All inclusive Marvel thread, MCU, D+ shows, comics and whatever else is nerds desire. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

All inclusive Marvel thread, MCU, D+ shows, comics and whatever else is nerds desire.

As I'm getting my second batch of comics ready to sell off, it turns out that those early Valiant comics have some real nice value.

Sell comics, buy wine. That's the ticket.

Got anything good?
Sold off a lot of my Silver Age Marvels a couple of years ago. We've been cataloguing what I've got left (I collected up through 1992). In doing so, I was surprised by the early Valiant prices. Also have some Marvel books that have increased in value due to all the Marvel movies and TV shows. It's funny--I never bought comics as an investment, but when I realized that neither of my daughters were interested, it's been fun seeing how much hidden treasure I actually had.

One thing I realized in looking back--as creative as Stan Lee was, his dialogue was the drizzling pits. It's why he brought Roy Thomas on board.

I'm into it.

You know what I haven't been as into?

Moon Knight. I thought it has a lot of potential. Still does, it's just slow. Weirdly enough I really don't like Oscar Isaac in it. Usually he's great. In this, I mean... meh.

I'm into it.

Moon Knight. I thought it has a lot of potential. Still does, it's just slow. Weirdly enough I really don't like Oscar Isaac in it. Usually he's great. In this, I mean... meh.
I’m into it more than I though. The kinda darker side and more brutal, obv no where near the marvel Netflix but more than other pieces. And I do love the Egyptian mythology. And I don’t mind Oscar in it. Plays the role nicely and that’s it.

Some people think the missing gods may have already been killed by Gorr.

Which brings me to my next point. Little upset didn’t get a glimpse of Gorr in the teaser.

I'm into it.

Isaac and the Egyptian stuff is the only thing of interest so far. For me it’s Ethan Hawke that just isn’t doing it for me at all.

The CGI is a bit off putting too.

Alright, my verdict is in: Moon Knight sucked.

There was so much potential. And it just did not come together.
I liked it. That’s it. Wanted more godly stuff. And not enough moonknight.

And not one mention of the MCU I can’t recall.

Also I am going to Docter Strange MoM tomo 5pm.
I haven’t even spoiled myself toooo bad yet.

Alright, my verdict is in: Moon Knight sucked.

There was so much potential. And it just did not come together.

I haven't watched the final episode, but I've been underwhelmed. I wouldn't go so far as to say it sucked, but it just didn't do enough for me. Moon Knight what kind of a fringe character anyway, at least from my perspective, and I wanted a lot less mark and Steven, and more konshu and something tangible happening.

I think we're the series went awry is that it just meandered. It's okay to do that when people have a deep connection to the material, but I am guessing that few did in this case.

I think the lack of MCU connection was intentional. I read an article a couple of weeks ago that indicated that they were trying to keep it separate, this is intended to be a one-shot limited series without being part of the broader MCU, etc

Last edited:
I haven't watched the final episode, but I've been underwhelmed. I wouldn't go so far as to say it sucked, but it just didn't do enough for me. Moon Knight what kind of a fringe character anyway, at least from my perspective, and I wanted a lot less mark and Steven, and more konshu and something tangible happening.

I think we're the series went awry is that it just meandered. It's okay to do that when people have a deep connection to the material, but I am guessing that if you did in this case.

I think the lack of MCU connection was intentional. I read an article a couple of weeks ago that indicated that they were trying to keep it separate, this is intended to be a one-shot limited series without being part of the broader MCU, etc
If this was a DC show, it would be getting skewered.

This show just had massive problems. The pacing was awful, the set pieces were cool but made zero sense because the story was all over the place, there was no way to get invested in Steven or Marc so the stakes just didn't matter. Nothing made sense, but not in a fun we're along for the ride kind of way.

Like... what did this show actually do well? Moon Knight looked awesome, and was in costume all of what, like, 10 minutes over the whole run?

This should have been a home run. You've got a really cool looking hero, a potentially fascinating main character due to the split personalities, Egyptian mythology... other than the Egyptian mythology it just feels to me like they whiffed on everything that could have been cool.

And the post credit scene... :fart noise: I don't even care about the characters we spent all out time with, why does this other weirdo matter?

Am I the only one here who went to see "Morbius?" I sincerely hope so.
Yes. I don’t care about it. Thats a Redbox for me. Even tho the flunked those mid and post credit.

Am I the only one here who went to see "Morbius?" I sincerely hope so.
i saw it, it was fine as a movie.. Not sure I was in love with the premise of the char.. But those I talked with who read the comics thought it was pretty well done.

Sitting in theatre in destiny waiting for buddy to show up. Movie starts at 5 no one here yet.

They have a ton of showings today though.

I did cheat a tiny bit on spoilers like superrrr tiny amount and what I saw was what has already been rumored for months.

Will post the spoilery review later.

What to say here?

This is gonna be super jumbled.

Spoiler alert.

LAST CHANCE!!!!

Action packed.
Horror themes are definitely present.
America Chavez was incredible fun. Where her power set came from is a huge mystery as she only exist in the universe she was born into or that we see her in. So her parentage has got to be some seriously power entity.

616 Stephen strange is the usual self.
Scarlett witch was frightening, her powers were offfff the chart and how she wiped the floor with soooo many people was thanos level easy.
Wong was Wong. Good relief and had some good action scenes.
Christine Palmer well we met two of them. The 616 version and another version more on that. The other universe one stole the spotlight obv.
Thanos got some serious mention, more on that too.

No where near the amount of cameos that were talked about.

The illumanti. Well well well. We see the ultron bots and that universes Palmer working at the Baxter foundation, and we see Stephen taken to see the illumanti which yes consist of Prof X, black bolt (played by anson mount from the abc show) captain marvel (lashana lynch, the one from the captain marvel movie. Haley atwell playing captain Britain, mordo that universe socerer supreme, and he’s Reed Richards…..played byyyyy John Kranski who was perfectttttttt. The scarlett witch assault on them was crazyyyyyyyyyy.

The little back story on the illumanti defeat of thanos on titan was super cool glade to have seen some of it.

The little one offs/nods on characters were super fun.

The rumored cameos of alottttt the those other character never happened kinda bummed but what we got was fantastic.

What comes of scarlett witch at the end is seriously interesting don’t know where she stands at the end.

Post credit introduces new character. And sets up DS3 maybe idk.

After credit is a throwaway.

America Chavez opens a hugeeee storrrry now.

Top ten marvel movie. Between 8.6-8.8 I feel.

For those in CNY, tonight is Marvel Super Hero night at the ballpark.

Hope we switch to a multiverse where the Syracuse Mets are good.

If this was a DC show, it would be getting skewered.

This show just had massive problems. The pacing was awful, the set pieces were cool but made zero sense because the story was all over the place, there was no way to get invested in Steven or Marc so the stakes just didn't matter. Nothing made sense, but not in a fun we're along for the ride kind of way.

Like... what did this show actually do well? Moon Knight looked awesome, and was in costume all of what, like, 10 minutes over the whole run?

This should have been a home run. You've got a really cool looking hero, a potentially fascinating main character due to the split personalities, Egyptian mythology... other than the Egyptian mythology it just feels to me like they whiffed on everything that could have been cool.

And the post credit scene... :fart noise: I don't even care about the characters we spent all out time with, why does this other weirdo matter?

I guess my biggest disconnect is I'm not sure why I should care. I think Issac's performance has been good, and he can seamlessly pull off slipping into one character versus the other... even within the same scene.

But beyond those acting chops... what's been the point of this show? I don't even fully understand the conflict -- why is this god being un-tombed so bad? Khonshu seems untrustworthy, so beyond him not wanting that to happen -- what's the issue? And why should I trust him?

Why do I care about Ethan Hawke's character?

The story as presented, in disjointed fashion, just didn't connect with me. Case in point: I've seen the previous 5 episode, one more to go, but I still haven't watched the series finale. Probably will over the weekend, but it doesn't seem like a priority -- the way that WandaVision, Loki, What If etc. were.

I think they botched this one.

Last edited:
I guess my biggest disconnect is I'm not sure why I should care. I think Issac's performance is good, and he can seamlessly pull off slipping into one character versus the other.

But beyond those acting chops... what's been the point of this show? I don't even fully understand the conflict -- why is this god being un-tombed so bad? Khonshu seems untrustworthy, so beyond him ont wanting that to happen -- what's the issue?

Why do I care about Ethan Hawke's character?

The story as presented, in disjointed fashion, just didn't connect with me. Case in point: I've seen the previous 5 episode, one more to go, but I still haven't watched the series finale. Probably will over the weekend, but it doesn't seem like a priority -- the way that WandaVision, Loki, etc. were.

I think they botched this one.
I enjoyed it but def no where near the caliber of the other shows, not even the what if.
They made this sooooo stand alone it was difficult to feel connected at all.
The real investment for me was the MCU and the mythology, and the potential for other Gods or tie-ins.

Not one mention of the Blip, Ironman, thanos, Thor, Wanda/westview, other Gods.

They did release something today saying they wanted to include some other characters from the Eternals as fighting alongside Khonshu at one point in a flashback.

Over all the series it’s a 6.1 and that may be generous.
They should’ve included a better stinger or two if this was the case. A tie in to blade/ghost rider/other gods, black Knight/werewolf dude/ or some other baddie.

What to say here?

This is gonna be super jumbled.

Spoiler alert.

LAST CHANCE!!!!

Action packed.
Horror themes are definitely present.
America Chavez was incredible fun. Where her power set came from is a huge mystery as she only exist in the universe she was born into or that we see her in. So her parentage has got to be some seriously power entity.

616 Stephen strange is the usual self.
Scarlett witch was frightening, her powers were offfff the chart and how she wiped the floor with soooo many people was thanos level easy.
Wong was Wong. Good relief and had some good action scenes.
Christine Palmer well we met two of them. The 616 version and another version more on that. The other universe one stole the spotlight obv.
Thanos got some serious mention, more on that too.

No where near the amount of cameos that were talked about.

The illumanti. Well well well. We see the ultron bots and that universes Palmer working at the Baxter foundation, and we see Stephen taken to see the illumanti which yes consist of Prof X, black bolt (played by anson mount from the abc show) captain marvel (lashana lynch, the one from the captain marvel movie. Haley atwell playing captain Britain, mordo that universe socerer supreme, and he’s Reed Richards…..played byyyyy John Kranski who was perfectttttttt. The scarlett witch assault on them was crazyyyyyyyyyy.

The little back story on the illumanti defeat of thanos on titan was super cool glade to have seen some of it.

The little one offs/nods on characters were super fun.

The rumored cameos of alottttt the those other character never happened kinda bummed but what we got was fantastic.

What comes of scarlett witch at the end is seriously interesting don’t know where she stands at the end.

Post credit introduces new character. And sets up DS3 maybe idk.

After credit is a throwaway.

America Chavez opens a hugeeee storrrry now.

Top ten marvel movie. Between 8.6-8.8 I feel.

Just got back from seeing it. The word incursion being thrown around definitely gives me some comic book feels. Will be interesting to see if that’s where we are headed in this new saga. Almost a secret wars vibe.

I saw the new movie this past weekend. In a world where so many movies are just far too long and filled with stuff we don't need, this movie was refreshing. Pretty crisp 2 hour movie with very few lulls. I've always loved horror movies so I enjoyed some of the elements they brought to this movie, though some of it was frankly stupid in this setting (i.e. the Wanda zombie limp when she can literally fly).

I found the music fight to be both a pretty cool creative choice but also just kinda dumb.

My main complaint about the movie would probably be:

I get the whole "dark hold" thing, but it's frustrating to me that this movie essentially undid all of the character development we saw from Wanda in Wandavision. The fact that we went from her learning to accept the loss of Vision, and in doing so, also the loss of her children, to this movie where she goes on a murdering rampage because she misses her kids (and seemingly doesn't care about finding a Vision that exists in a different multiverse?) is just tough to reconcile. I'm not a comic book guy, but the "dark hold" explanation is just very hand-wavey. And the absence of Vision in a movie where Wanda is searching for the people she loves is just really odd to me. I don't know if they just couldn't get Paul Bettany to return, but maybe they should have built the movie around a different idea entirely if that were the case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom