All of the complaining about Lville's seed | Syracusefan.com

All of the complaining about Lville's seed

Briancuse

Living Legend
I really don't understand why all of the so called experts are so baffled by Lville getting a 4.

16 of their wins came against teams 150 and below in the rpi. Their best non conf win was against Cornell, and the bottom of the American Conf was really bad this year. I think a 4 is very fair for them.

I really don't understand why all of the so called experts are so baffled by Lville getting a 4.

16 of their wins came against teams 150 and below in the rpi. Their best non conf win was against Cornell, and the bottom of the American Conf was really bad this year. I think a 4 is very fair for them.

This is where the eye test really comes into play in my opinion. If you're an opposing team right now, would you rather play a struggling 'Cuse as a 3 or a hot L'ville as a 4? I think most would rather play us in that scenario...

As someone who is probably picking them to win it all, I agree. The body of work just isn't there. Of course if the same committee is going to give UVA a #1...the claims of hypocrisy are fair.

As someone who is probably picking them to win it all, I agree. The body of work just isn't there. Of course if the same committee is going to give UVA a #1...the claims of hypocrisy are fair.

that is why I gave Michigan last 1 seed

I don't even care about seeding, its all about matchups and locations. My Duke fan buddy thought they should be a 2 seed and lville should be seeded higher. I replied I would rather be a 3 or 4 in ours, duke, or lvilles bracket than have novas 2 seed. The bottom half of that bracket is rediculous.

This is where the eye test really comes into play in my opinion. If you're an opposing team right now, would you rather play a struggling 'Cuse as a 3 or a hot L'ville as a 4? I think most would rather play us in that scenario...

I would much rather play us right now, but judging both teams resumes, who deserved the better seed?

orangecuse said:

The eye test fails. A lot.

So they scrubbed the deck with Rutgers? Who doesn't? You have to judge them by their full résumé.

The Ville crying is making itself a primo reason why I think they get upset. Don't piss off the gods!

The Ville crying is making itself a primo reason why I think they get upset. Don't piss off the gods!

Rumor has it Pitino stormed out of their viewing party because he was so mad over being a 4.

Does UConn or other AAC fans want Louisville to do well for the conference? After all they are leaving anyway.

The AAC got a message sent to them today. Unfortunately for Ville they got caught up in that

Since UVA was brought up in this thread, here's where the hoos stand vs the field using rpi rankings. I'm using the realtimerpi.com numbers.

1-25: 2-3
26-50: 3-1
51-99: 8-2
100-199: 7-0
200+: 8-0

Best thing I can say about them is they didn't have any sub 100 losses, and with their ACC schedule they had plenty of chances. Only 1 of their 100-199 wins was vs. a lower than 150 team, so 9 of their wins were against sub 150 teams. UVA's best OOC was SMU. Still think Michigan winning the B1G by 3 games should have got the other #1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom