All the guard talk aside... | Syracusefan.com

All the guard talk aside...

orange03

Starter
I'd love to get Fab some looks down low. At some point we're going to have to show the ability to score inside. Would love for the offense to go through him the next couple weeks.

Id like to see all our bigs get some low block touches. Especially Kjo ans CJ. You dont have to be a 5 to have a back to the basket game. Hell, let Triche post up some smaller guards like Mark Jackson always used to back in the day.

Id like to see all our bigs get some low block touches. Especially Kjo ans CJ. You dont have to be a 5 to have a back to the basket game. Hell, let Triche post up some smaller guards like Mark Jackson always used to back in the day.

Agree, it would do wonders for our offense is we had a guy who could score on the blocks or at least get to the line a lot.

Sure, but does Melo have that type of low post game at this point? He is scoring off alley-oops or a very occasional jumper. He will overpower some defenders, but not with crafty moves inside. Best post move against Fordham was by Christmas.

Sure, but does Melo have that type of low post game at this point? He is scoring off alley-oops or a very occasional jumper. He will overpower some defenders, but not with crafty moves inside. Best post move against Fordham was by Christmas.

Not sure, but now's the time to find out. He's shown that he's capable of passing out of the post so the bigger a threat he is the more it would benefit everybody. If he could develop a baby hook, he would become a nightmare to defend.

Offense from a center in the 2-3 has never really been of importance. And when i think about it in jb's tenure we havnt had to many threats offensively from a center. But the option that we have now makes us a very difficult team to play.

Otis Hill and AO were excellent low post scorers. Don't think it's a coincidence that we had great years during their time here. I know that CMelo was a wing, but he was one of the better back to basket scorers we've had here. His ability to score inside is what us and him so dangerous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom