Alumni support | Syracusefan.com

Alumni support

Honestly, he made anyone, not on staff or the team feel pretty unwelcome

We’re like Japan opening the doors to our football program now!!
Really dumbfounded by this decision, I knew about this from talking to a dad of an alumni, but it’s so stupid. You complain about NIL but where will you get 75% of those dollars from. Probably former players, I mean my goodness.

So basically, our program has been like N Korea to alum - desolate and cut off from the rest of the football society

Meanwhile, our Hoops program, was extremely welcoming and supportive of alums

And Lax is also very welcoming and supportive

Why the disconnect with football?

So basically, our program has been like N Korea to alum - desolate and cut off from the rest of the football society

May divulge our super secret game plan to get us to 12-0. Honestly I think it’s ego and insecurity on your god given ability. Character flaw

HqfP7.gif

It was the leader of the football team

The head coaches make these decisions, not the AD.

It will be different now for football

A probably incomplete list of alumni that responded [positively] to this message:

Chris Elmore
Dontae Strickland
Eric Dungey
Chris Williamson
Alban Brown [father of Caden]
Michael Acchione
Josh Black

probably others

Yup, people are going to be SHOCKED with the access to the football team now.

It’s going to be more like every other division 1 FBS football team

I don’t think it’s gonna be as open as people think. Some here are acting like all of a sudden fans can go to practices. I don’t see it and other schools don’t do that.

It almost makes the fundraising for Lalley by Paulus and Wildhack even more impressive with the buy-in they have gotten from football alums considering Dino wasn't exactly helping alumni engagement.

I don’t think it’s gonna be as open as people think. Some here are acting like all of a sudden fans can go to practices. I don’t see it and other schools don’t do that.
I think the expectation is that with former players around and Browns apparent straight forward approach, plus his trust on his assistants, there will be more available information

Different coaching regimes with no connection to former players vs one long time coach connected to nearly every living former player? Not that that's an excuse.

You see all these other teams with school camera crews filming all the various things on gameday etc and I'm sure they include that in a monthly donation package...it's so dumb Syracuse doesn't do something like this, it's almost like we don't have the best broadcast school or something...

Different coaching regimes with no connection to former players vs one long time coach connected to nearly every living former player? Not that that's an excuse.

I don’t remember alumni being around all the time under Shafer or Grob either. Under Marrone, if you didn’t play for Mac you were shunned. The difference with Brown than any of them is that he made a plea for them specifically.

The Syracuse.com article gave insight on the football alumni with the previous coaches. It wasn’t good
Interesting for sure. I missed it, do you have a link to the article? Thank you.

A probably incomplete list of alumni that responded [positively] to this message:

Chris Elmore
Dontae Strickland
Eric Dungey
Chris Williamson
Alban Brown [father of Caden]
Michael Acchione
Josh Black

probably others

What's crazy to me is so many football alums who played for Dino!!

I can see Mac, P, Gerg and Shafer era alums feeling shined by Dino but surprised to see guys who were actually in the Ohana feel miffed too.