Alryk Perry Commits | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Alryk Perry Commits

I sat down last night and really analyzed the film on this young man. I have also done some research on him and the program he played for. His team was not good at all in high school. Perry played at the AAAA level and it does not seem like grades are an issue at all. He has even mentioned that grades come first and he has taken college classes.

The film. Aggressive, aggressive, aggressive with a motor that does not stop. He reminds me a lot of Cam Lynch (it might be the size and build). Offers or no offers, this kid is a huge get. Quick shuffle feet, runs a bit bow-legged, but cruises on the field. Perry does not show dominant hand fighting skills, but his quickness makes up for it. In many instances he over pursues plays, but makes up for it with his quickness, in other cases he stays right on assignment. I would guess OLB while he wears Orange if his coverage skills are up to par. Perry has above average tackling skills for a high school player heading into college. Perry is not a pop and knock you down tackler, he uses his body and wraps up ball carriers.

I like that he joined the Wrestling team in high school to work on his quickness, upper body strength and overall body coordination. In 8 years of coaching high school football, wrestlers always seemed to be the best defensive tacklers.

Im am high on this young man. Good get CUSE!!!

I sat down last night and really analyzed the film on this young man. I have also done some research on him and the program he played for. His team was not good at all in high school. Perry played at the AAAA level and it does not seem like grades are an issue at all. He has even mentioned that grades come first and he has taken college classes.

The film. Aggressive, aggressive, aggressive with a motor that does not stop. He reminds me a lot of Cam Lynch (it might be the size and build). Offers or no offers, this kid is a huge get. Quick shuffle feet, runs a bit bow-legged, but cruises on the field. Perry does not show dominant hand fighting skills, but his quickness makes up for it. In many instances he over pursues plays, but makes up for it with his quickness, in other cases he stays right on assignment. I would guess OLB while he wears Orange if his coverage skills are up to par. Perry has above average tackling skills for a high school player heading into college. Perry is not a pop and knock you down tackler, he uses his body and wraps up ball carriers.

I like that he joined the Wrestling team in high school to work on his quickness, upper body strength and overall body coordination. In 8 years of coaching high school football, wrestlers always seemed to be the best defensive tacklers.

Im am high on this young man. Good get CUSE!!!
Great breakdown.

Is that a steel head in your signature? I'm assuming that's not you pictured.

Great breakdown.

Is that a steel head in your signature? I'm assuming that's not you pictured.
Steelhead for sure, April Vokey is the woman in the picture. My future ex-wife:D

I like the fact he is HS and not JUCO, redshirt and develop. I heard a man on Bill King's radio show say awhile back, say that Nick Fairly had 1 D1 offer! He said that there are so many kids and so much territory and limited time that kids do slip thru the cracks. We do need depth at LB and a redshirt year and hopefully he is in the mix.
His reported speed tells me we see him on the field sooner than later. He could be of value on STs as well as the regular defense. If he red-shirts fine. I think this staff will play him and go after others with similar abilities.Actually I prefer that

His reported speed tells me we see him on the field sooner than later. He could be of value on STs as well as the regular defense. If he red-shirts fine. I think this staff will play him and go after others with similar abilities.Actually I prefer that
Agreed, if he is needed he may play a role on specials like Wayne did last year, but with the JUCO LB's we have coming in I don't see him playing significant min at LB like Lynch did as a frosh

We need depth for all types of reasons. Practice most of all. Plus this kid should be great on Specials. Good pick up

Dude had multiple knee surgeries. Yikes.
Meniscus...nothing reconstructive.

You can tell that he is a wrestler by the way he uses leverage when he tackles.

With a year of S&C during his RS season...Perry might be this year's version of Jay Bromley. Looks like a very, very good athlete and I think it helps that he's from a military family.

By DAVID MITCHELL — dmitchell@ledger-enquirer
Former Glenwood defensive end Aldryk Perry signed a letter of intent on Monday to play at Syracuse University in the fall.
Perry was uncommitted until recently, receiving an offer from the Orange on March 22. After receiving the offer, he took a visit and determined it was the best option for him.
“They contacted me right before spring break,” he said. “I liked it, so I just decided it was the right place to continue my career there.”
Perry, who finished the season with 39 tackles, 12 for loss, and six sacks, said that he wasn’t given an indication of whether he would play much right away but that he will be learning a new position in college (outside linebacker).
“All I know right now is that they’re giving me a chance,” he said. “Now, I need to work hard to prove I can help them win games.”
That was something Perry did while a member of the Gators.
The team ultimately fell short of its goals in 2012, but did win an Alabama Independent Schools Association Class AAA state championship in 2011, Perry’s junior season.
While football is certainly a focus for the 6-foot-1 defenseman, Perry and his family said this scholarship is like lottery ticket for a great education. Perry, who plans to major in communications, said that the school’s educational prowess, particularly in that field, is a major blessing.
“A degree from Syracuse is worth a lot,” he said.
Perry wasn’t entirely sure of his schedule and when he would begin his time at Syracuse, but he knows the day is rapidly approaching. For now, he’s just trying to finish out his senior year of high school before he turns all of his attention to college.
He said he’s excited and ready to get to work when that day comes.
“No nerves,” he said. “I’m just excited.”

he is finishing his senior year of hs?

ive been out of the loop, but i thought i read he was a juco?