Am i the only one who doesnt hate Uconn? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Am i the only one who doesnt hate Uconn?

I get enormous satisfaction from my team WINNING a game. But it doesn't matter so much that we BEAT another team. I always see it like this: every single team's players have hopes and dreams and work hard, just like my team. When I see those players, I see young souls giving it their all. When I see other fans, for the most part, they're passionate people who love their team, just like me. Just like us. I like many teams because I know many people who are fans of those teams. Plus, I have geographic loyalties, such as Wisconsin and North Carolina.

I was happy for UConn when they improbably won last year. I don't hate them or any team.

However: I am not fond of Kentucky's methods and don't like Calipari. I hold no antagonism for the players. But I will not cheer for them and will not be happy if they win another title.

Oh, I can also say that a couple of my Duke friends get a little arrogant. I forgive them.

Ha ha ha ha ha!

It should be us with four titles when that fixes itself itself they will be easier to like.

Yes.

Absolutely despise them. Fans, players, and coaches. And more than Georgetown, most likely because I was young throughout the 80's. When uconn started to become good I was more aware of what was going on in games.

Am I jealous of their titles? Probably. I don't want to fully admit it. But the last two were the flukiest titles of the last 25 years. The 99 and 04 ones I can accept because they were at least top 5 teams those years.

I have 3 friends that are uconn fans. Two of them are douchebags, and are both ignorant and stupid when it comes to sports. I like the 3rd one. In general though, their fans are arrogant .

It's funny, I once had one of their fans explain that their fans douchebaggery had to do with which MLB team they liked. Connecticut is pretty split between Yankees and Red Sox fans. He was a Sox fan and said that the douchebags that are uconn fans, are most likely Yankees fans too. But he is an arrogant douche himself so I can't take his word for it.

Last edited:
Im a Yankees fan and I dont hate the Red Socks. Im a Bears fan and dont hate Green Bay . Its easier to hate on individuals than whole franchises, for me anyways.

I thought you were an upstate New York a-hole like me? Where'd you learn this zen.

I have used this before, but my wife has been due with two little girls that were born in March 2011 and March 2014 respectively. Both times, I prayed and wished anything for the health of the babies and my wife. Both years, UConn won the National title. I like to joke that God has a sense of humor off of that alone.

In case you ask, our family is complete.

Im a Yankees fan and I dont hate the Red Socks. Im a Bears fan and dont hate Green Bay . Its easier to hate on individuals than whole franchises, for me anyways.
I agree with this for the most part. I developed a strong distaste for Coach Calhoun and Coach Thompson before him. That is all.

Afterall the abuse they take here , deserved or not, they recruit and get stud guards and players who are crucial in the tourney. . Easier roads or not to the title game they still manage to WIN when they get there. Ill take their NC's every day of the week.
No. These guys were also fans, but they haven't been seen since they went back underground 50 years ago:
mole men.png

If you don't dislike UConn fans, go look up a few of them on Twitter during today's game. Out acting like they're having any better of a season than we are.

If you don't dislike UConn fans, go look up a few of them on Twitter during today's game. Out acting like they're having any better of a season than we are.

Why would we follow uconn fans or see what uconn fans were saying?

Have you lost a bet too?

CusefanATL said:
Why would we follow uconn fans or see what uconn fans were saying? Have you lost a bet too?
I follow a wide array of people for work purposes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom