Alumni support | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Alumni support

how do you know they don’t? I walked off the street in knoxville last august and caught the tail end of a practice through the fence. Nobody told me to leave.

It’s not like they pull up bleachers and things, but they aren’t as closed off and as top-secret as we’re made to believe.

Research a couple years, or maybe one year ago. I found if the schools I looked at, most allowed media for a short period. One, I think Miami, allowed media for a complete practice once a day. And I’m sure many outdoor practices can be sneakily watched thru trees or fences or whatever. Not sure I would call that an open practice.

Given how detailed he is that his wife is so jealous of, I’m sure he whole keep track and know who’s gonna be there when. Doesn’t make it less open

Not sure I follow?

Bill Belichick Binoculars GIF by Barstool Sports
how do you know they don’t? I walked off the street in knoxville last august and caught the tail end of a practice through the fence. Nobody told me to leave.

It’s not like they pull up bleachers and things, but they aren’t as closed off and as top-secret as we’re made to believe.

satellite technology is wonderful but drones are cheaper. A combo of both will more than get the job done.

Not sure I follow?
There will be a procedure or rules to follow when visiting but I think what Fran wants is the connection of anything so that shouldn’t be an issue.

It was the leader of the football team

The head coaches make these decisions, not the AD.

It will be different now for football
Sarcastically, i wonder how many games we won because of how secretive we were. Absolute joke. Shows how much confidence Babers had in his ability. I for one do not believe he was actually that smart of a football coach.

Northwestern was open last year

Also, it doesn't have to be just watching practices to engage alumni. Iowa brings back football alums each summer who have been successful in business/beyond football to help mentor current players, network/build connections and learn interview skills. They also have an app for former players.

Also, it doesn't have to be just watching practices to engage alumni. Iowa brings back football alums each summer who have been successful in business/beyond football to help mentor current players, network/build connections and learn interview skills. They also have an app for former players.

Have a couple fantasy camps with notable former players. Flag football and Madden competitions. Stuff like that. One could pay for it or it could be one of the benefits if you donate over a certain amount.

Former players, school alumni, and fan involvement is critical. Recruits take notice and reinforces positive perceptions of the program. Important recruiting tool. Yeh we had a bridge to the past but it was a bridge over troubled water. It was a one lane bridge with a red light on one side. Need to widen it to four lanes so the traffic can flow freely.

I don’t think it’s gonna be as open as people think. Some here are acting like all of a sudden fans can go to practices. I don’t see it and other schools don’t do that.

Even if you’re wrong and they do allow some practices to be open to fans - you can be confident you personally will still be blacklisted.

Love this idea, the NCAA in all of it's infinite wisdom (sarcasm) should have a program to do this across the board. AS HCFB said football is short, educate and set these student athletes up for winning in life!

imo insecurity
Just finished reading the article with quotes from former players talking about its been a long 8 years. What the heck was Dino thinking. What was he worried about. What was the Ohana and La Familia all about. Hope the guy wasn't a total BS artist. I knew he was paranoid with practice but to lock out former players is nuts.

Just finished reading the article with quotes from former players talking about its been a long 8 years. What the heck was Dino thinking. What was he worried about. What was the Ohana and La Familia all about. Hope the guy wasn't a total BS artist. I knew he was paranoid with practice but to lock out former players is nuts.
ʻOhana Means Family, and Family Means Nobody Gets Left Behind or Forgotten. ʻOhana refers to the familial bond that Native Hawaiians share. You may consider only those you are blood-related to as family.

I would think that would include Alumni. So do I think he is full of crap, yes

ʻOhana Means Family, and Family Means Nobody Gets Left Behind or Forgotten. ʻOhana refers to the familial bond that Native Hawaiians share. You may consider only those you are blood-related to as family.

It’s the old saying, practice what you preach. Seems he wasn’t doing that.

I had said in the past on more than one occasion; he certainly can talk the talk; walking the walk on the other hand…

Why didn't Dino embrace the past players. Make no sense to me.

When Dino got here, we'd had only 3 winning seasons in the past decade.

We had a culture of losing.

Why would you want your young players around that?