All you need to know about UK fans | Syracusefan.com

All you need to know about UK fans

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
From Rupp Rafters:

The experts are wrong - fusion energy really is possible. Don't believe me? Just look at how the Big East self-generates more NCAA Tournament invitations than their performance warrants. It's a wonder of modern science.

Right now, Syracuse is the only team that clearly belongs in the Tournament.

Marquette? Really? Ok, but maybe a 7-seed. UofL? Better win a few more games. Notre Dame? Had a really nice stretch (against other Big East teams) but is now regressing to their mean.

Georgetown? Well, they did beat Bama at Bama, but MAN! are they inconsistent.

UCONN. Not if you base it on performance. I still don't know how it's physically possible for that roster to play that poorly.

USF? Please. Another Big East fusion energy creation who made their rep beating other Big East teams.

At best, they deserve four teams.

I don't wholly disagree with what he's saying there ...

I think we deserve more than 4 teams, but are we deserving of 7 or 8? I dunno about that. It'll be extremely embarassing if we (the Big East) have another flameout in the tournament like last year...

I think we deserve more than 4 teams, but are we deserving of 7 or 8? I dunno about that. It'll be extremely embarassing if we (the Big East) have another flameout in the tournament like last year...
Is the BE deserving of 7 or 8 teams? Maybe not, but boy is it hard to find other teams more deserving... As has been repeated many times here, the bubble is incredibly soft this year.

And while last years tourney results were a bit of a disappointment for the BE in some eyes, weren't there 2 BE teams ousted by other BE teams... not late in the tourney mind you, but in the round of 32? Additionally, isn't it difficult to really call it a flameout when the 9th place team wins the tourney? I think most conferences would be crowing if any team outside of their top 4 or 5 won the entire thing regardless of what the rest of the league did. I guess it just depends on how you define tournament success for a league.

As for the UK fans - who cares... I think the insecurities they have about the lack of quality they have within their own conference is showing.

If only the SEC had more than 4 or 5 worthy teams the Big East wouldn't be looking at 7+.

Also, didn't Kentucky struggle to get a 7 point win at home vs the 7th place BE team?

I don't want to see Miss State sniffing the tourney then. They need to apply the same logic to their own conference. By their own standards, the SEC would be a 3 bid league. The Big East is a far, far, far superior league to the SEC (even in a down year -- which this is).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom