All signs pointing to Pinstripe Bowl | Syracusefan.com

All signs pointing to Pinstripe Bowl

I tell you what. If WVU and Pitt are a potential matchup for the Pinstripe Bowl (purely for ticket sales alone) and Cincy is gobbled up by the Belk bowl where does that leave us? Compass bowl? Something to think about.

No one wanted to say it but the Compass Bowl was always in play. We were never headed to Orlando and the Belk is apparently going to take Cincy, and WVU sucking this year has put Pitt in play for the Pinstripe. Ugh pretty shitty if you ask me.

I don't see any way WVU falls all the way to the Pinstripe. Why is no one talking about this?

Compass would be an unfortunate landing spot for upstate NY SU fans and the team. We like warm in Dec. but also a good travel destination. NYC provides the destination and easy travel but no warm. Travel is the key for the Pinstripe along with good exposure to a major recruiting territory. Orlando is more travel but a good, warm destination and FL is a key recruiting territory. Birmingham is not easy travel, not a recruiting territory, nor a good trip/vacation destination.

I just don't see the huge crowd for a Backyard Brawl renewal at the Pinstripe. There's no interest in Pitt football and West Virginia has had a disappointing year. Way overblown.

From a personal standpoint I wouldn't mind the Compass Bowl...only 4 1/2 hours from me. However, not entirely thrilled with having to actually stay over night in Birmingham...

ive been so focused on all you crack smokers thinking russell or maybe belk, i forgot to look behind Syracuse and the Pinstripe.

yep, its real possibility the Yankees will want a different team their little bowl. last thing they will want is to be pigeonholed as the bowl Cuse goes to when they cant make a top tier bowl.

this is not the Syracuse Invitational, this the PINSTRIPE Bowl.

whens the compass?? next week??? :noidea:

Oh Lord

Blech to Birmingham, AL. St. Petersburg would be better. Once you get below the Pinstripe, the name of the bowl is unimportant.

ive been so focused on all you crack smokers thinking russell or maybe belk, i forgot to look behind Syracuse and the Pinstripe.

yep, its real possibility the Yankees will want a different team their little bowl. last thing they will want is to be pigeonholed as the bowl Cuse goes to when they cant make a top tier bowl.

this is not the Syracuse Invitational, this the PINSTRIPE Bowl.

whens the compass?? next week??? :noidea:

Oh Lord

BBVA Compass
Big East vs. SEC Birmingham, Ala.
Legion Field
Jan. 5
1 p.m. ESPN

why is it preordained that the Belk Bowl is going to take Cincy? do they travel well? would think Syracuse would be a better option for them with all the NY transplants living in NC/SC/GA

I just don't see the huge crowd for a Backyard Brawl renewal at the Pinstripe. There's no interest in Pitt football and West Virginia has had a disappointing year. Way overblown.
This is one of the few times they'll ever play again. There will be a huge crowd for sure.

Blech to Birmingham, AL. St. Petersburg would be better. Once you get below the Pinstripe, the name of the bowl is unimportant.

I'd take a game against the SEC over a game against CUSA any day of the week. Hope the SEC has enough bowl eligible teams to fill the slot, I think they do.

To me, Beef O' Brady is the only disaster situation in all of this.

What if Cincy loses to uconn aren't we belk bound?

If an 8-4 (4-3) Cincy team, losing 2 of 3, is more attractive than a 7-5 (5-2) SU team, winning 3 straight and 5 of 6, for a game in Charlotte, then I.give.up.

I tell you what. If WVU and Pitt are a potential matchup for the Pinstripe Bowl (purely for ticket sales alone) and Cincy is gobbled up by the Belk bowl where does that leave us? Compass bowl? Something to think about.
Possibly against Ole Miss who was 6-6 and lost 3 of their last 4 games. But two of those losses were to LSU & Georgia. Their signature win was against #24 Miss St 41-24 last week. That bowl takes place in 38 days.

Schedule

The big East is 5-1 in this bowl. The only loss coming last year by Pitt vs SMU 28-6

More about the Compass Bowl

Official Site

As somebody who actually likes WFVU, you are high if you do not think the WVU fans will not bus into NYC to watch that game. The hatred for Pitt in ole Morgantown is pretty much unparalleled by almost every other school. They still chant eat stuff Pitt regularly at their games and they're in the Big 12. Now I can't speak for Pitt fans (who are extremely disinterested at the moment) but they would more likely show up versus the mountaineers than any other school. I think there would be a pretty strong turn-out, predominantly WVU fans.

From a personal standpoint I wouldn't mind the Compass Bowl...only 4 1/2 hours from me. However, not entirely thrilled with having to actually stay over night in Birmingham...
I'm with ya. If it's not going to be Pinstripe I'm good with this bowl Better day and date, cheaper flights, count me in for that one. Not so sure the others.

I would be surprised if the best team in the BE fell all the way to the NSEW bowl.

I would be surprised if the best team in the BE fell all the way to the NSEW bowl.

I wouldn't, how soon your forget SU's prior luck with the bowl system. If WVU slides to the pinstripe were all but assured the compass.