Am I only the one than thinks Mahoney is | Syracusefan.com

Am I only the one than thinks Mahoney is

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
Better for Lester's offense than dungey? I like them both but Mahoney doesn't seem to run with the reckless abandon that dungey does. Mahoney doesn't have the touch dungey does but seems to throw the ball harder on the outs, etc

I think they're about the same. They both seem to make plays in the Dome.

Doesn't really matter though if our D keeps giving up 570 yards (3 straight weeks).

Good to have a backup QB as good as the starter. Mahoney has certainly earned his scholarship.

Better for Lester's offense than dungey? I like them both but Mahoney doesn't seem to run with the reckless abandon that dungey does. Mahoney doesn't have the touch dungey does but seems to throw the ball harder on the outs, etc
I don't know. Those passing numbers. It's remarkable they did as well as they did against lsu and Clemson with that kind of completion percentage

I don't know. Those passing numbers. It's remarkable they did as well as they did against lsu and Clemson with that kind of completion percentage

Lester's offense is a running offense with a running qb. Hunt may have been good too. I don't think its ever meant to put up big passing numbers even when it's effective whenever that may be. I'm not endorsing it but I think it requires the qb to be a straight up running back at times

Lester's offense is a running offense with a running qb. Hunt may have been good too. I don't think its ever meant to put up big passing numbers even when it's effective whenever that may be. I'm not endorsing it but I think it requires the qb to be a straight up running back at times
I mean why the Hell not? Everybody plays running back in our offense.

I can't imagine that someone who threw for a billion yards himself wants to run an offense that doesn't throw

I don't think Lester can manage Dungey's talent as well as he can manage Mahoney.

Reminds me of a pitching coach who gets an all star plus talent and is unsure of pitch counts.

A writer at "Shakin the Southland" gave his opinion:

"Syracuse QB deserves a lot of credit and Shafer is silly for not going with him all year. We were not prepared to play assignment football. We had film from the LSU game. I understand it can be a nightmare to contain a running QB, but this was just poor gap control and effort at times."

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2015/11/14/9736136/clemson-versus-syracuse-instant-reaction
Written by someone who has clearly never watched us play outside of today. Mahoney played well, but if they think he should have been playing over Dungey all year, then clearly they've never watched Dungey play.

I like Mahoney, but Dungey is clearly more talented.

I don't get many SU games out here. I did enjoy watching Mahoney play this afternoon, he's certainly got some game. But if Dungey's clearly a better QB, I'm looking forward to the opportunity to see him.

Written by someone who has clearly never watched us play outside of today. Mahoney played well, but if they think he should have been playing over Dungey all year, then clearly they've never watched Dungey play.

I like Mahoney, but Dungey is clearly more talented.
More talented doesn't equal giving SU a better chance to win. When Dungey runs he's an injury waiting to happen. His deep throws almost always lack zip. Mahoney runs better, his passing is inconsistent and his touch needs work. I think it is an interesting debate who gives us a better chance.

A writer at "Shakin the Southland" gave his opinion:

"Syracuse QB deserves a lot of credit and Shafer is silly for not going with him all year. We were not prepared to play assignment football. We had film from the LSU game. I understand it can be a nightmare to contain a running QB, but this was just poor gap control and effort at times."

http://www.shakinthesouthland.com/2015/11/14/9736136/clemson-versus-syracuse-instant-reaction
at least they admit how bad the officials were especially the hands to the face. Criminal as as that point who the F knows what happens when they have to punt from deep in their own territory

at least they admit how bad the officials were especially the hands to the face. Criminal as as that point who the F knows what happens when they have to punt from deep in their own territory

That was an absolutely ridiculous call. So was the call back on ishs play. At least the penalty on that play actually happened

Having cooled down - here is my take on that call which led to another call. The hands to the face was not a bad call. It wasn't a call the official got wrong and just blew it. It was none of that. It was something far far worse. It was a made up call. A purposely - driven by the game situation - made up call. I've been watching football for more years than than I care to admit and this may be the first time I've seen a completely made up call that was made for a purpose. And I would love to be on a plane right now sitting next to that a-hole.

Having cooled down - here is my take on that call which led to another call. The hands to the face was not a bad call. It wasn't a call the official got wrong and just blew it. It was none of that. It was something far far worse. It was a made up call. A purposely - driven by the game situation - made up call. I've been watching football for more years than than I care to admit and this may be the first time I've seen a completely made up call that was made for a purpose. And I would love to be on a plane right now sitting next to that a-hole.
I was glad Shafer took that penalty afterward. Call attention to it

Mahoney can barely hit the broad side of a barn. Dungey has pinpoint accuracy by comparison. So if you don't require your QB to be good at throwing accurate passes Mahoney could be your man.

He's a good runner, though. And has a knack for avoiding concussions, which is nice.

There are certain throws that Mahoney throws better. Out routes for example. He shows more zip on intermediate routes. Dungey is much better on deep routes and throwing on the run. Mahoney is more patient on his run reads and is smart when he run. Dungey is obviouly more athletic but he puts himself into more vulnerable positions.

There are certain throws that Mahoney throws better. Out routes for example. He shows more zip on intermediate routes. Dungey is much better on deep routes and throwing on the run. Mahoney is more patient on his run reads and is smart when he run. Dungey is obviouly more athletic but he puts himself into more vulnerable positions.
Mahoney is a fast little mofo.

Idk mahoneys throwing was aweful. If Clemson didn't leave a couple of gapping holes because of the misdirection then we might have been around 225 yards.

Mahoney does seem to do good things though. He is a couple of years older, might just be natural maturity.

He certainly stays away from the big hits.

He throws harder Dungey.

He is very good running the ball.

Gotta give Lester some credit - he has done a good job getting the young QBs ready to play.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom