All fan vitrol aside | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

All fan vitrol aside

I hate Rutgers but if Uconn comes with them it makes sense.

The great thing is we get to sit back and wait to see who is ADDED to our conference.

I think adding Rutgers is fine simply because the ACC will always need a team to finish dead last in both hoops and football ;)

guys, can we stop with the penn st to the acc or the maryland to the big10 crap, neither is happening.

no one is leaving the big10. no one is leaving the acc (even fsu. why would they?? they will continue to be the lead dog in this new conf, u cant put a price tag on basically a bcs yearly guarantee).

the reason the acc stopped at 14 is for ND. if they come, rutgers comes and thats it. sorry uconn. (we will call that the Kaiser dream scenario). if nd goes to the big10, the acc needs to act fast to get rutgers. last thing the acc needs is nd, mich, ohio state and the boys playing at Giants Stadium every fall and also pushing acc games off the networks in the City. at that point uconn gets the coveted 16th spot.

so my wish list...and what everyones should be...for a 16 team ACC is

1. ND and rut
2. rut and storz

and just to be CLEAR...nd with storz make ZERO sense if rutgers is still on the table.

F Rutgers. Rutgers to the B10 doesn't scare me and it doesnt change the NYC market. The B10 already has a bigger footprint in NYC with PSU. RU sux. Doesnt matter what conference they're in. Don't really think the B10 is that foolish. Rutgers impact to NYC is very over ratede imo.

I actually think Penn State and Notre Dame are the Dream Scenario for the ACC.

If ND is out of the picture, then I would like to see Penn State and UConn as the 15th and 16th members. You lock up Penn State and UConn and you really lock up the eastern seaboard.

B1G will be left scrambling, and either pick up Mizzou or Rutgers to fill in the void left by Penn State.

Penn State is the key to the ACC having every major city from along the Atlantic Coast locked up. That brings a tremendous amount of clout.
agreed--psu is an attraction and i believe would welcome an invite --but i do not see the acc wanting them they would be the premier team with the exception of fsu, and they already sellout every game and have a great deal. the attraction here is geography and sentiment---that may bring them back---but not likely--we missed that bus in the 80's thanks to the big e...

I see no logical scenario where RU is picked for the ACC over UConn. The ACC actually cares about things like basketball and have a bit of snobbish attitude. The people of CT "fit" better than the Jersey Shore crowd at RU.

Because they won't wither away. If not the ACC, they will be in the B10.

I beg to differ. RU would wither away in the B10 (at least competitively). Just like SU (and likely Pitt) would have.

It's also important for a lock down with most recruits - with RU, SU, UConn & BC were also pumping a lot of grads into NYC & greater NE. Sure NYC is a pro town but college sports adds a new dimension - even the Yankees see that otherwise why would they have even considered the Pinstripe bowl. Even the Meadowlands is in play...draws eyes & interest. If we alternate the north & south Bball tournaments to MSG - draws more interest. Just saying...

F Rutgers. Rutgers to the B10 doesn't scare me and it doesnt change the NYC market. The B10 already has a bigger footprint in NYC with PSU. RU sux. Doesnt matter what conference they're in. Don't really think the B10 is that foolish. Rutgers impact to NYC is very over ratede imo.

Bingo!

We all know in the grand scheme of things that the best thing for the ACC and for SU (if they are going to go to 16) is that the 2 best additions are UConn and Rutgers. Texas isn't coming. WVU is likely to the SEC so I don't count them and ND, even if in for all sports, will still get some kind of special treatment for bowls or their TV deals. Screw that. Make it the Atlantic seaboard and be done with it.
I hate Rutgers with a passion. I understand the "protect NYC" argument, but if the ACC is to add ND as a full member and UCONN then with SU, NYC is pretty much locked down. Rutgers is an afterthought in that scenario and the Big 10 can have them.

If ND is off the table, then Rutgers probably makes the most logical sense unless the ACC goes after an SEC team in their geographic footprint that they covet more. Don't know how much sense South Carolina makes but I know that they were once a member of the ACC.

guys, can we stop with the penn st to the acc or the maryland to the big10 crap, neither is happening.

no one is leaving the big10. no one is leaving the acc (even fsu. why would they?? they will continue to be the lead dog in this new conf, u cant put a price tag on basically a bcs yearly guarantee).

the reason the acc stopped at 14 is for ND. if they come, rutgers comes and thats it. sorry uconn. (we will call that the Kaiser dream scenario). if nd goes to the big10, the acc needs to act fast to get rutgers. last thing the acc needs is nd, mich, ohio state and the boys playing at Giants Stadium every fall and also pushing acc games off the networks in the City. at that point uconn gets the coveted 16th spot.

so my wish list...and what everyones should be...for a 16 team ACC is

1. ND and rut
2. rut and storz

and just to be CLEAR...nd with storz make ZERO sense if rutgers is still on the table.

Um when was the last time FSU was the BCS rep for the ACC (06 for those keeping track at home)? A yearly guarantee? Um no ... however you are right neither Maryland, PSU or FSU is changing conferences. The only conferences that stand to lose members at this point is the Big12 and the Big East.

You have to consider the b-ball situation as well as f-ball. The problem with putting together "dream" conferences by assembling the most talented teams together is that some really good teams end up with losing records due to insane competition. That is the only reason the ACC would invite Rutgers - someone has to lose a lot of b-ball games to prevent cannibalism in the new ACC. Inviting UConn would just make the cannibalism worse.
Every class I ever took in high school had a 'class clown' - when I took the honors classes and there were no jersey-shore types admitted, one of the smart kids degenerated to fill the niche of clown. Much as I hate Rutgers, and agree that they don't help the TV market in NYC that much, maybe the ACC should take them just to protect the rest from degenerating. Every league needs at least one bottom feeder to kick around.

Hi, my name is HtownOrange, and I'm and Orange-aholic. (group responds, "Hello, Htown") As much as I dislike the ACC, I would support the Orange even if they were in the WCC or WAC. There, that is off my chest.

PSU is NOT leaving the B1G. Maybe if we could get Michigan and tOSU, but that's not happening, so point is moot.

Rutgers sucks...at everything, except maybe women's basketball.

UConn is built on basketball with football as an after though. This may be Dook's fundamental plan, but otherwise, most of teh ACC takes football somewhat seriously, even Wake won the conference a few years ago.

Texas is a pipe dream, mo reso because they refuse to live with the same deal everyone else gets than for any other reason.

Notre Dame wants to remain independent. I can respect this as they have at least been honest in doing so, heavy handed, but honest.

So who is left in the east coast footprint? WVU, UConn, Rutgers, USF, UCF, FIU, FAU, Temple, ECU, UMass, Marshall

Who is nearby? Louisville, Cincy, remaining MAC schools

WVU is likely headed to the SEC, good choice, though.

No more Florida schools, sorry USF, UCF, FIU, FAU.

No more Carolina Schools, sorry ECU.

No MAC schools, sorry, I'm not sorry.

That leaves UConn, Rutgers, ND, Louisville and Cincy. Temple might get consideration for Philly, but probably not.

If ND refuses, then we will probably seek Rutgers and UConn. Louisville and Cincy deserve AQ status but are hurt by location.

I agree with previous posters that Rutgers does not get us NYC market share. However. it does block the B1G from exposure in NYC (big games in the Meadowlands v. Knights). But if we get ND we don't need Rutgers.

I beg to differ. RU would wither away in the B10 (at least competitively). Just like SU (and likely Pitt) would have.

I meant wither away as in not land in a BCS conference and have to go to the MAC.

Sent from my DROIDX

I think your PSU/Notre Dame impact ideas are a little too high. Close off the regional football schools, and only transient fans will follow those teams PERIOD

The Girls to the Big10 is the best possible outcome. They will have a week long street party in Bloomington Indiana to celebrate the fact that thay are no longer the dregs of FB. It does absolutely nothing to us whatsoever in FB or BB because they are irrlevant. Period, full stop.

UConn and WVU will be 15 and 16 to the ACC. State Penn will continue on the long treadmill to mediocrity.

We all know in the grand scheme of things that the best thing for the ACC and for SU (if they are going to go to 16) is that the 2 best additions are UConn and Rutgers. Texas isn't coming. WVU is likely to the SEC so I don't count them and ND, even if in for all sports, will still get some kind of special treatment for bowls or their TV deals. Screw that. Make it the Atlantic seaboard and be done with it.
Agreed.

ND #15, if they want it...

PSU very unlikely, but it's no secret they haven't enjoyed the same success in the B1G that they had as an independent, and might find again in the ACC north (although if yesterday is any indication, maybe not)...

nobody really wants TX and the additional baggage, as their old SWC and current Big 12 brethren have repeatedly made clear...

then UConn...

and last RU...

just a guess, but clearly ND is the next to be asked and this caught them by surprise so it may take a few days...

and UConn is not preferred over RU because of that b-ball program...

RU's athletic department is anything but solvent, they are merely well placed geographically...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom