Am I the only one who is shocked that... | Syracusefan.com

Am I the only one who is shocked that...

orangenirvana

Hall of Fame
the Penn State vs. Nebraska game hasn't been cancelled yet?

I mean...What? Really?

Is forfeit or postponement at least being considered? I just can't imagine it still being scheduled at this point, it's crazy.

JoePa is the only one who would like it to be canceled. He thinks he's that important. He loved all the rioting on his behalf and made no attempt to use his student influence to stop it.

No. I'm blown away.

They might need to call in the National Guard. 100,000 people, many going in with an "us against the world" mentality, it could get way uglier than last night.

I'd hate to be near a satellite truck, or McQueary if he's somehow on the field. There might be a mob.

JoePa is the only one who would like it to be canceled. He thinks he's that important. He loved all the rioting on his behalf and made no attempt to use his student influence to stop it.

Come on, he said to the kids on his lawn "go home and study".

Just like in 2002, I think he did the minimum.

What ever TV station is carrying that game I am sure certainly wont want it cancelled. Will probably be the most watched PSU game of the entire year. Maybe since the turn of the century.

the Penn State vs. Nebraska game hasn't been cancelled yet?

I mean...What? Really?

Is forfeit or postponement at least being considered? I just can't imagine it still being scheduled at this point, it's crazy.

I guess I'm not surprised....we've seen over and over again in everything related to college athletics that money is King. I am disappointed that Governor of PA doesn't step in and say - "Gentlemen this game is off. We are not going to continue to operate in a business as usual manner, you people need to pull your heads out of your a55es and realize that there should be no party in State College this weekend."

What ever TV station is carrying that game I am sure certainly wont want it cancelled. Will probably be the most watched PSU game of the entire year. Maybe since the turn of the century.

I'm looking forward to Penn State going into Columbus. Now that will be interesting.

Columbus is bad enough for a normal game.

...it should not be cancelled...PSU is still a university that has a football team...none of these players, that we know of now, have committed any crime...it is their senior day...it is already ruined...let them play the game...maybe one of few meaningful games for PSU in the next coming years if Feds and NCAA find wrong doing to be widespread

It shouldn't be cancelled. You'll have to pump up security, but cancelling the game punishes the current players more than it punishes the people who allowed this to happen.

Cancelling the game isn't intended to punish anyone. The point would be for the University to send a very clear message that football doesn't reign supreme over law, order and morality in State College. To send the message that some very monstrous things have occurred here and it isn't right for us to throw a party on Saturday and try to pretend like it is all just a bad dream.

Cancelling the game isn't intended to punish anyone. The point would be for the University to send a very clear message that football doesn't reign supreme over law, order and morality in State College. To send the message that some very monstrous things have occurred here and it isn't right for us to throw a party on Saturday and try to pretend like it is all just a bad dream.

It may not be intended to, but it does. Especially Senior Day, that's the last chance for some of these kids to play football ever.

Its a nooner on ESPN. I bet most of us will be watching.

really well said. I dont necessarily agree that it should be cancelled. But if it was, this is why.

...it should not be cancelled...PSU is still a university that has a football team...none of these players, that we know of now, have committed any crime...it is their senior day...it is already ruined...let them play the game...maybe one of few meaningful games for PSU in the next coming years if Feds and NCAA find wrong doing to be widespread

Have you not been paying attention this whole time? Penn State has a football team that the university has placed ahead of human decency. The players will be fine if they miss out on one single game.

This situation goes way beyond hurting the feelings of some football players.

This issue is bigger than football - game should be cancelled.

When other tragedies happened games were cancelled out of respect and remebrance of those impacted by unfortunate events. Those cancellations weren't a punishement to the players, or anyone else, is was for everyone to take a step back, reflect, and honor the victims of heinous acts.

Football is only a game - the problem with many (especially those outraged at PSU) is that it is treated as more than that.

Having the game will bring more spotlight on Happy Valley and things could get ugly.

Its a tough issue but i do feel like the current kids did nothing wrong and should be allowed to play. after the season i believe all the players should be given the opportunity to transfer free of 1 year waiting period

Reports thismorning from Tom Rinaldi said that owners of a minivan that was next to the tipped over satellite truck said they had tickets to the game and are now not going due to them fearing for their safety. I don't blame them. Westboro Baptist Church, students looking for a reason to riot, everyone's on edge, plus thousands of protestors, I'd imagine. It is going to be some scene.

I'm looking forward to Penn State going into Columbus. Now that will be interesting.

Columbus is bad enough for a normal game.
I would have enjoyed watching the crowd in Columbus if Paterno had been on the sideline. Nobody would have watched the game.

And how many kids go to those games with their parents? I started taking mine when they were in diapers. If I was a Ped State season ticket holder with young children I just couldnt go to this game

I'd be more surprised if it had been (or was) cancelled.

I would have enjoyed watching the crowd in Columbus if Paterno had been on the sideline. Nobody would have watched the game.

Don't underestimate the people in Columbus. McQueary and JayPa will still be there. Along with 65 men dressed in white.

And how many kids go to those games with their parents? I started taking mine when they were in diapers. If I was a Ped State season ticket holder with young children I just couldnt go to this game
Attendance prediction anyone?

Sellout. Cheapest tix on stubhub were in the 400 dollar range last i heard.
Sellout +50,000 protestors, gatherers outside the stadium.