Class of 2020 An Early Look at the Top NYS Prospects in the Class of 2020

CuseisOK

Walk On
Murphy is involved with some big time programs. Not like the players you took from NY last year. I don't think Miami is a big enough name to interest him but you never know in recruiting.
We already have Chaney committed who is a much higher profile recruit. We are in the running for Knighton who is also a higher profile recruit. I might even take Parrish before Murphy but he is a very nice Plan B guy.

Who is leading in his recruitment right now?

Attachments

sutomcat

Former Iggy Winner. I used to be somebody special
Staff member
We already have Chaney committed who is a much higher profile recruit. We are in the running for Knighton who is also a higher profile recruit. I might even take Parrish before Murphy but he is a very nice Plan B guy.

Who is leading in his recruitment right now?
He verbaled to Purdue on 6/15, so I will say the Boilermakers.

CousCuse

Coach Mac Foreva
What about that QB in Lowville, Chad Bach. He's a dual threat QB who also punts and plays LB. 6-3, 205. I also saw highlights of him catching TD's. Led his team to an undefeated season and has a lot of Dungey in him.

sutomcat

Staff member
What about that QB in Lowville, Chad Bach. He's a dual threat QB who also punts and plays LB. 6-3, 205. I also saw highlights of him catching TD's. Led his team to an undefeated season and has a lot of Dungey in him.
He looks like a fine prospect but college interest for football players from Lowville is not great. Chad is verballed to Hobart for lacrosse. Pretty sure that is his future.

But who knows, maybe he leads Lowville to a state championship in football, plays in the Dome and wows the Syracuse coaching staff. It is a real longshot when a kid has only passed for 800 or so yards his senior season. These run based old fashioned offenses a lot of programs in upstate NY use make it hard for QBs to get interest from college programs.

CousCuse

Coach Mac Foreva
He looks like a fine prospect but college interest for football players from Lowville is not great. Chad is verballed to Hobart for lacrosse. Pretty sure that is his future.

But who knows, maybe he leads Lowville to a state championship in football, plays in the Dome and wows the Syracuse coaching staff. It is a real longshot when a kid has only passed for 800 or so yards his senior season. These run based old fashioned offenses a lot of programs in upstate NY use make it hard for QBs to get interest from college programs.
I know, that seems like overlooking a lot of prospects right here in our own backyard. For as long as I can remember, SU is always short on QB's and many recruits don't amount to anything even though they have interest and stars by their names. Couldn't a guy like that be a project to develop and bring up to that level? He appears to have the heart and the athletic ability. Certainly would have everyone in the North country as Orange fans.

sutomcat

Staff member
I know, that seems like overlooking a lot of prospects right here in our own backyard. For as long as I can remember, SU is always short on QB's and many recruits don't amount to anything even though they have interest and stars by their names. Couldn't a guy like that be a project to develop and bring up to that level? He appears to have the heart and the athletic ability. Certainly would have everyone in the North country as Orange fans.
You know I like the kids from upstate NY and have tried to promote them and help them get scholarships. I would love to see Chad get a football scholarship too.

Bottom line, Chad has a scholarship to Hobart for lacrosse. I bet he didn’t go to the Syracuse camp, or any other D1 football camp. I bet he loves lacrosse and is content to stick with it from this point forward.

Glad he has a full ride. The little film I have seen of him, it looks like he has a strong arm and can run. He definitely has legit size. I wish him well the rest of the season and hope to see him play in the Dome for a state championship.

CousCuse

Coach Mac Foreva
You know I like the kids from upstate NY and have tried to promote them and help them get scholarships. I would love to see Chad get a football scholarship too.

Bottom line, Chad has a scholarship to Hobart for lacrosse. I bet he didn’t go to the Syracuse camp, or any other D1 football camp. I bet he loves lacrosse and is content to stick with it from this point forward.

Glad he has a full ride. The little film I have seen of him, it looks like he has a strong arm and can run. He definitely has legit size. I wish him well the rest of the season and hope to see him play in the Dome for a state championship.
I'm not trying to be argumentative STC. I just see a lot of these kids and think if they moved south they might be getting some real offers. But hey what do I know. Also, why would he come to camp or why would his parents pay for it when no upstate kids ever get recruited to play for the Orange, or for any team. All that potential talent is just dismissed.

Last edited:

Noexcuse

Hall of Fame
I know he’s 2021 but I’m guessing we are probably not high CBA qb Travis Ward’s list anymore.

Last edited:

sutomcat

Staff member
I know he’s 2021 but I’m guessing we are probably not high CBA qb Travis Ward’s list anymore.
Not to pile on the Ward family, but CBA had an awful season this year and I don’t think Ward positioned himself well for getting high level scholarship offers. I wish the Ward family only the best in the future.

sutomcat

Staff member
Interesting recruiting development. A BCS QB prospect has emerged out of Long Island and is getting serious interest from some big time schools. Kent State is interested but I haven’t seen any indication Syracuse is.

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate
Interesting recruiting development. A BCS QB prospect has emerged out of Long Island and is getting serious interest from some big time schools. Kent State is interested but I haven’t seen any indication Syracuse is.

Reminds me of a taller slightly more mobile Licata

sutomcat

Staff member
Reminds me of a taller slightly more mobile Licata
Big strong QB with excellent athletic ability and toughness. Good, not great arm. Wears number 2.

Dude, he is the second coming! Said to be visiting UM this weekend. They might only offer him a preferred walk on position.

I would offer him.

sutomcat

Staff member
Big strong QB with excellent athletic ability and toughness. Good, not great arm. Wears number 2.

Dude, he is the second coming! Said to be visiting UM this weekend. They might only offer him a preferred walk on position.

I would offer him.
Looks like he is going to get a late offer from Pitt.

reedny

Stable Genius
Looks like he is going to get a late offer from Pitt.

Are we asleep on this?

sutomcat

Staff member
Are we asleep on this?
The kid does not have a gun. He only threw for around 1300-1400 yards this season. Played in a primitive offense that featured the running game. Was a late bloomer who became a different player after adding 25 pounds of muscle before his senior season.

That said, it looks like he has an accurate arm, his intangibles are off the chart and he is a winner. Assuming we struck out on all our top targets, I would rather take this kid and see how he develops than hold the scholarship for next year. We need bodies to run practices and this guy is athletic and physical enough that he could play a couple of other positions if QB doesn't work out for him.

I get it if he doesn't get an offer but will be disappointed we didn't go after him if we end up taking no HS QBs for this class. I think he is worth giving a chance.

reedny

Stable Genius
The kid does not have a gun. He only threw for around 1300-1400 yards this season. Played in a primitive offense that featured the running game. Was a late bloomer who became a different player after adding 25 pounds of muscle before his senior season.

That said, it looks like he has an accurate arm, his intangibles are off the chart and he is a winner. Assuming we struck out on all our top targets, I would rather take this kid and see how he develops than hold the scholarship for next year. We need bodies to run practices and this guy is athletic and physical enough that he could play a couple of other positions if QB doesn't work out for him.

I get it if he doesn't get an offer but will be disappointed we didn't go after him if we end up taking no HS QBs for this class. I think he is worth giving a chance.
Sounds a bit like ED.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom