All in the family: Jim Boeheim’s nephew joins Syracuse basketball team | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

All in the family: Jim Boeheim’s nephew joins Syracuse basketball team

Best walk-ons(football players don’t count) that I can remember:
-Tyrone Albright
-Ronneil Herron
-Justin Thomas
-The kid who came in when Howard fouled out in the NCAA game 2 years ago(whose name I can’t remember)

The kid from Florida who played in the backcourt with Brandon Knight as a prep. He was a solid player who probably could have been productive at the DII or III level. Bjorn was better though.

Most of these kids are not good players. But the walkons seem to be particularly bad lately. Red's kid and that Paul kid were probably DIII calibre players though. But I'm cool with it so long as their GPAs are good.

1570216433788.jpeg

Ask GMac how that worked out in Scranton. Why would it work in Syracuse?

How about my name sake, Elimu Nelson. He was a walk on who got a scholarship and then was on tv shows. His dad was drove UPS and made stops at my dads shop in Boston. Good guy

I’d grandson is walking on at Duke but who cares, bigger worries this year

-Tyrone Albright
-Ronneil Herron
-Justin Thomas
-The kid who came in when Howard fouled out in the NCAA game 2 years ago(whose name I can’t remember)

His name was Braedon Bayer

Last edited:
-Tyrone Albright
-Ronneil Herron
-Justin Thomas

Ronneil Herron and Andrew Kouwe were the two best shooters at SU I've ever seen. Kids were lights-out in practice, even against scholarship players.

Those guys were terrific practice guys, even if they never saw the court.

Ronneil Herron and Andrew Kouwe were the two best shooters at SU I've ever seen. Kids were lights-out in practice, even against scholarship players.

Those guys were terrific practice guys, even if they never saw the court.

Herron even came in to shoot the FT’s(after either a technical or an injury?) against Michigan State(?) and made them.

i once made a nepotism crack about noah, and i fully admit it was made out of ignorance. i hope to see him at a clipper's game this year & congratulate him personally

They aren't mutually exclusive, though. Noah is incredibly talented and I could see him as a Jim Nantz-level sportscaster one day, but he also is almost certainly benefitting from nepotism in his early 20s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom