Allen Griffin on Syracuse’s 2020-21 big men: ‘As a unit, we’re much improved’ | Syracusefan.com

Allen Griffin on Syracuse’s 2020-21 big men: ‘As a unit, we’re much improved’

Nice article.

That said - reading between the lines - I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Marek playing minutes at the 5 again for us this year, in games that matter.

(which is most of them, given the dearth of OOC games this year.)

I do like hearing that JBA is getting experience in practice at the 4 & 5

Nice article.

That said - reading between the lines - I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Marek playing minutes at the 5 again for us this year, in games that matter.

Who's the best FT shooter?

Sidibe improved significantly last year, and naturally made a jump as he was healthy for once.

I want to keep Grif

options is always better. Fix at least one side of the center equation.. Scoring is nice but they cant not score and not rebound/block too.. Chewy showed if you can do one at a decent level you can still find ways to score some games in this offense with the easy stuff

Nice article.

Marek's almost certainly the crunch time 5.

They will allow more made Free throws by far for opponents than the number they make or even attempt

I think defensively Frank has the ability to be very good for us. Quick/athletic with a crazy wingspan in the middle of our zone...look out!

I think defensively Frank has the ability to be very good for us. Quick/athletic with a crazy wingspan in the middle of our zone...look out!

Per the article Frank sounds a bit like Rakeem in that there is work to get him to play with a full motor all game. Athleticism it sounds he might even have a leg up on Rak which is exciting. That said it is hard to tell who is third in line behind Bourama and Jesse as of yet

Does anyone seriously think that the coach will find regular playing time for Bourama and more than 1 of the other players? Especially with Marek around and a little depth at forward.

As long as everyone is healthy, no. Not once the conference season starts, at least. Seems like a year where we’re likely to have a clear 7 man rotation in the tough games(Girard, Buddy, Griffin, Marek, Sidibe, Quincy, and Kadary).

With one of the bigs and one of the forwards(Id guess on experience and go with Edwards and Braswell) getting fairly regular 8th/9th man minutes in the cupcake games.

giphy.gif

Does anyone seriously think that the coach will find regular playing time for Bourama and more than 1 of the other players? Especially with Marek around and a little depth at forward.

I seem to remember last year or the year before the Orange bigs got into foul trouble rather frequently. But now that there are 4 then we will probably not see the 2 getting most of the PT ever get into foul trouble.

Think JBA has a good chance to take the backup.

I'm guessing Bourama backed by Marek with an occasional sprinkling of Edwards. I'm not seeing anything in that article to get excited about, other than BS put on 20 pounds and everyone is a year older.

The most he could say about Edwards is that he is starting to get into shape. "Right now, you don't have to be in top shape, but you want to be in good enough shape so you can get through practices."

Got to love the unbounded optimism this time of year.

I'm guessing Bourama backed by Marek with an occasional sprinkling of Edwards. I'm not seeing anything in that article to get excited about, other than BS put on 20 pounds and everyone is a year older.

The most he could say about Edwards is that he is starting to get into shape. "Right now, you don't have to be in top shape, but you want to be in good enough shape so you can get through practices."

Got to love the unbounded optimism this time of year.
YEAH BUT HE DIDNT SAY THEY SUCK

I think sidibe is poised to have a really good senior year.

Totally agree.

It won’t be Rak-like, but just more of his fairly consistent good play that he ended last season with.

It’s the first time in forever that he’s not trying to bounce back from an injury, so he was able to put on weight, and actually work on his game, rather than just rehab. Again.

Totally agree.

It won’t be Rak-like, but just more of his fairly consistent good play that he ended last season with.

It’s the first time in forever that he’s not trying to bounce back from an injury, so he was able to put on weight, and actually work on his game, rather than just rehab. Again.

We always talk about "10 and 8" from the center position -- that's about what I'm expecting from Sidibe this year. Not Rak-like, but CONSISTENT production, and a legit inside presence that the opposing defense can't ignore.

And he's certainly capable of a bit more, if he gets off to a quick start and establishes himself. We'll see how it unfolds.

Last edited:
Sidibe starts, Edwards RS, Anselem backs up Sidbe, JBA plays only in blow-outs and foul trouble.

Sidibe gained 20lbs and is working of finishing better (He finished pretty well last year)

Edwards has been cleared to practice for 2 months, without much else to do he is not in shape? He RSing, which is the right thing for both him and the program.

JBA " it's an adjustment period" why he did practice last year and if it is an adjustment why have he practice at the 4, the competition is tougher there with Marek, Braswell, Newton, and Quincy if we play 3 guards.

Anselem "We haven't see this type of athleticism at this position in a long time" That is a guy who is going to play because he can do things that can't be taught...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom