Alternate movie endings | Syracusefan.com

Alternate movie endings

CuseFaninVT

2023-24 Iggy Winner Leading Rebounder
My son was home sick today and watched I am Legend. I caught the end and realized I had never seen this alternate ending. Anyone see it this way?

Anyone see any other alternate endings for popular movies?

My son and I then watched the original ending. He decided he liked the alt ending. There are apparently 5 alt endings.

Is that the Will Smith zombie movie??

I've always wanted to see the Richard Donner...Superman II, ending. I guess he had enough in the can, before he got canned, so on a DVD reissue they pieced it together.

FATAL ATTRACTION. the original ending made so much more sense given the MADAME BUTTERFLY theme.

In the original ending -- available to view on the film's DVD and Blu-ray releases -- Dan is raking leaves when police detectives come to his home. They tell him that Alex is dead, her throat sliced with a kitchen knife in an apparent murder. Dan realizes Alex killed herself using the knife that had his fingerprints on it, thereby framing him. Dan gets carted away to jail as Beth looks on in tears.

Viewers were left with a ray of hope, since Beth finds a tape Alex made where she says she'll kill herself if she can't be with Dan. But the final image is a flashback of Alex sitting on the floor of her bathroom in her iconic white dress cutting her own throat as an aria from "Madame Butterfly" (also about a spurned woman killing herself) plays on the soundtrack.

When the film screened for focus groups, the viewers rejected the downer ending. The decision to rewrite and reshoot the ending became a source of tension for the cast. Michael Douglas told Entertainment Weekly that he understood why audiences wanted a more action-packed ending: "She had been so powerful and so evil in a Machiavellian psycho way that it left the audience frustrated... [they] wanted somebody to kill her." Close, however, objected, having consulted with real psychiatrists about Alex's actions and deciding it was more likely she'd commit suicide.

My son was home sick today and watched I am Legend. I caught the end and realized I had never seen this alternate ending. Anyone see it this way?

My son and I then watched the original ending. He decided he liked the alt ending. There are apparently 5 alt endings.

Where did you manage to see that?? The DVD? I heard that they screened it, people hated it, and they had to re-film for stupid reasons. The alt ending sounded soooooo much better.

Butterfly Effect had a weird alt-ending. That was one of those movies that felt like it was probably a really cool concept, that Hollywood destroyed to make it palatable to teens. Who knows though...

Se7en had an alternate ending...don't recall it though. Maybe nothing was in the box???
raw

Where did you manage to see that?? The DVD? I heard that they screened it, people hated it, and they had to re-film for stupid reasons. The alt ending sounded soooooo much better.

Butterfly Effect had a weird alt-ending. That was one of those movies that felt like it was probably a really cool concept, that Hollywood destroyed to make it palatable to teens. Who knows though...

Se7en had an alternate ending...don't recall it though. Maybe nothing was in the box???
raw
On demand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom