Amy Schumer | Syracusefan.com

Amy Schumer

donniesyracuse

Hall of Fame
Do you like her?

screen-shot-2015-07-15-at-10-52-00-am.png

The wife loves her.
I really wasn't althaea familiar with her until she showed up on the Jimmy Fallon Tonight show yreesterday. he is a bit chunky and that dress she was wearing made her look worse than she really is. In the picture above I would kick out C3PO and R2D2 from the bed , she can stay. I'd like to get to the bottom of that Princess Leia costume.

She's meh, but that goes for a lot of female comics. Sarah Silverman is one of the better ones and she is hit or miss, as is Whitney Cummings

She's great. Not that I need to defend an entire gender but there's a ton of great female comics, including Sarah Silverman.

Female comics do not do much for me. They can be amusing, but they rarely make me laugh out loud. Silverman and Schumer are similar. The "I can't believe she said that outrageous thing" act bores me after awhile. I think Schumer is hotter and a more appealing personality. I don't mind watching her with the wife.

Shawn91111 said:
She's meh, but that goes for a lot of female comics. Sarah Silverman is one of the better ones and she is hit or miss, as is Whitney Cummings

The Chelsea Handler Netflix special was shockingly good. I thought I would hate it but laughed a lot.

I've never seen Amy's act or her show though. I like Silverman and saw Margaret Cho at SU back in 2002 and thought she was great.

She's really good. The 12 Angry Men parody she did on her show this year is one of the funniest pieces of sketch comedy I've ever seen.

I really like her and LOVE Sarah Silverman. Melissa McCarthy is awful imo.

Love her. Absolutely love her. Her 12 Angry Men parody is fabulous. As is her lunch with Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Tina Fey, and Patricia Arquette in Last F***able Day - brilliant!

Amy Schumer is freaking great. As others have mentioned, the 12 Angry Men sketch was amazing. Also great was her satirical take on Friday Night Lights and football/rape culture.

My wife and I saw her live a few years ago in a small venue when she was most famous for last comic standing. Hard to believe she's headlining movies that have $30M opening weekends. What a meteoric rise.

rented two of her standup comedy disks off netflix. and while she's raunchy enuf i just didn't find her act that funny. dave attell does both better.

Yeah, her skits seem better than her organic stand-up routines. The former are admittedly easier to organize that way, though.

Comedy seems to be taking a darker turn somehow. Like with Louis C.K. It's riskier and not ha-ha funny anymore. I wonder if everyone's tired of the once-groundbreaking Seinfeldian observational humor thing.

Love her. Absolutely love her. Her 12 Angry Men parody is fabulous. As is her lunch with Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Tina Fey, and Patricia Arquette in Last F***able Day - brilliant!

I like to think I discovered her; it seems I've been recommending her to countless people for years. Off the top of my head I can't think of a single flop in her act or sketches, but that's probably because I'm such a huge fan.

Having said all of that, I'm disappointed in her movie "Trainwreck". Even as an unabashed fan I have to say it wasn't well-written; it relied heavily on bits I feel I've seen before and was more vulgar than casual fans would be comfortable with. However, I was surprised that she engaged me more as an actress than I thought she would. Kind of reversed my expectations as far as writing/acting.

Anyway, to answer the question, yes, I'm a big fan!

I like to think I discovered her; it seems I've been recommending her to countless people for years. Off the top of my head I can't think of a single flop in her act or sketches, but that's probably because I'm such a huge fan.

Having said all of that, I'm disappointed in her movie "Trainwreck". Even as an unabashed fan I have to say it wasn't well-written; it relied heavily on bits I feel I've seen before and was more vulgar than casual fans would be comfortable with. However, I was surprised that she engaged me more as an actress than I thought she would. Kind of reversed my expectations as far as writing/acting.

Anyway, to answer the question, yes, I'm a big fan!
Haven't seen Trainwreck yet, but I'll keep your review in mind. ;)

12 angry men was great...the bit about Jenny McCarthy killed me.

Not really a fan of stand up comedy and female stand up comedy is even duller. Amy Schumer, Melissa McCarthy types try too hard, I find Christina Applegate and Leslie Mann to be hysterical though. Thinking that might make me somewhat shallow since the latter are both pretty good looking...

Speaking of Christina Applegate, "Vacation" got bad reviews but that **** was FUNNY!

Last stand up I truly laughed out loud at was John Mulaney's "New in Town".

I never saw or heard about her before the film "Trainwreck" but if you like her, you will (probably) like the film. I think she is very cute, "pleasingly plump" as they used to say. The first half is plenty risque with some slang and some rear male nudity, etc., but the ending is very good. My "wife unit" is plenty religious unlike me but did like the story as it showed a girl straightening her problems out and getting on a good track at the end, basically a defense of conventional morality, if you can last that long watching the disaster unfold.

PS: I thought Lebron James was very smooth in his walk-on role. I did not know he was in the film when I went to see it.

Last edited:
She was very funny on Stewart this week. Her story about JLaw and her had me rolling.

jennifer-lawrence-tops-amy-schumers-pyramid-in-a-bikini-02.jpg

I don't like many female comics, but I do enjoy her. Thought that Trainwreck was a good, not great movie. Enjoyable though. I think her sketch show is really funny.

I think she's hilarious. Being an uncensored female comic can't be all that easy, and some try way too hard (Lisa Lampanelli), but Schumer is a natural.

Go listen to one of her hour long Howard Stern interviews. They're great. It's not an hour of her doing material, just being her funny self.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom