All inclusive Marvel thread, MCU, D+ shows, comics and whatever else is nerds desire. | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

All inclusive Marvel thread, MCU, D+ shows, comics and whatever else is nerds desire.

Ranking the movies and TV shows that have come out since End Game, I think I would go:
  1. Spider-Man: No Way Home
  2. Wandavision
  3. Hawkeye
  4. Loki
  5. Spider-Man: Far From Home
  6. Shang-Chi
  7. Dr. Strange
  8. Moon Knight
  9. Eternals
  10. Black Widow
  11. Falcon & Winter Soldier
  12. What If

Last edited:
Ranking the movies and TV shows that have come out since End Game, I think I would go:
  1. Spider-Man
  2. Wandavision
  3. Hawkeye
  4. Loki
  5. Shang-Chi
  6. Dr. Strange
  7. Moon Knight
  8. Eternals
  9. Black Widow
  10. Falcon & Winter Soldier
  11. What If
Gotta add in far from gone

2. Wandavision
  3. Hawkeye
  4. Loki
  5. Spider-Man: Far From Home
  6. Shang-Chi
  7. Dr. Strange
  8. Moon Knight
  9. Eternals
  10. Black Widow
  11. Falcon & Winter Soldier
  12. What If

2. Dr. Strange - Multiverse
  3. Wandavision
  4. What If
  5. Shang-Chi
  6. Loki
  7. Black Widow
  8. Falcon & Winter Soldier
  9. Hawkeye
  10. Spider-Man: Far From Home
  11. Eternals
  12. Moon Knight

6 - 9 were tough -- kind of interchangeable IMO in that grouping. I thought Loki was kind of boring, then pulled it together at the end and had massive significance. Enjoyed both Black Widow and Falcon & Winter Soldier, but they were basically both 100% action-oriented and some of the others were a bit more enjoyable. I enjoyed Shang-Chi more than most seemed to, but it had almost zero connection to the MCU [beyond the 10 rings group] until that mid-credits scene.

This def looks better than the reports that were coming out that it was a mess.

Will tune in. I wonder what Abomination is up to. And I don’t know if that’s wrecking crew or someone else in that fight.

Wait. Titania is the villain, or at least she’s in this. So this will be interesting who else shows up

Last edited:
This def looks better than the reports that were coming out that it was a mess.

Will tune in. I wonder what Abomination is up to. And I don’t know if that’s wrecking crew or someone else in that fight.

Wait. Titania is the villain, or at least she’s in this. So this will be interesting who else shows up
Tatiana Maslany is a good actress. She could singlehandedly save the show.

I'd be her She Hulk's short king.

Don't even think my wife would mind.

I have to admit I was lost in Loki and even more lost in moon knight. I’m not a huge marvel guy, but those through me for a loop. Kids liked them, but I could stay awake.

Don't watch every last bit of Marvel content, but saw the Dr. Strange movie and thought it was pretty good. Raimi/Toby McGuire spiderman movies were obsessions for kids my age growing up, and any scene from those gives me a wave of nostalgia. Him directing it is the main reason I made a point to see this one. This doesn't spoil anything but those scenes where Wanda sticks her hand into a solid object and it goes through it like it is a pool of water were clear references to Evil Dead, his classic breakout film. Thought his style got overshadowed by Marvel antics at times but there were some scenes/moments where his identity shined through. Should have definitely tried to release this around Halloween, but with covid it is possible they couldn't swing it.

2 hours but I got bored at times due to Marvel sensory overload. This has happened a lot with recent marvel stuff. During action scenes instead of riding the insane wave I mentally check out. Besides that there were still some fantastic visual moments that had nothing to do with CGI. Could probably credit those to Raimi/the massive budgets.

I thought DR strange was pretty good.. I did think it had some moments that were a bit extended and It seemed like scarlet witch is now the strongest thing in the world for awhile. a few of the visuals were a bit tripy, but it still found the time for some nice humor moments.

Get ready for the new trailer for love and thunder tonight.
Released during game 4.

Well. I enjoyed the first episode of Ms Marvel. Just wanna see how they make her sense of her powers.
And there’s a rumored cameo coming and it’s not who we would’ve ever believed. Said canes was leaked in the rolling credits.

Well. I enjoyed the first episode of Ms Marvel. Just wanna see how they make her sense of her powers.
And there’s a rumored cameo coming and it’s not who we would’ve ever believed. Said canes was leaked in the rolling credits.
Really fun artistic stuff going on in that first episode. The scene with them riding their bikes was particularly cool.

Well, saw Love and Thunder. And I really liked it. Might have suffered from being to short actually. Would’ve loved to see more Gorr, very well played by Bale. Very creepy.

Jane Portman as The Might Thor was straight outta the comics.

Val was the usual. Different. She still kicks ass , and I love her character.

So when I said see more of Gorr, we didn’t see him kill any gods other than the one from his home, would’ve loved to see him actually take out some of those gods that would’ve been fantastic.

Jamie Alexander brought back…..for whattttttt? Those two scenes?

Guardians stuff was on point, loved every second of their scenes in the beginning.

The gods. Well the council of gods is what I’m calling it and that was incredible. I know someone out there has been trying to figure out the gods there I that scene. And when Zeus, which was a goofy play, but serious when needed, mentioned that Gorr had already killed some gods, I would’ve loved to know which ones.
And that fight scene there was awesome.

Mid credit. The introduction of Herc was a pleasure to all. Let’s goooo!
Post credit was touching and interesting. I don’t think there’s gonna be a play on Valhalla.

Some questions I wish there was more story on the necrosword. I know it came from Knull but wish there was a mention of it or at least more history.

Holy hell the scene at the temple with the watcher, Living tribunal, protege, death and eternity was stellar and the actually scene wit eternity was almost jaw dropping.
The cosmic side is realllllly being brought up in this phase.

The Matt Dillion, Sam Neil, Liam Hemsworth stuff was great. There was another guy with Dillion who looked very family can’t remember his name.

The return of Gorr daughter is veryyy interesting as there’s no comic counterpart.

I’m going with a 8.2 for now.

M also telling you now. Comic con for marvel will be insane. It seems the heading towards some footage reveals or casting announcements, new projects.

If nothing big comes from this then it’s coming from D23.

But I expect some big stuff coming.

Really enjoyed Thor Love and Thunder.

Also I'm really leaning toward Ms. Marvel being my favorite of the Disney+ Marvel shows.

Finally watched Dr Strange MoM. Quite honestly it was ok at best. I’ve had it with this multiverse crap. If they did it in Star Wars, you’d have Anakin running a home for battered women or something ridiculous. The only redeeming thing is Elizabeth Olsen.

6F4717C1-EA55-4DAC-8C46-07021A571081.jpeg
98D74B45-C877-4B8D-93A6-482A1A10E1B6.jpeg

High hopes for the MCU iteration of Fantastic Four. Grew up loving those characters as much as any in books or movies.
Rumor is John Krasinski will not be Reed Richards. I’m hearing Penn Badgley of You fame is the guy they really want.

High hopes for the MCU iteration of Fantastic Four. Grew up loving those characters as much as any in books or movies.
I have mixed feelings about Fantastic Four.

They're such a product of their times. I think a F4 movie set in the 60s would be incredible, and there's so much fun you could have with the aesthetic. Plus the MCU hasn't really explored that time period.

I've actually spent way too much time thinking about this and have even outlined a script. See, the thing with the F4 is they're ok as a team, but what you really need is a proper Dr. Doom as a foil to Reed Richards, which played right, is played as a pompous tool and Richards' intellectual arrogance drives everything for better or worse.

It works like this - the movie begins with a montage of the F4's origin story done in classic Jack Kirby style visuals, and snippets of life after getting powers - defeating the Mole Man, Sue as the face of the women's lib movement, Benjamin J. Grimm the ever lovin' blue-eyed thing as a black panther, Johnny filming a beach movie, more clips of the F4 defeating their rogues gallery, maybe a team up with Ant-Man since we know he was active then, etc. And interspersed in all of this are news clippings of incredible things happening in Latveria - major advances in medicine and technology, the population thriving, things that imply the influence of Victor Von Doom.

Here's the A plot - in the movie itself, the F4 have things figured out. They're thriving as heroes and individuals in their respective fields of interest. Reed Richards starts to catch wind of the advancements being made by Doom, and is initially a little threatened, but comes around to the idea that they should be allies and put their minds together. Particularly on the one problem that he's never been able to solve - how to turn the Thing back into a normal person.

So Doom is invited to the US on a diplomatic mission. The US isn't sure what to make of him. We discover that Latveria is thriving, but Doom's rise to prominence is a little unsettling, and while benevolent, it appears that he's functioning as a dictator. The entourage of Doom bots he brings as a protective security force is also a little unsettling. Still, he is clearly not evil, and he offers to share some of the medicine and technology he's developed in exchange for cooperation with the US as a world power.

Reed and the F4 meet Doom as part of the diplomatic mission and for a scientific meeting of the minds. Doom casually passes the Thing a gift - some pills he created for him in case he ever wants to become human again. They all laugh at the absurdity of Doom proposing a solution to the problem Reed has never solved but Doom simply offers a friendly smile. Thinking nothing of it, the Thing pops the pills into his mouth.

While touring the Baxter building with Doom the Thing comments that his stomach is feeling a little upset (what was in those pills anyway, doc?) and excuses himself. He doesn't get far and passes out, and his body begins to shudder. Little by little, he sheds the rocks that have made up his exterior until he's revealed to be his normal human self again. Needless to say, everyone is shocked, and Reed is baffled. How did Doom succeed where he had failed, and with a fraction of the information Reed had on hand?

The team dynamic begins to crumble. The Thing is thrilled to be back to himself, but disturbed that Reed is infatuated with Doom and appears to not even care that the Thing is himself again. Sue is disgusted with Reed's obsession, and Johnny is concerned about the optics of the Fantastic Four now being a Fantastic Three, which also puts the Thing further on the outs.

Amid this, the F4 encounter a threat unlike any they have before - the Salem Seven (which tie in very nicely to Agatha Harkness, and are a deep pull from the F4 archives). Their powers suddenly seem useless and inadequate in the face of magic, and the Thing experiences the terror of realizing that without his powers he's unable to protect his team. Doom returns and defeats the Salem Seven singlehandedly, using magic reminiscent of what we've seen from Dr. Strange, as Reed realizes that he hasn't been losing to Doom on science, but due to Doom's unprecedented blend of scientific progress aided by magic.

The Thing asks Doom if he can be made back into the Thing, and Doom gives him another set of pills to turn him back, which he had always created as a counterpart to the original pills, just in case. Reed is baffled by the ease of this and unsettled by Doom even more now that he knows magic is likely involved.

Fresh off the battle with the Salem Seven, the F4 and Doom get news that an anomaly in space has been detected sending a message that appears to threaten the earth, and requests a meeting with their world's most powerful beings. The F4 are asked by the government if they're willing to explore as they represent humanity's best chance to understand the anomaly and are representative of the most powerful. Hesitant, they accept when Doom courageously volunteers.

The team is frazzled, and not sure about Doom, especially given the relationship he has with magic and the unknown, but its off to space they go, where they meet the alien entity Galactus, devourer of worlds. Galactus explains that he has scoured the universe for life fit for his consumption, and has settled on earth as the next planet under evaluation. Galactus explains that earth is not yet "ripe" and he will revisit earth at a later time to partake. The F4 try to argue with Galactus while Doom passively observes, and Galactus leaves the solar system with his decree made.

Meanwhile, a handful of people including JFK overhead the conversation with Galactus having been tapped into the shuttle's communications system. Realizing that the world will panic, and that the earth currently has no ability to defend itself from a threat of this nature, they agree to keep it quiet, and share that in their hopes of creating another Captain America, a new theory has been advanced. Why turn a living man into a superior man, when you can make the man great from birth through genetics? Combining the powers of their scientists with the minds of Richards and Doom, a discovery is made to mutate genes in the human population (you see where this is going).

Realizing that war for the existence of earth is coming, the F4, Doom, and the US government make the decision that knowledge of Galactus' future return is too dangerous for the world. But how can they trust that the small circle of people that know will keep it quiet. Doom proposes a spell we've already encountered in the MCU, and that Doom, the F4, all of the scientists on the mutation project, and anyone else connected to the space mission, all have a spell cast to be forgotten (explaining why no record exists of the F4 and Doom in the world's history), while the F4 and Doom work on their own to explore other means to acquire power on earth to combat Galactus while mutation takes hold and a new generation of heroes can emerge powerful enough to combat Galactus.

The F4 and Doom part ways - the F4 to explore the quantum zone and what secrets it may provide to protect the earth, and Doom to explore the negative zone. In the course of their exploration, the F4's work is interrupted, and they are suddenly teleported to an empty planet where they see a single figure off in the distance. It's Doom, but in a form they don't recognize. Suddenly, other people appear on the planet. They are all on Battleword, setting up...

Secret Wars.

Last edited:
  1. I have mixed feelings about Fantastic Four.

They're such a product of their times. I think a F4 movie set in the 60s would be incredible, and there's so much fun you could have with the aesthetic. Plus the MCU hasn't really explored that time period.

I've actually spent way too much time thinking about this and have even outlined a script. See, the thing with the F4 is they're ok as a team, but what you really need is a proper Dr. Doom as a foil to Reed Richards, which played right, is played as a pompous tool and Richards' intellectual arrogance drives everything for better or worse.

It works like this - the movie begins with a montage of the F4's origin story done in classic Jack Kirby style visuals, and snippets of life after getting powers - defeating the Mole Man, Sue as the face of the women's lib movement, Benjamin J. Grimm the ever lovin' blue-eyed thing as a black panther, Johnny filming a beach movie, more clips of the F4 defeating their rogues gallery, maybe a team up with Ant-Man since we know he was active then, etc. And interspersed in all of this are news clippings of incredible things happening in Latveria - major advances in medicine and technology, the population thriving, things that imply the influence of Victor Von Doom.

Here's the A plot - in the movie itself, the F4 have things figured out. They're thriving as heroes and individuals in their respective fields of interest. Reed Richards starts to catch wind of the advanced being made by Doom, and is initially a little threatened, but comes around to the idea that they should be allies and put their minds together. Particularly on the one problem that he's never been able to solve - how to turn the Thing back into a normal person.

So Doom is invited to the US on a diplomatic mission. The US isn't sure what to make of him. We discover that Latveria is thriving, but Doom's rise to prominence is a little unsettling, and while benevolent, it appears that he's functioning as a dictator. The entourage of Doom bots he brings as a protective security force is also a little unsettling. Still, he is clearly not evil, and he offers to share some of the medicine and technology he's developed in exchange for cooperation with the US as a world power.

Reed and the F4 meet Doom as part of the diplomatic mission and for a scientific meeting of the minds. Doom casually passes the Thing a gift - some pills he created for him in case he ever wants to become human again. They all laugh at the absurdity of Doom proposing a solution to the problem Reed has never solved but Doom simply offers a friendly smile. Thinking nothing of it, the Thing pops the pills into his mouth.

While touring the Baxter building with Doom the Thing comments that his stomach is feeling a little upset (what was in those pills anyway, doc?) and excuses himself. He doesn't get far and passes out, and his body begins to shudder. Little by little, he sheds the rocks that have made up his exterior until he's revealed to be his normal human self again. Needless to say, everyone is shocked, and Reed is baffled. How did Doom succeed where he had failed, and with a fraction of the information Reed had on hand?

The team dynamic begins to crumble. The Thing is thrilled to be back to himself, but disturbed that Reed is infatuated with Doom and appears to not even care that the Thing is himself again. Sue is disgusted with Reed's obsession, and Johnny is concerned about the optics of the Fantastic Four now being a Fantastic Three, which also puts the Thing further on the outs.

Amid this, the F4 encounter a threat unlike any they have before - the Salem Seven (which tie in very nicely to Agatha Harkness, and are a deep pull from the F4 archives). Their powers suddenly seem useless and inadequate in the face of magic, and the Thing experiences the terror of realizing that without his powers he's unable to protect his team. Doom returns and defeats the Salem Seven singlehandedly, using magic reminiscent of what we've seen from Dr. Strange, as Reed realizes that he hasn't been losing to Doom on science, but due to Doom's unprecedented blend of scientific progress aided by magic.

The Thing asks Doom if he can be made back into the Thing, and Doom gives him another set of pills to turn him back, which he had always created as a counterpart to the original pills, just in case. Reed is baffled by the ease of this and unsettled by Doom even more now that he knows magic is likely involved.

Fresh off the battle with the Salem Seven, the F4 and Doom get news that an anomaly in space has been detected sending a message that appears to threaten the earth, and requests a meeting with their world's most powerful beings. The F4 are asked by the government if they're willing to explore as they represent humanity's best chance to understand the anomaly and are representative of the most powerful. Hesitant, they accept when Doom courageously volunteers.

The team is frazzled, and not sure about Doom, especially given the relationship he has with magic and the unknown, but its off to space they go, where they meet the alien entity Galactus, devourer of worlds. Galactus explains that he has scoured the universe for life fit for his consumption, and has settled on earth as the next planet under evaluation. Galactus explains that earth is not yet "ripe" and he will revisit earth at a later time to partake. The F4 try to argue with Galactus while Doom passively observes, and Galactus leaves the solar system with his decree made.

Meanwhile, a handful of people including JFK overhead the conversation with Galactus having been tapped into the shuttle's communications system. Realizing that the world will panic, and that the earth currently has no ability to defend itself from a threat of this nature, they agree to keep it quiet, and share that in their hopes of creating another Captain America, a new theory has been advanced. Why turn a living man into a superior man, when you can make the man great from birth through genetics? Combining the powers of their scientists with the minds of Richards and Doom, a discovery is made to mutate genes in the human population (you see where this is going).

Realizing that war for the existence of earth is coming, the F4, Doom, and the US government make the decision that knowledge of Galactus' future return is too dangerous for the world. But how can they trust that the small circle of people that know will keep it quiet. Doom proposes a spell we've already encountered in the MCU, and that Doom, the F4, all of the scientists on the mutation project, and anyone else connected to the space mission, all have a spell cast to be forgotten (explaining why no record exists of the F4 and Doom in the world's history), while the F4 and Doom work on their own to explore other means to acquire power on earth to combat Galactus while mutation takes hold and a new generation of heroes can emerge powerful enough to combat Galactus.

The F4 and Doom part ways - the F4 to explore the quantum zone and what secrets it may provide to protect the earth, and Doom to explore the negative zone. In the course of their exploration, the F4's work is interrupted, and they are suddenly teleported to an empty planet where they see a single figure off in the distance. It's Doom, but in a form they don't recognize. Suddenly, other people appear on the planet. They are all on Battleword, setting up...

Secret Wars.

Well thougt, well written!
Your ideas got we wondering for hours how they will be integrated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom