An orange tinged Father's Day story | Syracusefan.com

An orange tinged Father's Day story

cuseinchina

Starter
My 6 year old son and I just had a great experience. After a nice brunch, we took our daily journey to a park in Ft Greene Brooklyn for our dose of bike riding, basketball, soccer, and throwing random objects into puddles. Lots of kids out with their dads, it was a pleasant Brooklyn afternoon.

Coming out of the park my kid grabs my leg and says 'daddy - that guy has cuse shorts'. Guy turns around and says 'oh do you like Syracuse?' kid nods and smiles aggresively. Guy says 'well I play football for them. are you going to get out and watch us play Penn State in a few weeks?' Went on to have a nice 15 minute conversation with Lewellyn Coker. What a nice nice guy. They are really looking forward to this season, especially for Coker as it's his last year. But they are loving the new staff and he spoke very favorably about the level of excitement, energy, and engagement with them as people as compared to the old leadership. Really fired up about the move to the ACC. As soon as my kid got home he ran looking for the bE Extraordinary magazine that was sent out recently and searched frantically for no. 41. Just really happy to know that this is the kind of person we recruit to spend that kind of time when he's just walking down a street enjoying his summer vacation.

My 6 year old son and I just had a great experience. After a nice brunch, we took our daily journey to a park in Ft Greene Brooklyn for our dose of bike riding, basketball, soccer, and throwing random objects into puddles. Lots of kids out with their dads, it was a pleasant Brooklyn afternoon.

Coming out of the park my kid grabs my leg and says 'daddy - that guy has cuse shorts'. Guy turns around and says 'oh do you like Syracuse?' kid nods and smiles aggresively. Guy says 'well I play football for them. are you going to get out and watch us play Penn State in a few weeks?' Went on to have a nice 15 minute conversation with Lewellyn Coker. What a nice nice guy. They are really looking forward to this season, especially for Coker as it's his last year. But they are loving the new staff and he spoke very favorably about the level of excitement, energy, and engagement with them as people as compared to the old leadership. As soon as my kid got home he ran looking for the bE Extraordinary magazine that was sent out recently and searched frantically for no. 41. Just really happy to know that this is the kind of person we recruit to spend that kind of time when he's just walking down a street enjoying his summer vacation.

Cool story...thank you for sharing.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Great story...now follow it up with getting your son down by the players after the game is over. Get #41 to sign his name to a hat or something. You'll do your part in getting a lifelong Cuse fan. If you don't have season tickets let me know...I have some seats on the 40 yard line for several games this year I won't use. There is probably an 8 year total diehard Cuse kid that sits next to me. I'll sell you the tickets for less than face. He will get the added benefit of seeing some coaches up close with these seats.

Some of my favorite memories as a kid was going to SU FB games in elementary school. Time to pay it forward.

Great story...now follow it up with getting your son down by the players after the game is over. Get #41 to sign his name to a hat or something. You'll do your part in getting a lifelong Cuse fan. If you don't have season tickets let me know...I have some seats on the 40 yard line for several games this year I won't use. There is probably an 8 year total diehard Cuse kid that sits next to me. I'll sell you the tickets for less than face. He will get the added benefit of seeing some coaches up close with these seats.

Some of my favorite memories as a kid was going to SU FB games in elementary school. Time to pay it forward.
Can't tell you how much I appreciate that offer. We actually bought tickets this year for the first time (or first time since I was a student 14 years ago). Not nearly as good as your seats though. I think he's on the way to cuse fan for life after the pinstripe last year and final 4 this year. Thanks again for offering that!

Seriously, this why this board is the best

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom