All inclusive Marvel thread, MCU, D+ shows, comics and whatever else is nerds desire. | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

All inclusive Marvel thread, MCU, D+ shows, comics and whatever else is nerds desire.

my understanding is that the variety of powers is there, but they're diluted. That's why the extremis powers didn't overcome the blast to the chest

So, I just caught up. Can see why this series wasn't well received. But I have a question

Seems kind of goofy that they basically just recreated another Captain Marvel. But what you're suggesting makes sense -- that she has all of these abilities, but perhaps not as potent as the originals. Is that how it works with the actual Super Skrull from the comics -- i.e., he has the F4's powers, but not as strong as them?

And basically, they used that same concept but instead of the Fantastic Four they blended the powers of the Avengers? It was really hard to tell what was happening in that fight scene, to be honest [beyond the clear Captain Marvel powers].

So, I just caught up. Can see why this series wasn't well received. But I have a question

Seems kind of goofy that they basically just recreated another Captain Marvel. But what you're suggesting makes sense -- that she has all of these abilities, but perhaps not as potent as the originals. Is that how it works with the actual Super Skrull from the comics -- i.e., he has the F4's powers, but not as strong as them?

And basically, they used that same concept but instead of the Fantastic Four they blended the powers of the Avengers? It was really hard to tell what was happening in that fight scene, to be honest [beyond the clear Captain Marvel powers].
I'm not really sure how super skrull works in the comics to be honest.

Anyway, I've been thinking a little about what could have made Secret Invasion better, and I'm convinced that the show just showed way too much of the Skrulls and what they're doing.

You could have all of the same major events and plot points in the show, but from the angle that you, and the characters outside of Talos, are never sure if they're interacting with humans, or with a skrull. Really ramp up the paranoia and mystery.

There’s still gonna be skrulls in hiding. Question running rampant when the two big people were replaced.
In the comics is was like the skrulls could use the powers but not 100% of the powers.

And honestly I liked it. But it should’ve been a two part avenger movie. The comic was balls to the walls awesome.

Just finished gotg 3 and liked it more than I thought I would. Good flick. Interested to see what’s next.

Also watched guardians3 last night. We liked it very much. More straight forward stuff like what has worked in the past. I’m so sick of multiverse stuff.

Also watched guardians3 last night. We liked it very much. More straight forward stuff like what has worked in the past. I’m so sick of multiverse stuff.
Really?

Thought it was flimsy. Enjoyable due to the happy ending / sendoff, but horribly thin plot.

Really?

Thought it was flimsy. Enjoyable due to the happy ending / sendoff, but horribly thin plot.
I think it was wise but also kinda weak that they basically
just kept the bad guy’s characterization simply an animal abuser so they didn’t really need to work hard on developing him because everyone naturally hates animal abusers.

It was fine. I think it’s comfortably top 2 or 3 movie post End Game and I’d say it’s more the quality of film we had come to expect from the MCU, which can’t be taken for granted in light of how things are going.

I have high hopes for The Marvels.
I am very nervous about it after Secret Invasion fell apart. Hopefully it’s a movie that ends up being better than expected because it feels like most people have pretty low expectations at this point. I don’t think they’re the most popular characters to begin with either.

My expectations for the marvels is veryyyyyyy low. Im not expecting much.
This could be where we get our first F4 Easter egg tho.

There’s a few pieces coming that may be good some that I don’t care about.

Blue Beetle is really good. Extremely entertaining. Surprising emotional range. Actual chemistry between the actors playing as the family, and between Xolo Meriduena and Bruna Marquezine. George Lopez his hilarious. I laughed, I cried, I felt like it was a great way to spend 2 hours of my day off.

Blue Beetle is really good. Extremely entertaining. Surprising emotional range. Actual chemistry between the actors playing as the family, and between Xolo Meriduena and Bruna Marquezine. George Lopez his hilarious. I laughed, I cried, I felt like it was a great way to spend 2 hours of my day off.
This makes me so happy to see. Was really hoping Blue Beetle might be the breakthrough for DC; he's a fun character.

So, I have to bring it up.

Loki Season 2 is knocking it out of the park.
Im enjoying it more than Season 1, which was pretty good on its own. Hopefully it similarly sticks the landing the way season 1 did.

Was just thinking about Endgame: seems that Hawkeye and Black Widow accepted the soul stone sacrifice story a little easy. Would've been a futile effort, but they could've at least tried to force the Red Skull to turn it over instead of just jumping to suicide.

It’s sad how some editor saw the Marvels and released whatever I just watched. How the mighty have fallen :(

So, Loki is the Three Eyed Raven now?

I've seen speculation the finale either sets up Kang as the Big Bad going forward OR sidelines him.

So, Loki is the Three Eyed Raven now?

I've seen speculation the finale either sets up Kang as the Big Bad going forward OR sidelines him.
Definitely feels like they can take it whatever direction they deem appropriate.

That was a hell of a finale.

Just watched The Marvels. To be kind, I didn’t like it. Almost no emotional connection was established for any of the characters.

Full disclosure: I really disliked Ms. Marvel and could not get through that show.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom