An e-mail has already been sent to Herman Frazier | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

An e-mail has already been sent to Herman Frazier

It better, jesus I am so sick and tired of our AD dept being run like were OOC or Suny Brockport, can we get some freeking accountability this is top end Division 1 not some NAIA school or Fredonia state.

I see to OCC playing the toughest club football schedule in the nation. Do not lump us in this conversation:)

is this the reason?

The other site has quote from Pelini saying this game would count.

Wagner has 40 Football scholarship players and 20 Non-football Scholarship players (Academic and other)

So they meet the requirement to count as our FCS win.

Herm replied that Wagner counts.

Herm replied that Wagner counts.

$50 says he's answering the same way Matt Park did to someone on twitter, that Wagner counts because they are FCS.

I bet they have no idea what people are talking about and why they're asking.

$50 says he's answering the same way Matt Park did to someone on twitter, that Wagner counts because they are FCS.

I bet they have no idea what people are talking about and why they're asking.

Yee of little faith...

Yee of little faith...

Well, I had some faith. That's why I only went with $50. Pocket change. No faith and I up that to 4 figures minimum.

'89 Geophysics.
Probably bumped into you in Houghton.
You guys were on the ground floor, right? Only ever had one class from a Geosciences prof., don't recall the guy's name now. Jack something, maybe. It was a semester of the Honors Seminar series.

Grasso was a hoot.

It better, jesus I am so sick and tired of our AD dept being run like were OOC or Suny Brockport, can we get some freeking accountability this is top end Division 1 not some NAIA school or Fredonia state.

Clowns all over the place in support roles. Hicks, Matheny, the Fab Melo tutors

Article in post standard today did not leave me with warm and fuzzies. Would seem that someone on su staff did not do homework. We'll see

This is the article mentioned above:

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...acuse_wagner_told_us_game_c.html#incart_river)

According to this article, Syracuse asked Wagner if its team would count toward Syracuse being bowl eligible (of course $$$ are floating in Wagner's face). What bothers me is that Syracuse should have asked a ruling body...maybe the NCAA whether Wagner would count toward bowl consideration...it really isnt difficult to ask the question.
That is the second error insofar as I am concerned. The first is why did it take months to find a team to play...there were some teams out there that were bowl eligible and could be scheduled...if for no other reason other teams were paying to play these supposed easy to beat teams.
As the fortunes of 'Cuse would have it, the ACC conference office also confirmed Wagner would count toward bowl eligibility for 'Cuse. How do I know, I asked...duh.

i hope its not canned food day- be a shame if they did that on such a low attendance day-

wagner- did we hire a rutgirls grad to schedule? if he has any other school on his degree -he should be fired asap

This is the article mentioned above:

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...acuse_wagner_told_us_game_c.html#incart_river)

According to this article, Syracuse asked Wagner if its team would count toward Syracuse being bowl eligible (of course $$$ are floating in Wagner's face). What bothers me is that Syracuse should have asked a ruling body...maybe the NCAA whether Wagner would count toward bowl consideration...it really isnt difficult to ask the question.
That is the second error insofar as I am concerned. The first is why did it take months to find a team to play...there were some teams out there that were bowl eligible and could be scheduled...if for no other reason other teams were paying to play these supposed easy to beat teams.
As the fortunes of 'Cuse would have it, the ACC conference office also confirmed Wagner would count toward bowl eligibility for 'Cuse. How do I know, I asked...duh.

Your connections >>> Herman Frazier's connections
Your thought process >>>>>>>>>>>> SUAD

Isn't the conference that Wagner is in going to 63 scholarships?

If so, my guess would be that the NCAA is allowing those schools to count towards BCS eligibility as they transition from 40 to 63...Just a guess...am hoping that is what the case is here and would explain why Wanger does indeed count as a BCS eligibility game.

Isn't the conference that Wagner is in going to 63 scholarships?

If so, my guess would be that the NCAA is allowing those schools to count towards BCS eligibility as they transition from 40 to 63...Just a guess...am hoping that is what the case is here and would explain why Wanger does indeed count as a BCS eligibility game.
thats a sound reason, but why the F cant anybody come right out and say...

'wagner will count as a bowl certifiable win because of A, B, & C.'???????'

hell, just A.

somebody please, little help here.....

Oh Lord

hell, just A.

Oh Lord

The whole topic makes me wonder who really governs this. Has there ever been a case where a team had 6 wins, only one FCS win, and that FCS game was against a team with less than 63 scholarships? What happened, did the NCAA tell the bowls not to consider them?

When I saw that directional Florida team used Wagner to count as a bowl game, it made me think that no one is really paying attention to this "rule".

Would really suck to be made an example of, so sometimes you have to ask the question to the right people, instead of thinking you won't get called out.

The whole topic makes me wonder who really governs this. Has there ever been a case where a team had 6 wins, only one FCS win, and that FCS game was against a team with less than 63 scholarships? What happened, did the NCAA tell the bowls not to consider them?

When I saw that directional Florida team used Wagner to count as a bowl game, it made me think that no one is really paying attention to this "rule".

Would really suck to be made an example of, so sometimes you have to ask the question to the right people, instead of thinking you won't get called out.
seriously, this whole thing is like the damn mortgage crisis and 'no income verification' loans.

what was...
'you make enough to cover a 4k a month mortgage right?'
'uh, yeah'
'great, then you can get your dream home!'

what is now...
'you guys will count as a bowl certifiable win for us right?'
'uh, yeah'
'great, heres a check for 400k and we will see you on 9/14!'

ugh.....

Oh Lord

seriously, this whole thing is like the damn mortgage crisis and 'no income verification' loans.

what was...
'you make enough to cover a 4k a month mortgage right?'
'uh, yeah'
'great, then you can get your dream home!'

what is now...
'you guys will count as a bowl certifiable win for us right?'
'uh, yeah'
'great, heres a check for 400k and we will see you on 9/14!'

ugh.....

Oh Lord

I was trying to come up with a movie line that summed it up.

Best I could do is:

Dean: "Mr. Mellon, I'm only going to ask you this once, is the work you are turning in your own?"

Thornton: "I can't lie to you Dean Martin....yes it is"

Dean: "Well, I'm satisfied"

hell, just A.

Oh Lord

Good luck getting that answer out of SU.

That's really the key. If it counts, it's not a bad schedule. Would be nice to have had that 2nd bye be Nov 2, so we could have 4 games, bye, 4 games, bye, 4 games. Three November home games, has to be a record. All Saturday games too, so no short weeks.

But if Wagner doesn't count toward a bowl, someone should be looking for a job.

Maybe it will. The longer SU doesn't address the question, the longer we know the answer is no. Someone in our new unrecognizable PS needs to get this answer right away.

Forgive me for being stupid on this one, but I only see one FCS (Div. 1-A) team on the schedule. I don't see two. Don't we always have 1 count for the 6 win requirement? How is this different from Stony Brook?

Forgive me for being stupid on this one, but I only see one FCS (Div. 1-A) team on the schedule. I don't see two. Don't we always have 1 count for the 6 win requirement? How is this different from Stony Brook?

Matt 1AA teams have to meet the requirement of offering a certain # of athletic scholarships. Wagner only offers 40 which is well under the minimum threshold, as such under the NCAA rules they would not count as a win for a Div 1 team unless there was some sort of waiver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom