Alryk Perry Commits | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Alryk Perry Commits

The empire challenge where Bromley was discovered is usually played at the end of June. Crazy how a potential NFL player almost ended up without a scholarship somewhere.

It is crazy, talented kids get overlooked all of the time I am sure. Funny how nobody even knew who he was and now look at him. I don't believe in the star system anyways and he had Zero Stars.

Phenix City is where they used to play the D3 National Championship game back in the 80's.

Know the area, it is def the backwoods not to far from Auburn. I actually went to the OT game back in the early 00's and stayed in Columbus. It is like Hale who lived in Ga but went to school in TN. Columbus is right on the border of Al/GA on the Ga side spilling over into Al. Been in and out of that part of the South quite a bit. He is about 45 mins to an hour from the Auburn campus.

Its a point of pride for me when I say that I've only visited Alabama 5 times in my life. Of course, each of those was with a parachute on my back when I was down at Fort Benning (outside of Columbus) for jump school. No disrespect meant for tourism in Alabama.
Photo38071.jpg

2013 means he graduates this year? So he's part if this years class? That means someone isn't showing up, right?
Yes, this fall.
There have been a few reports where the coaches have expressed their concern with the depth at LB. someone else could probably run through the actual numbers better than me.

2013 means he graduates this year? So he's part if this years class? That means someone isn't showing up, right?

Its a point of pride for me when I say that I've only visited Alabama 5 times in my life. Of course, each of those was with a parachute on my back when I was down at Fort Benning (outside of Columbus) for jump school. No disrespect meant for tourism in Alabama.
Photo38071.jpg

Well we had 2 scholarships open with the two knuckleheads who got kicked off the team. There were a couple that we already know about not coming back, latest being Foster.

Bama is a great state. Got some very beautiful country and great things to do. Just check out the Trent Jones Golf Trail.

Yes, this fall.
There have been a few reports where the coaches have expressed their concern with the depth at LB (rather than a specific departure) someone else could probably run through the actual numbers better than me.

I like the fact he is HS and not JUCO, redshirt and develop. I heard a man on Bill King's radio show say awhile back, say that Nick Fairly had 1 D1 offer! He said that there are so many kids and so much territory and limited time that kids do slip thru the cracks. We do need depth at LB and a redshirt year and hopefully he is in the mix.

Well we had 2 scholarships open with the two knuckleheads who got kicked off the team. There were a couple that we already know about not coming back, latest being Foster.

Bama is a great state. Got some very beautiful country and great things to do. Just check out the Trent Jones Golf Trail.
Seems to me we are at 83 before this commit and that doesn't include anyone who does not show up from the 2013 class. This one takes away an opening from 2014, but who really cares about that . . . . bird in the hand and all . . . .

Seems to me we are at 83 before this commit and that doesn't include anyone who does not show up from the 2013 class. This one takes away an opening from 2014, but who really cares about that . . . . bird in the hand and all . . . .
No, he fits into the 2013 class which was not maxed out.
The class had only one LB other than jucos and no DEs other than one juco, so it is a good move to make a late add. We lost a commit at both LB and DE.

No, he fits into the 2013 class which was not maxed out.
The class had only one LB other than jucos and no DEs other than one juco, so it is a good move to make a late add. We lost a commit at both LB and DE.
Exactly. Total numbers vs 2013 commits (less than 25) and 2014 (some number to be determined to get us to 85) which was what I thought the question was.

Exactly. Total numbers vs 2013 commits (less than 25) and 2014 (some number to be determined to get us to 85) which was what I thought the question was.
Plus, the recent departure of Foster opened a spot.

We've only got 59 returning players + 21 commits = 80 on scholarship.

Plenty of room at the inn.

EDIT: 22 commits with Marona. :D

Broyld, Morgan, Funderburke, Eskridge, Reddish
Desir, Vigille, Lyn, Anderson, Hunt
Spruill, Norton, Kinder, Hale, Loeb
Clark, Whigham, Flemming, PTG, George
Kobena, Morris, Wilkes, DMF, Rene
AAM, Davis, Krautman, Lynch, Coker
Smith, Fisher, Rodgers, Simmons, Crume
Trudo, Coleman, Palmer, MacPherson, Hickey
Robinson, Foy, Knapp, Jones, Emerich
Thompson, Cornelius, Lewis, Wales, West
Parris, Washington, Robinson, Welsh, Manley
Bromley, Raymond, Sloan, Barrett**

**I'm listing Ben Barrett as a returning player since he was on the team last year, but I don't think I saw him at the practice.
I also didn't see Steve Rene (or Ricky Rene for that matter).

Arciniega, Kirkland, Miller, and Burton are already enrolled.

Well under the 85 scholarship limit. Maybe we'll find the next Bromley at the All-Star game.

I'm totally confused, too. All i see is high school stuff. Nothing about JUCO.
We all have felt the same way...confused. He is an unsigned High School Player. We are the only ones to offer. I am assuming maybe grades may have been a factor, who knows, but the way the kid gets off the snap of the ball kinda of reminds me of LT the way he comes off the end, and I didn't need to see proof he was faster than a 4.83. This could turn out to be a huge surprise, with a story to boot! Hopefully it will be a nice surprise! :)

Just as an FYI...Sc0ut is reporting a Univ. of Miami offer for him now

Disclaimer** This poster is in no way verifying the existence of said offer reported by said recruiting service. In fact, said poster is unwilling to verify, confirm, recognize, attest to, validate, corroborate or substantiate the existence of said University in question, said player in question, said offer in question, said recruiting service or the NCAA as an entity. ***End Disclaimer

Just as an FYI...Sc0ut is reporting a Univ. of Miami offer for him now

Disclaimer** This poster is in no way verifying the existence of said offer reported by said recruiting service. In fact, said poster is unwilling to verify, confirm, recognize, attest to, validate, corroborate or substantiate the existence of said University in question, said player in question, said offer in question, said recruiting service or the NCAA as an entity. ***End Disclaimer
Yeah I'm going to guess he got a letter from Miami but there's not a chance in hell he has an offer from the U. He would have visited there if he did.

Yeah I'm going to guess he got a letter from Miami but there's not a chance in hell he has an offer from the U. He would have visited there if he did.
I read that he had initial interest from Texas, U of M, and another school, but no offers or invites.

So...I guess the big question is, has he signed and faxed in his LOI?

If he has, I could care less what FB factory school contacts him.

claims a Miami offer which is debatable, but Ark Pine Bluff, Texas So, and other smaller schools sound more reasonable.

I believe we have room to bring in Perry for 2013.

If I remember correctly, this is about the same time in the recruiting process that Marrone offered Bromley and he accepted. I am hoping that this young man turns out to be the same type of player.

I think Bromley will be 1-3rd round pick in the draft depending on how he does his senior year. Heck of a player and seems to be an all class type of kid.
bromley was in june and after the high school all star games in the dome and the nyc vs. long island game

bromley was in june and after the high school all star games in the dome and the nyc vs. long island game

I just remember it being well after signing day, but I didn't think it was as late as June. I stand corrected.

Your disclaimer is hilarious.