will be a precedent set where this was a payback for a prior incident and will draw media interest.

Does the SPD want to go there?
Does the university?

They (SPD) need to see the bigger picture and stop worrying about dick size. (and being abusive - there are numerous videos appearing online showing questionable tactics by the department)
They don't set themseleves up for a lawsuit for arresting someone for a crime. That is silly. The next time someone drinks and drives, and I know of one case of a basketball player, they arrest him. Or something just like that. You don't put your hands on a cop. They don't like that.

They don't set themseleves up for a lawsuit for arresting someone for a crime. That is silly. The next time someone drinks and drives, and I know of one case of a basketball player, they arrest him. Or something just like that. You don't put your hands on a cop. They don't like that.
There is a reason this was not resolved yet

witnesses who claim SPD physically were rough beyond necessary means with Rene - thus Spruill's involvement.

There is a reason this was not resolved yet

witnesses who claim SPD physically were rough beyond necessary means with Rene - thus Spruill's involvement.
I'm not making a value judgment. I have no idea what happened. Our players might have been victims for all I know. I just know this, the police were watching to see whether M.S. was suspended. He wasn't. They are not happy. Really, end of story.

I'm not making a value judgment. I have no idea what happened. Our players might have been victims for all I know. I just know this, the police were watching to see whether M.S. was suspended. He wasn't. They are not happy. Really, end of story.
they can be pissed all they want - maybe they need to muzzle their own before muzzling some college kids

and if they do some form of retribution, they will bring a ton of heat on themselves.

Like I said, they need to have long term vision and not let emotion dictate action, otherwise they will themselves in the eyes of the university, media, and community

they can be pissed all they want - maybe they need to muzzle their own before muzzling some college kids

and if they do some form of retribution, they will bring a ton of heat on themselves.

Like I said, they need to have long term vision and not let emotion dictate action, otherwise they will themselves in the eyes of the university, media, and community
think what you want.

think what you want.
typical short term vision

When SPD overreacts on an SU player, lets see what happens

also, lets see how things play out with Spruill. Nothing like Rene 'tripping' into a parked car and then having a police dog sicked on him when he was already in custody.

SPD has been earning a bad rep over the years. Look online

I don't think you know what is meant by the retribution. They won't do anything "to" an athlete. I just expect there will be less looking the other way, making sure a kid gets back home ok, or calling a coach to come get a player. Could all lead to an increase in arrests.

I don't think you know what is meant by the retribution. They won't do anything "to" an athlete. I just expect there will be less looking the other way, making sure a kid gets back home ok, or calling a coach to come get a player. Could all lead to an increase in arrests.

regardless

the 'law' in syracuse is full of idiots looking to fulfill ego ... from the DA to the patrol sergeant

regardless

the 'law' in syracuse is full of idiots looking to fulfill ego ... from the DA to the patrol sergeant

And also many great guys and SU fans looking to keep athletes out of trouble.

And also many great guys and SU fans looking to keep athletes out of trouble.

that is everywhere ... more prevalent in legit college towns that have 'football factories'

that is everywhere ... more prevalent in legit college towns that have 'football factories'

Yes it is.

SPD not looking good at all here with this situation. Marrone who has suspended players for far less has clearly sided with his players here. Doesn't that leave people highly suspicious of what really happened. All I here is you don't put your hands on a cop, but at what point would one do that. This won't end well for SPD in my opinion, sure they will retaliate by arresting more kids and athletes but oh well... Meanwhile the city continues to deteriorate on a daily basis but they will be on a witch hunt for athletes with open containers... At least for awhile until that mayor realizes that the university won't be looking downtown for anymore real estate..

the coaches will and will need to make their players aware and they will need to tow the line short term

P.O. don't think with their brains.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom