Alex Plavin says to get off of Marrone's case | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Alex Plavin says to get off of Marrone's case

The Syracuse police have looked the other way for over 60 years.
The greatest football player ever had a lot of deeds go unpunished.
They will continue to look the other way.

It doesn't matter what the circumstances were. We will pay for this. That is the point. And you will give a rats ass whe we do.

The Syracuse Po Po has enough problems on their hands then to worry about the Cuse FB. They are under staffed, under funded and have to deal with a city full of crime. My guess is you will see the police less up in the university area.

If SPD wanted Spruill to pay, don't you think he would have been charged with misdemeanor assault and not 2nd degree harassment?

If SPD wanted Spruill to pay, don't you think he would have been charged with misdemeanor assault and not 2nd degree harassment?

I think he meant going forward since they feel it was made light of by SU.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Sometimes violating a team rule is more egregious than being arrested. Police officers are human and they definitely make a lot of mistakes. Kids are arrested all the time for bogus reasons. Having said all of that, I have no idea what the facts are or what HCDM used to base his decision, but I do know based on Marrone's track record that he thought it through and I absolutely believe based on his track record that he used reasons that go beyond winning the game against WVU.

Some people will be cynical and think Marrone's decision is purely about winning the Pinstripe Bowl, and I'm sure Marrone is aware of that perception.

I'm also sure that he is aware that some diehard fans will be concerned about the perception of the program and dread the possibility of this program being perceived in a negative way akin to the way SEC schools seem to operate with these types of issues. That is an understandable concern, but if Marrone believes the arrests are less deserving of negative consequences than violating unspecified team rules, then I trust him and I admire him for sticking to his principles even though it may raise some eyebrows on the outside.

I think he meant going forward since they feel it was made light of by SU.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
Exactly. And to those that say the police were wrong on this one, maybe. I haven't made one comment about that. Only that the police are watching this and are not happy.

Oh please... get over it. WE WILL PAY!!!!!! The Syracuse city cops are going to come down on Syracuse football!!!!! WE WILL PAY!!! please
Moronic. There is nothing for me to get over. Get this through your head. I am not making a judgment on whether M.S. should play. Rather, no police force takes people putting their hands on their guys. We'll get that message from them.

Moronic. There is nothing for me to get over. Get this through your head. I am not making a judgment on whether M.S. should play. Rather, no police force takes people putting their hands on their guys. We'll get that message from them.

Thanks tough guy, did you have a tear in your eye when you wrote that. I believe the Syracuse PD has bigger issues to worry about...Maybe this will leave you waxing poetic as well. What. You seem awful sure of yourself as if the cops side of the story is always 100% accurate.. Like I said, quit believing everything you hear from the guy sitting next to you at the bar

Oh please... get over it. WE WILL PAY!!!!!! The Syracuse city cops are going to come down on Syracuse football!!!!! WE WILL PAY!!! please

images

Thanks tough guy, did you have a tear in your eye when you wrote that. I believe the Syracuse PD has bigger issues to worry about...Maybe this will leave you waxing poetic as well. What. You seem awful sure of yourself as if the cops side of the story is always 100% accurate.. Like I said, quit believing everything you hear from the guy sitting next to you at the bar

what part of I wasn't there but the cops were don't you understand? I have no idea what happened. But this isn't from a cop at the end of a bar. Try and listen and think. The cops are angry. That is the important part. they can and will get their vengence. And when they do, you will do what you always do, cry like a little girl. Like when you were ranting about Nassib being the worst qb in syracuse history.

And people gripe about the basketball board? Really?

This thread has turned into a cutting-room-floor script from The Shield.

My original complaint was that Palvin said that Marrone's job is to win and that he was punishing Spruill less because he needed him more to win. He also said that Marrone set up his high standards as a way of running off G-Rob's players. That's what it was supposed to be about.

My original complaint was that Palvin said that Marrone's job is to win and that he was punishing Spruill less because he needed him more to win. He also said that Marrone set up his high standards as a way of running off G-Rob's players. That's what it was supposed to be about.

I think your intent was a great topic, just saying what it has devolved into.

My take on the situation is that I don't know enough to gauge one way or the other, but I trust that Marrone will handle things within striking distance of an appropriate manner.

Oh for christ sake, get over it. Who cares, watch the freaking games. Were you there? Do you have all the details, etc etc. Let the coaches do their jobs and watch the games. I think Marrone has a pretty good track record here. Must be more to the story, if their isn't then it's his call, his career, his team. As a fan I could care less about this stuff anymore.
yep

what part of I wasn't there but the cops were don't you understand? I have no idea what happened. But this isn't from a cop at the end of a bar. Try and listen and think. The cops are angry. That is the important part. they can and will get their vengence. And when they do, you will do what you always do, cry like a little girl. Like when you were ranting about Nassib being the worst qb in syracuse history.

So you have an informant? Was his name Bubs? Did you refer to yourself as McNulty or Bunk and did it involve a wire tap? I AM ANGRY, I WANT VENGENCE, quit watching so much TV.

It appears that many agree with me.

So you have an informant? Was his name Bubs? Did you refer to yourself as McNulty or Bunk and did it involve a wire tap? I AM ANGRY, I WANT VENGENCE, quit watching so much TV.

It appears that many agree with me.
There is nothing to agree with you on. I didn't give an opinion. The police have taken notice on M.S.. There will be payback at some time. And I'm sure people will care when that happens. End of story. Sit with your blinders on. Is nassib still the worst qb in Syracuse history?

There is nothing to agree with you on. I didn't give an opinion. The police have taken notice on M.S.. There will be payback at some time. And I'm sure people will care when that happens. End of story. Sit with your blinders on. Is nassib still the worst qb in Syracuse history?

Not a big fan of blinders only when need be, and they aren't for sitting

I wondered what Moore and Beaulieu must have done to deserve being suspended for the whole game when Spruill will only miss part of the game after being arrested.

His response, (if I understood him correctly) was that in the 'real world' it's all about winning and that Spruill needs to be in there to help us win while Marrone and Beaulieu aren't as important. He asked, (after I got off the air) if anyone would want Nassib or Lemon suspended if they had done what Spruill did. I E-Mailed him that I would like them suspended if they'd done what Spruill did, that if the rules don't apply to everyone on the team, you don't have a team.

He also said that Marrone's insistence on discipline and character was a good way to get rid fo the bad players he inherited from Greg Robinson but he doesn't need that any more because they are gone.

He said that we'll kill West Virginia because they aren't excited enough about being in the game because after starting 5-0, they were hoping for the BCS. (If that's the case, it would appear winning isn't an issue.)
Jimmy Johnson had different rules for good players and bad players, and he did pretty well. Also, you should never believe everything the police say. I would love to hear what witnesses have to say.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Jimmy Johnson had different rules for good players and bad players, and he did pretty well. Also, you should never believe everything the police say. I would love to hear what witnesses have to say.

Jimmy Johnson had different rules for different players in the NFL. A little different.

You forgetting Miami?
At Miami too. And he won. Everyone in the real world is treated in accordance with his value to the organization. The more valuable, the more leeway.

There's really only on way this can end. I'm envisioning a football player screwing up, someone telling Hackett, Hackett blowing it off, the person saying they'll go the police and then Hackett sez...

Kid, I own the police!

Biff-tannen.jpg

At Miami too. And he won. Everyone in the real world is treated in accordance with his value to the organization. The more valuable, the more leeway.

The "real world" just consists of the decisions we make. If a coach decides that the rules should apply equally to everyone, (as they often do). that's the 'real world'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom