Class of 2020 - An Early Look at the Top NYS Prospects in the Class of 2020 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 An Early Look at the Top NYS Prospects in the Class of 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murphy is involved with some big time programs. Not like the players you took from NY last year. I don't think Miami is a big enough name to interest him but you never know in recruiting.

We already have Chaney committed who is a much higher profile recruit. We are in the running for Knighton who is also a higher profile recruit. I might even take Parrish before Murphy but he is a very nice Plan B guy.

Who is leading in his recruitment right now?

Attachments

• 1194997D-8A8D-4F42-B528-DC4239FAD0C8.jpeg
    1194997D-8A8D-4F42-B528-DC4239FAD0C8.jpeg
    561.9 KB · Views: 112
We already have Chaney committed who is a much higher profile recruit. We are in the running for Knighton who is also a higher profile recruit. I might even take Parrish before Murphy but he is a very nice Plan B guy.

Who is leading in his recruitment right now?
He verbaled to Purdue on 6/15, so I will say the Boilermakers.

What about that QB in Lowville, Chad Bach. He's a dual threat QB who also punts and plays LB. 6-3, 205. I also saw highlights of him catching TD's. Led his team to an undefeated season and has a lot of Dungey in him.

What about that QB in Lowville, Chad Bach. He's a dual threat QB who also punts and plays LB. 6-3, 205. I also saw highlights of him catching TD's. Led his team to an undefeated season and has a lot of Dungey in him.
He looks like a fine prospect but college interest for football players from Lowville is not great. Chad is verballed to Hobart for lacrosse. Pretty sure that is his future.

But who knows, maybe he leads Lowville to a state championship in football, plays in the Dome and wows the Syracuse coaching staff. It is a real longshot when a kid has only passed for 800 or so yards his senior season. These run based old fashioned offenses a lot of programs in upstate NY use make it hard for QBs to get interest from college programs.

He looks like a fine prospect but college interest for football players from Lowville is not great. Chad is verballed to Hobart for lacrosse. Pretty sure that is his future.

But who knows, maybe he leads Lowville to a state championship in football, plays in the Dome and wows the Syracuse coaching staff. It is a real longshot when a kid has only passed for 800 or so yards his senior season. These run based old fashioned offenses a lot of programs in upstate NY use make it hard for QBs to get interest from college programs.
I know, that seems like overlooking a lot of prospects right here in our own backyard. For as long as I can remember, SU is always short on QB's and many recruits don't amount to anything even though they have interest and stars by their names. Couldn't a guy like that be a project to develop and bring up to that level? He appears to have the heart and the athletic ability. Certainly would have everyone in the North country as Orange fans.

I know, that seems like overlooking a lot of prospects right here in our own backyard. For as long as I can remember, SU is always short on QB's and many recruits don't amount to anything even though they have interest and stars by their names. Couldn't a guy like that be a project to develop and bring up to that level? He appears to have the heart and the athletic ability. Certainly would have everyone in the North country as Orange fans.
You know I like the kids from upstate NY and have tried to promote them and help them get scholarships. I would love to see Chad get a football scholarship too.

Bottom line, Chad has a scholarship to Hobart for lacrosse. I bet he didn’t go to the Syracuse camp, or any other D1 football camp. I bet he loves lacrosse and is content to stick with it from this point forward.

Glad he has a full ride. The little film I have seen of him, it looks like he has a strong arm and can run. He definitely has legit size. I wish him well the rest of the season and hope to see him play in the Dome for a state championship.

You know I like the kids from upstate NY and have tried to promote them and help them get scholarships. I would love to see Chad get a football scholarship too.

Bottom line, Chad has a scholarship to Hobart for lacrosse. I bet he didn’t go to the Syracuse camp, or any other D1 football camp. I bet he loves lacrosse and is content to stick with it from this point forward.

Glad he has a full ride. The little film I have seen of him, it looks like he has a strong arm and can run. He definitely has legit size. I wish him well the rest of the season and hope to see him play in the Dome for a state championship.
I'm not trying to be argumentative STC. I just see a lot of these kids and think if they moved south they might be getting some real offers. But hey what do I know. Also, why would he come to camp or why would his parents pay for it when no upstate kids ever get recruited to play for the Orange, or for any team. All that potential talent is just dismissed.

Last edited:
I know he’s 2021 but I’m guessing we are probably not high CBA qb Travis Ward’s list anymore.

Last edited:
I know he’s 2021 but I’m guessing we are probably not high CBA qb Travis Ward’s list anymore.
Not to pile on the Ward family, but CBA had an awful season this year and I don’t think Ward positioned himself well for getting high level scholarship offers. I wish the Ward family only the best in the future.

Interesting recruiting development. A BCS QB prospect has emerged out of Long Island and is getting serious interest from some big time schools. Kent State is interested but I haven’t seen any indication Syracuse is.

Interesting recruiting development. A BCS QB prospect has emerged out of Long Island and is getting serious interest from some big time schools. Kent State is interested but I haven’t seen any indication Syracuse is.

Reminds me of a taller slightly more mobile Licata

Reminds me of a taller slightly more mobile Licata
Big strong QB with excellent athletic ability and toughness. Good, not great arm. Wears number 2.

Dude, he is the second coming! Said to be visiting UM this weekend. They might only offer him a preferred walk on position.

I would offer him.

Big strong QB with excellent athletic ability and toughness. Good, not great arm. Wears number 2.

Dude, he is the second coming! Said to be visiting UM this weekend. They might only offer him a preferred walk on position.

I would offer him.
Looks like he is going to get a late offer from Pitt.

Are we asleep on this?

Are we asleep on this?
The kid does not have a gun. He only threw for around 1300-1400 yards this season. Played in a primitive offense that featured the running game. Was a late bloomer who became a different player after adding 25 pounds of muscle before his senior season.

That said, it looks like he has an accurate arm, his intangibles are off the chart and he is a winner. Assuming we struck out on all our top targets, I would rather take this kid and see how he develops than hold the scholarship for next year. We need bodies to run practices and this guy is athletic and physical enough that he could play a couple of other positions if QB doesn't work out for him.

I get it if he doesn't get an offer but will be disappointed we didn't go after him if we end up taking no HS QBs for this class. I think he is worth giving a chance.

The kid does not have a gun. He only threw for around 1300-1400 yards this season. Played in a primitive offense that featured the running game. Was a late bloomer who became a different player after adding 25 pounds of muscle before his senior season.

That said, it looks like he has an accurate arm, his intangibles are off the chart and he is a winner. Assuming we struck out on all our top targets, I would rather take this kid and see how he develops than hold the scholarship for next year. We need bodies to run practices and this guy is athletic and physical enough that he could play a couple of other positions if QB doesn't work out for him.

I get it if he doesn't get an offer but will be disappointed we didn't go after him if we end up taking no HS QBs for this class. I think he is worth giving a chance.
Sounds a bit like ED.

Here is an updated list of my top 31. I think 18 players already have at least one scholarship offer for football. A number also play lacrosse and are going to play that sport in college.

The big moves are Cullen Coleman, who has emerged as a national recruit with offers from almost everyone, Ibrahim Tratore, an OT from NYC and Steven Mahar, an good looking TE out of Aquinas in Rochester. Tratore and Mahar came out of nowhere...didn’t see them on any all star lists from the 2018 season. But they clearly are BCS level talents.

Erasmus Hall has 4 of the top 11 prospects in the state. Pretty remarkable for a small school in Brooklyn.

Coleman is the only player in th top 13 who is not from NYC, which has become the epicenter for D1 prospects in NYS. Some of that is legit but I think a lot of schools recruiting the AA level players there stumble upon other players with talent. If you have talent and play in NYC thes days you are going to get attention.

# Player Name High School Pos Hometown Hgt Wgt Comments
1 Tirek Murphy Jr Christ the King RB Queens 6’1 205 #23 RB in class of 2020, cbs sports all American, 23 offers to date, including Syracuse
2 Cullen Coleman Rye Country Day ATH Rye 6’3 220 Big, strong, fast. 1st team all state offense class B. Offers from mult ivies, UMass, Temple, RU, UM, ND, Neb, OSU, Bama, Purdue, BC & Syracuse
3 Lamy Constant Poly Prep RB Brooklyn 6’0 190 Top 100 players in NYC as soph, offers from Syracuse, BC, UMd, Mich, LSU, UM, RU. Loves ND.
4 Sofian Mousaud Cardinal Hayes ATH Brooklyn 6’2 185 3rd team class AA all state, 1st team All NYC, passed for 3106 yards, 32 TDs, offers from Syracuse, BC, UVa
5 William Mohan Erasmus Hall ATH Brooklyn 6’1 190 Offers from Michigan, Syracuse and Tennessee, 1st team all NYS as junior
6 Israel Abanikanda Lincoln RB Brooklyn 5’11 182 Offers from Syracuse, BC, Temple, Rutgers and UB. One of the fastest players in the state.
7 Justin Bellido Erasmus Hall WR Brooklyn 5’10 170 Led PSAL in receptions as junior. Great hands. Offers from Syracuse, Boston College, Temple and FAU.
8 AJ Roberts Tottenville LB Staten Island 6’2 210 3rd team all state defense class A. Offers from LSU, Rutgers, UMass, BC, Pitt, Temple, Dartmouth, Purdue & Syracuse
9 Ibrahim Traore Frederick Douglas OT Harlem 6’5 290 Best offensive lineman in the state? Offers from Tennessee and Buffalo.
10 Elijah Gaines Erasmus Hall ATH Queens 6’3 200 Transfer from Alexandria, VA. Offered by Pitt, V Tech, UVa
11 Andre Hines Jr Erasmus Hall ATH Brooklyn 6’2 205 HM All NYC, as a soph, 4.5 40, 245 lb bp, big, fast transfer from St Peters, offers from BC, SUNY Albany, Florida Atlantic & Kent State.
12 Michael Tetteh Cardinal Hayes DL Bronx 6’4 260 Offers from Temple and Buffalo
13 Zephron Lester Christ the King DT Middle Village 6’1 265 Offers from Temple, Army, Penn and Morgan State
14 Steven Mahar Jr Aquinas Institute TE Rochester 6’5 225 Very athletic, can get yards after catch. Offers from Buffalo, Fordham and SUNY Stony Brook
15 Jordan Dunbar Iona Prep DB New Rochelle 6’1 183 1st team all NYS as junior, offers from Florida Atlantic, Fordham, Georgetown, Penn and Princeton, 4.47 40, 3.8 gpa
16 Xavier Arline Shoreham-Wading River ATH Shoreham 5’9 170 Fifth team all state offense class A, ran for 2275 yards (tops in NYS) and 33 TDs as a junior. 4.43 40. Offer from SUNY Stony Brook
17 Jordan Francois Bridgton Academy SS Valley Stream 5’10 210 Doing post grad season in New England, offer from Wagner, big Syracuse fan
18 Nate Carter Bishop Kearney RB Rochester 5’10 180 First team preseason All Greater Rochester, great tackler, excellent speed, tough and exciting player, Syracuse interest
19 Haydon Broockmann Ichabod Crane TE Valatie 6’4 215 First team all NYS, 37 catches, 716 yards, 11 TDs as junior, agile, good hands
20 Dominick Barbuto Lynbrook DE/LB Lynbrook 6’3 235 All Long Island second team as a junior, Newsday says D1 player, violent hitting, turnover generator, coming off a knee injury that caused him to miss most of his junior season. 3.8 gpa
21 Liam Scheuer Williamsville North DE Williamsville 6’2 250 1st team class A all state, 109 tackles, 23 TFL 11 sacks as soph. QB demo machine, love his film. 3.3 gpa
22 Tyrese Weeks Midwood RB Brooklyn 6’0 222 4th team all state offense class AA, 315 bp, power back who can catch it too. ‘Iron Head’-like game, leading rusher in PSAL as jr
21 Sunkonmi Agyunioye Lindenhurst DE Lindenhurst 6’5 230 3rd team all state defense class AA, good athlete, very physical, will probably end up at DT
23 Justin Lacks Moore Catholic RB Staten Island 6’0 205 5th team all state (class B) as a frosh, ran for 1251 yards, 11 TDs as a soph, US Army AA as junior
24 D’Jae Perry Bennett RB Buffalo 5’10 185 1st team All WNY, 4th team all state offense class AA, averaged 14.2 ypc, ran for 1175 yards and 10 TDs as junior
25 Hugh Kelleher MacArthur ATH Levittown 6’2 190 2nd team all state defense class A, All Long Island first team as a junior. Fast, tackles well, projects as SS, verbaled to Cornell for lacrosse
26 Mike Glinski West Seneca West LB West Seneca 6’2 215 First team all state class A, All WNY as sophomore and junior. Also one of the best HS hockey players in NYS.
27 Christian Tait Monsignor Farrell WR Staten Island 6’4 185 2nd team all state offense class AA, 58 catches for 775 yards and 5 TDs. Classic possession WR.
28 John Mack Minisink Valley WR Slate Hill 6’3 190 Tall, rangy, 2nd team All section as junior despite missing half of season w/ injury
29 Colbie Young Binghamton WR Binghamton 6’3 180 6th team class AA all state as soph, 1st team All Southern Tier as soph & junior. D1 talent.
30 Gio Fabi Owego DL Owego 6’2 260 Elite 24 (All Southern Tier) as junior, very agile and versatile
31 Justin Brown Half Hollow Hills West ATH Dix Hills 6’0 180 1st team all state offense class A, All Long Island first team as a junior, ran for over 1300 yards, UConn offer, committed to Michigan for lacrosse
32 Nick Wamp Skaneateles WR Skaneateles 6’2 204 First team All CNY as a soph & junior, 7th all time in receiving yards in NYS history, also all region lacrosse player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom